<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! Brand new release JUST WENT LIVE!! —> The Viper (Untamed Hearts Book 1) by Kele Moon is now on Amazon! This is a book from one of my fave MMA fighter series. It’s actually a spinoff from the “Battered Heart Series” ’cause these are the mob guys involved in that whole thing… YAY ME!!!!
The author states:
Kele Moon: “I wrote the new series so it could stand alone, but for fans of the Battered Hearts books all their fav characters are in it…”
Sally: Wait, wait…WHAT?!? Did you say MOB GUYS!!! LOL
Kristi: I’m reading now and enjoying the hell out of it!! Sally, it has gang members in it and some bad boy fighters!!!
Christine: I loved battered hearts!!!! Can’t wait to read this! 🙂
And here are my reviews of the first 3 in case y’all are curious:
- Book Review – Defying the Odds – 4.5 stars
- Book Review – Star Crossed (Battered Hearts 2) – 4 stars
- Book Review – Crossing the Line – 4.5 stars
Wow… we have quite a few unique (or at least… exciting-sounding) premises today! A virgin that sells it to the highest bidder, another one about a family debt that she must repay (by becoming his, on his 29th birthday), a lead-prisoner that runs the show, and takes the warden’s daughter while she’s visiting the prison (eeeep!!), a stripper paying her way through college, until… “there’s one other person who knows both the quiet, antisocial Hannah and the sensual, shameless Alicia.” <— HER TEACHER! Oh! And one about a girl getting over her cheating ex, accidentally uncovers something that puts her on a mob hit-list and the only cop who’ll help her is… her cheating ex! <— YIKES!
Plus! A bunch of dark reads, rock star reads, biker reads… and some super-angsty sounding, trouble-making love triangles. You know. Right up our book-alley. 😉
P.S. —> I’m still adding to this list as we speak. There’ve been LOTS of new releases over the last few days that look awesome! (I noted a bunch of ’em below + SO many releasing on sale).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Bo & Ember (November Blue Book 5) by Andrea Randall <— Stephanie found us this deal today, saying: “This is the fifth, and final, book in the November Blue series. Bo & Ember (November Blue Book 5) by Andrea Randall On SALE for limited time.” Here is the November Blue Series Reading Order
- Stay by Emily Goodwin <— DARK READ ALERT!!! Stephanie found it! “…all that changes in an instant when she is witness to something terrible, something she wasn’t supposed to see. Beaten, drugged, kidnapped. Adeline Miller is ripped from her innocent and carefree life and thrust into darkness, into a world full of pain and horror…“
- Mr. X by Clarissa Wild <— Stephanie found us this one, too! “Described as Dark and Disturbing with Lust, Rage, Revenge, Violence, and more…★ Mr. X by Clarissa Wild ★! No Cliffhanger. Stand Alone.“
- Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1) by L.A. Casey <— Stephanie found us this sale, too! “Dominic wants Bronagh and the only way he can get to her, is by dragging her from the boxed off corner she has herself trapped in, the only way he knows how…by force. On SALE” <— PLUS!! Two more books were just released in the series (see ’em below in the contemporary releases).
- Strapped (Strapped Series Book 1) by Nina G. Jones <— Stephanie found us this one, too! “In celebration of the upcoming release of unStrapped, the final installment of the trilogy (available for pre-order), A dark story of passion, manipulation, obsession, and family secrets.”
- Strapped Down (Strapped Series Book 2) by Nina G. Jones <— and here is #2!
- Silent Whisper (Limbo Series Book 1) by Andrea Smith <— Thanks Janet for the heads-up!!
- Last Ascension (The Capes) by Rebecca Royce
- Ivormantis (Dragons of Dragonose Book 3) by Alice Brown & Lady V
- Captured by the Dragon (Eight Realms Book 3) by Sandra Sookoo
- A Curse Awakened: A Weird Girls Novella by Cecy Robson
- Southern Secrets (The Southern Series Book 2) by Shelley Stringer
- Twisted (Blood & Roses Book 5) by Callie Hart <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Dear Jon (Choisie Book 3) by Lori Otto <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Hard to Hold On To: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye <— “He may have just met her, but Jenna’s the first person to make him feel alive since that devastating day in the desert more than a year ago.”
