<— SURPRISE!!!!! :D!!! December 7th is our LUCKY DAY my friends!!!! The last 24 hours has been INCREDIBLE for new releases (MY FAVORITE AUTHORS!!! Colleen Hoover, Alessandra Torre, Aly Martinez, R.S. Grey, Sara Ney, K. Larsen, Mara White ALL have books that just went LIVE). Am I dreaming?? Don’t wake me if I am. 😉 I dunno why they waited until today, but I’m ALL for it.
Annette: Eeek! This is a great release day list.
Maryse: Right??!! :D!!!
Consider this an extra-special “new release” list along with our bargains and recommendations. What a reading weekend we’re gonna have!!! 🙂
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Verity by Colleen Hoover <— LIVE!!! ANOTHER COLLEEN HOOVER SURPRISE!!! Two weeks in a row!!! Colleen Hoover is on a book release roll, and this one was only schedule to go live in TWO weeks, but guess what? It’s ready NOW!! 😀 PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! He’s hired to help finish an injured best-selling author’s books… “...Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity’s notes and outlines, hoping to find enough material to get her started. What Lowen doesn’t expect to uncover in the chaotic office is an unfinished autobiography Verity never intended for anyone to read. Page after page of bone-chilling admissions, including Verity’s recollection of what really happened the day her daughter died. …” P.S. we’re having a signed book giveaway on this post.
Jenn: I just saw the best news ever, Colleen Hoover’s Verity will be out THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! That is two CoHo surprises in one week. 🙂 …very eager to read Verity as it is beyond her norm of writing ( a little on the dark side…I think) so I am looking so forward to that.
Amy: Also, I remember the mention of Colleen Hoover’s Verity not long ago but somehow missed the blurb. Until now. HOLY. MOLY. *Click!!!* Well, preorder *click* but it’s so mine…
- Tripping on a Halo: A Romantic Comedy by Alessandra Torre <— LIVE!!! ALESSANDRA TORRE ALERT!!! SHE’S HIS GUARDIAN ANGEL & SHE’S FALLING FOR HIM... “…I didn’t ask for this. I was perfectly happy—and perfectly sane—before I stumbled into the role of Declan’s guardian angel. It was a thankless job until the moment that my panties dropped and his delicious smirk found his way in between my thighs. Hello, toe-curling ecstasy. Goodbye, professional boundaries. And suddenly, there’s a new danger to avoid: the falling of my heart.”
Tasha: Did you guys see Alessandra Torre’s new release coming out tomorrow? It’s called Tripping on a Halo- I love the cover! And I may be in the mood for something lighter.
- Damon (Raleigh Texas Wolves Book 1) by Teagan Wilde
- Across the Horizon by Aly Martinez <— LIVE!! I WENT 5-STAR CRAZY for the duet, and now a sort of… spin-off standalone is LIVE!!! TOTAL BLURB JOLT!!!! OMG!!! He saved her from her cheating husband… “…I didn’t believe it until five minutes later when mouth-watering celebrity chef Tanner Reese walked up, tossed his arm around my shoulders, and told my cheating husband to take a hike. Tanner and I couldn’t have been more different. He spent his weekends at clubs, rubbing elbows with fellow A-listers. I spent mine in yoga pants with cheese boards and a glass of wine—or six. Our relationship shouldn’t have worked, but it did. That is until Tanner proved to me that even though love happens when you least expect it… So does heartbreak.” <— GASP!!!!!! Plus I have a little “Reader Question” tidbit about this one (answered by the author herself)!!!
Erin: Can’t wait to read. I absolutely loved the Darkest Sunshine series. I needed a good book this weekend!
- The Darkest Sunrise Duet by Aly Martinez <— MY 5-STAR RECOMMENDATION!! While we’re on the subject (of the book right above), might I tempt you in one of my ultimate 5-star duets? This story blew me away (this author is one of my absolute favorites) and if you haven’t read it yet, I must insist!!! In fact, here are my reviews: Book Review – The Darkest Sunrise by Aly Martinez – 5 stars AND… Book Review – The Brightest Sunset By Aly Martinez – 5 stars
Steph: LOVED The Darkest Sunrise. The follow up was just as good and you will wonder how she can top the first.
Theresa: Started late so I could not be left with cliffy. Her writing is so great and sooo happy that I am not OCDing over typos and grammar mistakes and mispellings lol. But I think I see what’s coming. The dialogue is just so fresh and great in this book. Gotta love her writing and stories.
- Side Hustle by Emily Goodwin <— LIVE!! BROODING SINGLE DAD COP ALERT!!!! MINE!!! Totally my catnip. 😉 “…When Scarlet Cooper takes a new job as a nanny, she assumes she’s going to work for the rich couple who hired her. But instead of pulling up to their million-dollar estate, she finds herself on the front porch of a humble farmhouse, looking into the eyes of dark and brooding single dad, Weston Dawson.It’s bad enough that Weston doesn’t have a fortune to charm out of him, but he’s also a cop…”
- Neighborly: A Novel <— CRAZY-NEIGHBORHOOD/KIND OF PSYCH-THRILLER-Y and I enjoyed this one!! AND it’s super-bargain priced today!! Not the most clever mind-blowing reveal, but entertaining and … just “threatening” enough to keep me hooked. Here’s my review.
Amy: The blurb had me intrigued, and the “from the editor” note had me cringing (why would the h DO that?!?) and then freaking out a little bit. I HAVE to get to this one soon!