- Bronagh (Slater Brothers, #1.5) by L.A. Casey (see book #1 on sale, in the bargain above!)
- Alec (Slater Brothers, #2) by L.A. Casey
- Breaking Bad (Bad Boys of the Bay Book 1) by Karin Tabke <— BAD-ASS COP ALERT! They had a one-night and… “Now he’s back, the baddest cop in the whole damn town, distracting her from the most important case of her career—capturing the Cain killer.”
- A Whole New Crowd by Tijan <— “Taryn grew up in a different world. Her boyfriend was a criminal. His older brother was part of a gang. They weren’t great people, but they were her family. Then everything changes when she’s adopted by a family in the neighboring town. New family. New friends. A new world. She’s elated. This is her chance for a new beginning, but secrets start being revealed and Taryn learns her new life has ties to her old one…“
- Debt Inheritance (Indebted Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— “Jethro Hawk receives Nila as an inheritance present on his twenty-ninth birthday. Her life is his until she’s paid off a debt that’s centuries old. He can do what he likes with her—nothing is out of bounds—she has to obey. ” <— Eeeeeep!
- Without You (Love Wanted in Texas Book 1) by Kelly Elliott <— “Getting caught prematurely causes them to admit their love for each other to their parents. One decision made by Alex’s father changes her entire world, shattering her plans for the future. Alex always thought Will was the very air she breathed, but life has a way of causing doubts for the one thing she thought was absolute…their love.“
- Seducing Lauren (Love Under the Big Sky Book 2) by Kristin Proby <— Lawyer begins to fall for his recently divorced client…
- Convicted (Entangled Ignite) by Dee Tenorio <— COP ALERT!! NEW RELEASE “…sultry biker has criminal written all over her. So why can’t he see her like any other convict?“
- Afterburn by Kathleen Lawless <— COPE ALERT again!
- Broken Heart Trail by Marijo Smith
- Small Town Girl (The Small Town Girl series) by Linda Cunningham
- Sprinkles on Top (A Sugar Springs Novel) by Kim Law
- Beast Part 1: An Erotic Fairy Tale by Ella James <— VIOLENT PRISONER ALERT!! (And her dad is a Warden at that prison) Looks like a serial series (and sounds good – except it’s short so, if it’s good it’ll make me antsy for more!) “Annabelle pays a surprise visit to La Rosa, hoping to use her new counseling license at a place she thinks she could make a difference. When Beast sees her, he releases the warden and grabs the nameless girl who played a starring role in the worst night of his life. The price for the warden’s error is not death. It’s his precious Belle.“
- Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan <— She auctions off her virginity!!! “Sophie Evans has been backed into a corner. With her sister’s life hanging in the balance, the only choice is to claw her way out, even if that means selling her virginity to the highest bidder at an exclusive erotic club. When Colton Drake takes her home, she quickly learns nothing is as it seems with this beautifully troubled man.“
- The Biker Who Rode Me: Motorcycle Club Erotic Romance by Claire Westwood <— Hehe. I think that title says it all.
- Sweeps (One Way or Another Book 4) by Jade Cain <— M/M romance!
- Takeover by Anna Zabo <— M/M romance!
- Transient Hearts (A Western Escape) Zee Monodee
- Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels <— I remember how popular this one was on Fictionpress (at least I think it was Fictionpress) and how often it was recommended when we all discovered the awesome indie books! Now it’s available on Amazon!
- A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries Book 7) by Lexi Blake <– BAD-ASS MILITARY DOMS! 😉
- Watching Fireflies (Love Bug Series Book 1) by Jaycee Ford <— “She flees her home in Charlotte, North Carolina to take a new job in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and make a new start where her ex-fiancé can’t find her. Jordan is just beginning to adjust to her new life in the middle of nowhere when a small town cowboy walks in and disrupts it all.“
- The Real Thing by Cassie Mae <— “When she starts receiving supersweet messages from a stranger who thinks she’s someone else, Mia begins to believe that real love is possible outside her virtual world.“
- Red Dirt Duchess by Reynolds Louise
- Risky Business (A Bomb Squad Novel) by Melissa Cutler <— HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!! “Allison Whitely’s ex left her with a mountain of debt and Cloud Nine, a struggling boat rental business. With zero job skills, her only hope of getting back in the black lies in a brooding ex-soldier who has her seeing red…”
- Shameless by Nina Lemay <— Oh this sounds like fun! Stripper paying her way through college… “But the inevitable happens and my two lives collide. And now there’s one other person who knows both the quiet, antisocial Hannah and the sensual, shameless Alicia. One person who keeps my secret.” <— and the kicker??!! He’s one of her college teachers. GAH!!!!!!
- The Warning Sign by Mia Marlowe <— Trying to move past her cheating ex, and starting over after college but things get crazy when she meets someone new and”…she figures out an accidental drowning wasn’t so accidental and ends up on a mob hitman’s “to do” list. And the only cop who’ll believe her is her cheating ex..“
- Let Me Be the One by Lily Foster <— “Darcy’s confidence is shattered after her “perfect” boyfriend becomes increasingly possessive and hostile. A year abroad is her escape—a chance to put some distance between them and also a chance to leave behind the shaken, insecure girl she has become. Tom Farrell has been waiting in the wings, watching as his friend screws up a relationship with the one girl Tom considers out of his reach…“
- Hopelessly Yours by Ellery Rhodes <— BAD BOY/RICH GIRL ALERT! “Jace Murrow is used to fending for himself. His mother dumped him on his grandmother and ex-con uncle when he was still in diapers. Crime is in his blood. When he sees the rich girl he used to daydream about at a party, he knows he should steer clear…“
- One Little Lie: A New Adult Romance by Willow Monroe <— Mysterious new stranger “bad boy” has her blowing off her college plans… “But when catastrophe strikes – twice – can she defend her beautiful man against the people who want him gone?“
- November’s Beach by N.C. East
- Love at First Sigh by Elodie Parkes
- Sinfully Decadent by Aurora Rose Lynn
- Stalemate by Ginger Sharp <— Single moody father and his new neighbor (that is becoming disillusioned with love): “When these two lost neighbors meet, sparks fly, tempers flare, and both learn to deal with the baggage in their mutual lives. Stalemate is a modern day story about how opposites attract regardless of their rocky pasts and present situations.“
- Starstruck – Book Four (The Starstruck Series) by Gemma Brooks <— conclusion to the series!
- Unabridged by Melinda De Ross
- Playing With Dynamite by Monica Alexander
- Bound to Accept by Nenia Campbell
- The Kitchen When It Sizzles by Chrissie Peria
- Fate’s Mistake (Los Rancheros) by Brandace Morrow <— Oh wow… “He was the perfect gentleman, and my parents adored him. In time, I learned to adore him too. I married him. He was my forever. Until the day he hit me. Five years went by with the speed of a ticking clock, counting down my life one painful second at a time. Until Danny. Danny saw me. Danny was my hero. Danny was the one I was supposed to be with…“
- The Last Thing by Briana Gaitan <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!
- Dream Date by Ivan Kendrick <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT (and it’s one guy in love with two different girls…) “Their attraction was so strong that Kayla decided to enroll at his school. Now the two have become inseparable…but only one thing can end their relationship.
What Nathan least expects is to be reunited with the gorgeous 19-year-old Amanda Tilley. Upon seeing her again, Nathan realizes that there was no way he could desire another woman after all. Unfortunately, Amanda is still as unreachable as ever. Nathan’s never met a woman he desired more, making him torn between his loyalty to Kayla and the true love he can no longer ignore.”