- Jock Rule (Jock Hard Book 2) by Sara New <— LIVE!!! OMG!!!!! SURPRISE!!! The latest by Sara Ney IS LIVE TOO!!! She’s hilarious and her jocks just KILL ME!!!! And I just LOVE the premise of this one! “…Kip Carmichael is no pretty boy. He’s a rough. Dirty. Giant. Hair so unruly, and a beard so thick, his friends on the team call him Sasquatch. The first time Sasquatch lays eyes on Theodora “Teddy” Johnson across the keg at a party one night on Jock Row, she’d been relegated to the sidelines by her jock hungry “friends.” Week-after-week, he watches beautiful but bashful Teddy getting overshadowed, and overlooked…”
LisafromDFW: I devoured Jock Rule. The H is a really hairy guy (it’s all explained) and at one point he calls himself the h’s “hairy godmother”. I laughed so hard. It’s a quick read but another absolute winner from Sara Ney!!!!!!!
Jodi: Woohoo Another Jock Series Book!!!
The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE& Jan loved this one!”…Duke of Shadows is really good. Quite intense and emotional, and quite an original setting and storyline too.”
- Dirty Rich Obsession: All Mine (Reid & Carrie Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones
- Finding My Girl / Loving Talia (Love Like Ours Companion Booklet) (Sugar Lake Book 4) by Melissa Foster
- Mr. President (White House Book 1) by Katy Evans <— KATY EVANS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
- Keeping Her Under The Mistletoe: A Novelette by M. Robinson <— LIVE!!!
- Hotshot Doc by R.S. Grey <— THE LATEST BY R.S. GREY IS LIVE!!! HOT/DEMANDING COCKY DOCTOR ALERT!! This doctor has a surly reputation, and she’s trying to avoid him at all cost… but now she has to work WITH HIM!!! “…His retirement leaves me with two terrible options: switch specialties and spend months retraining, or take an open position as Dr. Russell’s surgical assistant. That means I have to stand near him in the OR for hours on end and anticipate his every need without letting his biting words and bad attitude intimidate me. Oh, and as if that’s not difficult enough, my silly crush on him—the one I’ve tried to stomp on until it disappears—might just be reciprocated...”
Jen C: Just finished Hotshot Doc – it was just what I needed. Sweet, swoony, witty, a bit of angst and kind of like reading Grey’s Anatomy in book form! Loved it and highly recommend when you need something easy to read.
- The Darkness Within Us (The Dark Dimension Series Book 1) by Brooke Hodge
- Stealing Her: A Dark Romance by Alexis Abbott
- Unleashed: An Ogg’s Point Novel by L.A. Fiore & Anothony Dwayne <— LIVE!!! L.A. FIORE ALERT!!
- Cabin Fever by K. Larsen & Mara White <— LIVE!!! K. Larsen & Mara White’s latest!!! He’s reclusive and he saves her... “…When a rugged mountain man rescues a sleeping beauty from the snow, two strangers are flung together to ride out the blizzard of their lives. He fled society and the walls of conformity. She ran from a mid-life crisis and the man who’d abandoned her. What they didn’t know was a perfect storm was brewing that would bring them together…”
Jean: Something about Cabin Fever is drawing me in (reclusive guy….yup)!
- All He Wants (Lost Coast Harbor) by Eve Kincaid
- Trouble Brewing by Selena Kitt
- Twerk by <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! And C.J. Roberts recommends it!! Strippers in danger? “...Amber falls immediately in lust with the hot paramedic who arrives, and follows him outside, anticipating sizzling romance. But, her casual encounter quickly descends into a terrifying, twisted nightmare from which she is unable to escape. Five days later, and it’s Lana’s next shift at the club; she’s a fly-in-fly-out stripper paying her way through law school – she’s also Amber’s best friend…”
- His Judas Bride by Shehanne Moore
- Clutter Free by Kathi Lipp <— SUPER-BARGAIN priced and not a romance but I love these kinds of books and the reviews for this one in particular are AMAZING!!!! Supposedly it’s funny, and super-motivating!
- Idol Thoughts (A K-Pop Romance) (H3RO Book 1) by J.S. Lee <— We joked a bit about the K-POP REVERSE HAREM THEME (with our K-POP and K-Drama lover, bev) but our resident reverse-harem love went in and she enjoyed it! YAY!!!!
Tessa: Finished the series from a few days ago with the kpop reverse harem. Happy to report it was really good. Totally believable that they are in a band. (pet peeve when it’s not) It actually got very in depth of what’s behind the scene of making a song get out and what’s needed for kpop to thrive. Love that!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- The Blood That Drives Us (Devils Dust Legacy Book 1) by M.N. Forgy – December 10th 2018
- Pandemic by Robin Cook – December 11th 2018
- Tall, Dark and Tempting (Tall, Dark and Sexy Series Book 3) by Erika Wilde – December 11th 2018
- Permission (The Perversion Trilogy Book 3) by T.M. Frazier – December 11th 2018
- Tangled Like Us (Like Us Series: Billionaires & Bodyguards Book 4) by Krista & Becca Ritchie – December 18th 2018
- Peyton & Noah by Heidi McLaughlin – December 18th 2018
- Safe and Sound (Sisterhood) by Fern Michaels – December 18th 2018
- Midnight Bite by Cynthia Eden – December 18th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).