- Your Little Secret by Bethan Cooper and Kirsty-Anne Still <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT: Part 1 in the series “Between her boyfriend, Connor, and her best friend, Ethan, she thought she had the perfect life and the perfect future only a heartbeat away. That is until abandonment and need begin to overwhelm her. When Connor takes a job in London, Amber finds herself slipping at his lack of contact and the uneasy feeling that he’s hiding more from her than he says. With the help of Ethan she not only finds herself, but finds the flame she has always held for her best friend coming to life…“
- Forever Kinda Love by Clara Stone <— BEST FRIENDS (and more?) ALERT!
- Guarded Hearts by L.A. CORVILL
- Blood Secrets: Fallen Motorcycle Club by Lorelei Woods <— BIKER ALERT! “When Emily is held hostage in the desert, she’s sure her life is done. Finished. After years of battling her demons, she’s never going to get the chance to be free. Then she hears the rumble of a Harley cutting through the dunes and sees a glimmer of hope in the leather-clad biker who insists that her kidnapper hand her over…“
- Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC Book 1) by Amanda Heath <— BIKER ALERT “Victor I’ve known all my life. When his parents died he even came to live with my family and I. I was so in love with him. It wasn’t until years into our relationship I started to see the faults in him. Then he went off to Iraq. Damien was the bad boy biker at our high school. Even while I was with Victor, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of him. Then I got on the back of his bike and I thought I finally found my home. Then Victor came back wounded…“
- Rock Heart (The Vegas Aces Series Book 2) by K Webster <— ROCK STAR ALERT! (and what I think is a love triangle): “Chaz Montgomery has it all—fame, fortune, the best band mates a guy could ask for, as well as Neve. He loves his fiancée of three years, but something’s missing. It isn’t until he witnesses firsthand the epic, whirlwind romance that his best friend Bobby shares with his girl June that he realizes what he and Neve have is broken.“
- Wild Temptation (Wild, #1) by Emma Hart <— Ohhh romantically-angsty sounding! “The moment he, Tyler Stone, walked into my best friend’s apartment, I knew that curveball was heading straight for my gut… He’s a sex addict. I’m a love addict.”
- Shark Fin Soup by Susan Klaus
- Last Resort (Desire Resort Book 1) by Kate Roth
- Lifestyles of the Rich and (In)Famous by Tierney Fowler
- Long Way Home (A Hanover Brothers Novel) by HelenKay Dimon
- Meadow Taylor Two-Book Bundle (plus bonus short story): The Billionaire’s Secrets, Falling for Rain, and Christmas in Venice: A Short Story by Meadow Taylor
- Mercy’s Fight (Set Apart series) by T. L. Gray <— He’s had a hard life, and she’s been raised in luxury…
- Midnight in Venice by Meadow Taylor
- Never Been Kissed (Second Chances) by Mari Carr
- Nina’s Dom (Dommissimma Book 4) by Raven McAllan <— DOM ALERT!! “When the two meet at her friend’s hen party at Dommissimma, sparks fly. Their attraction is immediate and explosive, but how can Nina ever allow herself to enter into a relationship with a Dom?“
- The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Sykes <— Oh oh. That [email protected]!!! “Newly married Sylvie Mortimer has found bliss with her Divine New Husband, Hunter. But her perfect Town & Country life is about to be rocked by a divine and dangerous predator—her new friend, the very rich, very young, very thin, very pretty, and very divorced Lauren Blount…“
- Enlisting Her Heart (Breaking Protocol Book 4) by Willow Brooke
- Exchange of Fire (An SBG Novel) by P. A. DePaul <— She’s a sniper/assassin for hire and he’s a former Marine…
- Fatal Hearts by Norah Wilson
- Home to Chicory Lane: A Chicory Inn Novel | Book 1 by Deborah Raney
- 42 Hours (Time for Love Book 3) by Bethany Lopez <— “Gaby is in a good place in her life. She loves her job, has the best friends and family a girl could ask for, and is dating a sweet and sexy guy, but she’s never stopped thinking about that night with Scott…”
- Adultery: A novel by Paulo Coelho <— “A woman in her thirties begins to question the routine and predictability of her days. In everybody’s eyes, she has a perfect life: happy marriage, children, and a career. Yet what she feels is an enormous apathy. All that changes when she encounters a successful politician who had, years earlier, been her high school boyfriend…“
- The Art of Appreciation by Autumn Markus <— BIKER RACER ALERT!
- Caught! (The Shamwell Tales) by JL Merrow
- The Cocktail Club: A Novel by Pat Tucker <— “When cocktails once a week isn’t enough, three friends form the Cocktail Club—but what begins as social drinking quickly morphs into something far more sinister…” WHOA! This one sounds crazy… three different lives of friends who are drinking too much. For example, this one: “A stay-at-home mom, Darby Jaxon is fed up with her life. She starts secretly drinking to get through each day and to hide her dirty little secret: the fact that she can’t stop thinking about the drunk driver who killed her sister—mainly because she’s drawn to him like a moth to a flame…“
- Beat to Their Heart (Surviving the Dream Book 1) by Whiskey Starr <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! “Skylar Morgan is an ER nurse with responsibilities. However, one night out to see a local band places Sky on the radar of a bad boy and she isn’t sure if she can handle him. Several months go by with no contact, and she is comfortably back to her everyday routine, until the ER doors open and in walks a man that has starred in her dreams for months, turning her life upside down.“
- Corporate Affair (The Small Town Girl series) by Linda Cunningham
- Thin Love by Eden Butler <— thank you Lori, for this heads-up!! Sounds AngstY!! “…sixteen years later, Keira returns home to bury the mother who betrayed her, just as Kona tries to hold onto what remains of his NFL career with the New Orleans Steamers. Across the crowded bustle of a busy French Market, their paths collide, conjuring forgotten memories of a consuming touch, skin on skin, and the still smoldering fire that begs to be rekindled…“
Several releases have me wanting to one-click. Filthy Beautiful Lies, Risky Business (always love a sports star story), Shameless, The Last Thing (love an actor story), Your Little Secret (but waiting until series complete). I also had to laugh when I noticed the cover of Sleepless Nights is the same as Drive that I’m reading now. Maybe that’s a sign for what to read next…Hmmm. I’ve been trying to be good and stick to my TBR list…*stare-down with book Dom.*
Ugh. My book Dom is already upset with me. I squirelled big time on Friday with the Keatyn Chronicles recommendations, and am on book five now. Now a new Tijan, prisoners stealing people, old debts, virgin auctions, and rock stars? I’m going tone in so much trouble.
Oh, and the final Keatyn book is being released on 8 /25. (I already pre-ordered it.)
Hi Maryse! Oh My what a list…just when I thought my TBR couldn’t possible get any bigger!
Twisted Book 5 in Blood & Roses by Callie Hart released today $2.99 on Amazon.
Beast by Ella James: VERY GOOD!!! At the end of the book Ms James gives us a sneak peek at 2
Oh and the Beast WILL make you antsy for more!! I think it’s supposed to be a 4 part serial each released a week apart. Like her Red & Wolfe series, but you know they always like to give us more…..and we never complain about more!!
LOL Tessa!! And I didn’t even get into the book blurb for the one about the Bad-ass biker that saves a kidnapped girl from the opposing gang (or is it MC?)
Yessssss I wanna read that, too! And the love triangles listed today are crazy sounding!
Somebody already told me I was not allowed to squirrel. LOL!
Yes Rebecka I totally comment on that one above. Also sounds sooooooo great!
Cheryl, apparently our Book Doms are extra dommish today. 😉
Thanks for the blood and roses update, Rebecka. I’ll add it in! 😀
You *better* not squirrel from The Tied Man – Laura already warned you, and your dumplings won’t save you this time! 😉 Even *I* am managing not to squirrel from TTM with all of these new releases (how fun is this list today!), so I know all y’all can do it, too.
“Oh oh. That [email protected]!!! 8O” <—— Maryse!! LOL!! No you didn't! *cackling*
LOL!!!!!!!! I’m already furious at her!!! That is a squirreler for me right there. 😉 I love married couple issues.
BUT I’m not squirreling. In fact I just got home, ate some of my homemade delicious Chinese spaghetti and I’m settling in with my book as we speak.
So I will scream and cry in public (likely… here) when I get to those parts.
Sleepless Nights by Amanda Heath was one of the best MC books I have read. And let me tell ya, I have read a lot of MC/Biker books. I can’t get enough of those sexy alpha bikers. <3 Anyways I gave this one 5 stars.
Don’t forget “Thin Love” by Eden Butler! Love this book!! Here is the Amazon link 🙂 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MUX3UUM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1408485638&sr=8-1
Beverly – with a statement like that who can resist a peek? So I went and read the blurb at amazon…. a love triangle? an MC club? perceived bad boy versus perceived good boy hero? childhood love? guaranteed HEA, the author says? That’s my formula for exactly what I am looking for in a book!!! Now I have to add another one to my TBR list. argh….. why’d ya’ have to say that Beverly? 5 star MC books are rare…… I have lost count of how many books are on my TBR list.
LOL!!! I know, Michelle, right!?? This list is extra good! I’m telling you. I found a little hidden treasure-trove of books that have been released over the last few days that weren’t coming up on my usual search. SO many here that I wanna “taste-test”.
You guys are brave. I am not good with love triangles. I get mad and anxious just thinking of them let alone reading them. I think I have only read two that were set up in that way, or sorta that way that way, that I liked.
I feel the same way bev, but I still want to read them! So many I want right now……but back to TTM!
That looks crazy and angsty and *perfect*! The Debutante Divorcee…one-click!!! And now Sleepless Nights, too?? *dancing around*
Okay, done with my work and jumping back in. Here’s to a night of screaming and crying here together! *raises wine glass*
Come on, Michelle…you know you want to join us in reading Tied Man. *nudge nudge* You know you wanna… 😉
P.S. May I just say… For “The Tied Man” I verrrrry much got a kick out of the rock star/ plane scene. Dialogue and all… *waggles eyebrows*
Beverly A, I just 1-clicked Sleepless Nights….could not resist! Thanks!
Lol Maryse…..I loved that scene too….. seemed very”doable”…haha!
I do, I do Amy… but Carnage 2 is doing it for me…. it’s just getting really good…. I forgot how much I liked Cam….. and he keeps calling her kitten and she’s calling him tiger, and her three brothers are mucking it all up again….and her friends are talking about how “big” he is (he’s 6’5″ and now we find out 9 1/2 inches!!!) this may be too good to abandon. He’s getting all alpha on her. Did you all read Carnage #1?
I never read Carnage. I know it got great reviews from you all and Maryse but…….. I remember from review that I didn’t think I’d want to spend that much time with the heroine. I think Maryse and all of you maybe more understanding than I am. But one h that I really liked and totally got where she was ccoming from was Abbey from .BD. I know she isn’t always as well liked.
Didn’t see it on the list but “Finn” by M Malone was just released!
Hrmmmm I liked it, because of the shock value, and such but I had personal issues with the writing, and the characters ages and dialogue. I dunno. LOL! I’ll pull up my old review and see what I said. 😉
Okay so even though “The Tied Man” is a touch of a slow start for me, it’s so well-written, that I’m into it! I’m so curious as to how they’re gonna get out of this crazy mess. And for some reason I’m seeing Jamie and Claire (from Outlander on TV) as the characters in this one. Must be ’cause Finn’s Irish. 😉 LOL!!
Also I just looked at pictures of Outlander so how those faces are in my head. And it works!
Maryse your blurb and this list has my head spinning. So much potential!
Haha, I also made a comment about the plane scene in the discussion thread.
I’m afraid I’m going to be woefully behind reading TTM since my time is so limited this week. 🙁 oh well, at least when I scream y’all will have already moved past that part and I’ll be in no danger of spilling a spoiler.
Love the new Starz Outlander series! Jamie is a doll. Even better than in the book.
Yes, Maryse, you are right about the writing style being an issue. She’s obviously a Brit, and the dialogue is written in a British Slang. There is even a glossary of terms at the beginning, which doesn’t work for Kindle (not easy to flip back and forth). There is that much slang in it! I probably would have abandoned it too if it wasn’t for the fact that I demand a HEA for the heroine after what happened in book one. I also happen to really like Cam (Mr TDH). But it’s a 3.5 star for me… not a re-read… I just need to finish it already. As far as the age thing goes, they are now 32 and 42, so she is finally at an age where I can like the character better. She was way too young in the first book!
The guy’s name is Finn and he’s irish and he makes you think of the guy that’s playing Jamie on Outlander? That is just so not fair!!!! I should have gone all in with you. Dang it.
Michelle you should join in. I’m probably only going to get to around 25% tonight.
It is well written. I have had to use the kindle dictionary a couple times for slang and for the art. I’m really warming up to Lillith now. Hard time with her name though because of True Blood.
Michelle jump in while we have a support group. I’m barely at the beginning due to lack of free y time right now.
Personally, I love the English slang dialogue. I’m familiar with it only because of our wonderful WWW. What a treat to be able to understand it without ever having traveled to the UK myself.
Learning a foreign language isn’t that hard but picking up the slang without living in the country was impossible before the advent of social media and online societies, games, etc.
I like it too. I always enjoy books set outside the states and especially if the author is from that area. The one that cracks me up is KA. You can totally tell she lived in England by the slang some of her characters use. I think I probably looked at her bio expecting her to be British.
This one is especially slang heavy with sayings I have NEVER heard before! And she calls girls “birds” throughout the whole book. It’s a bit distracting. I usually don’t mind it.
Now I have Norwegian Wood in my head.
” And when I awoke I was alone this bird had flown.” Love that song. Thought it was mostly men who used the term for some reason.
And now dinner and more Britain. My library book is set in London and will probably have Sherlock on in background.
O.M.G. Bev said “wood” and “head” in the same sentence. Norwegian Wood *in* her head. Is he a hot Norwegian?? LOL!!!!!
Let’s ask Jean if that’s “doable!” *snicker*
Oh wait…might be kind of hard if it’s 9-1/2″, right Michelle? 😛
*crickets* Yeah, okay…I’ll just see myself out now…
I missed the discussion on books that make you cry. Now I’m curious about the Tied Man, especially since you compared it to Outlander. Love that series and am enjoying the TV series too!!
Maybe I’ll be brave and read it now with you so I have some “support.”
Beverly A- wow Sleepless Nights sounds really good!! Does it have a cliffhanger? Notice it says book 1.
Umm Cheryl, I don’t think the comparison was between Outlander and TTM. Not much those two have in common. I think the reference was to the “appearance” of the two characters. Like, how they might look similar if they were real.
Amy, Amy, Amy The fab four are sacrosanct, my friend.
The other day when replying to Fabi about 600 page books I was wondering how to use descriptive words without someone, not naming names, picking up on them, lol.
Cheryl you should join in. I’m stopped at 26% tonight.
My TTM book disappeared from my phone’s kindle app and when I try to redownload it Amazon says I already have it. 🙁 hate late night issues. Maybe I’ll try my iPad to see if it’s there
MichelleS why did you have to dangle 9 1\2 inches in front of me when I’m only 25% into TTM? I have to leave for the office now!!!;((
Can I just interject here and say quite frankly I think y’all are crazy. In a good way of course. But honestly, if I saw 9 1/2 inches I’d run screaming in the other direction. More proof I’m a total wuss. Ha!
Linda – 9 1/2 inches of yumminess is in Carnage #2, not TTM…. not saying he isn’t, I wouldn’t know….. YET….. no one has said yet that they love it, just that they need a support group to read it…. so I guess when I get home this evening I will abandon yet ANOTHER book to start TTM (don’t worry Tiger, I’ll be back to see if your kitten lets you do what you want with that beast, because right now she is saying, “oh I don’t think so”…. and I am getting an happily-ever-after out of that author if it kills me).
Ok stopped at chapter 12 until home tonight. Until now have felt disconnected. Some hard things going on but I felt removed from it. But now I’m feeling it. This chapter has me anxious and I’m not sure want to read it.
Bev, I felt that disconnection at first too. I am at 43% now but had to go to work. What I am struggling with is Lilith’s strength. How has she not broken down by now….no tears, no freakouts?!??! I know I would be a total mental case if I were in her shoes.
Jean that maybe what it is. Lillith is able to observe and stay strong. She isn’t really letting us in about D either so maybe I’d be feeling more anxious otherwise. Didn’t think about that being the reason.
Oh… RE: The Tied Man… The people are so horrible. Wretched! Horrific, depraved, indulgent psychos! Gross.
(Not all, mind you. 3 make me want to cry for them)
I’m at 50%
Oh and the author’s ability to describe the scenes. Amazing. Like the sounds that nasty gross freak was making while eating. The snuffling sounds of a rooting truffle-pig. Ugh. Perfectly described though. I can see each of these gluttonous nasties perfectly, and every scene is laid out clearly (and not irritatingly so). The only thing that irritates is this horrible predicament they’re in.
Gah! Seriously u guys. I’ve been sufficiently warned about its darkness, and OMG it’s dark. But I’m dying for relief and it’s so well-written that I can’t stop. In the process, I’m also scared, disgusted, and so sad… And at times I feel like I just can’t anymore.
And as much as I like horror movies, I don’t watch (or at least not anymore) “torture flicks” ’cause it’s just too much for me to see that kind of depravity. And now I feel like I’m IN one…
Yet, this feels like a BIG story. Not just gratuitous “torture” fluff.
Nope. I’m done. I can’t anymore. 53% and I’m out.
Brilliantly written, this author is amazing. I just can’t.
Uh-oh. I’m slightly scared to start chapter 12 . And it goes that much darker? Hmmm.
Oh no Maryse!!!! I am at 45% and going back to it now on my lunch break. I’m sooooo scared!
GAH! I know. I literally closed it down… started marching through the house saying. Nope Noooooppppe. Nope. I can’t do anymore.
Husband says …”just finish it…” ’cause I told him how “good it was” and I’m all… YOU FINISH IT!
And now… i’m tempted to pick it back up but I just… GAH!!!!
So, if I finish it I need to have a light read handy. Maybe a re read of Lady be Good by SEP. Hazy on the details but like I mentioned when I was writing about it I found myself smiling and hugging myself. May need a smile and a hug after this.
I think right after this I’m going back to my current TBR list and reading “The Rosie Project” or something light, like that. I hear that one is awesome.
Oh wait. That’s assuming I’m picking this back up to finish it. Right. 😐
You have Darynda Jones book on that list, I think. That would probably work too. Have Rosie Project on my kindle looks so good.
I’m wondering if Amy has strangled her stuffed-Manatee yet (over-squishing it in cuddles) while reading this…
Aw, f%&$ing hell…
I’m gonna toss my cookies. And cry. And use some mind bleach.
Manatee snuggles for anyone who needs it…
Look familiar, Maryse?
GAHHHHHHHH!! *pulling hair*
That was me!!! Marching around the house….
Knew it! That’s the first thing I thought of when you said you were marching through the house saying “nope!”
I have to take a break. I’m not picking TTM back up until tonight when I can down a shot first. This one is just…just…ugh…I don’t think even Her Master’s Courtesan disturbed me this much. Maybe it did and I just don’t remember.
If you need me, I’ll be rocking in the corner and squeezing my sweet faithful manatee… 😉
I’ll be draped around your ankle… catatonically.
Actually, the author saw my panic on Facebook and posted:
“Breathe, grab a blankie and a large gin, and know that at about 76% you’ll have made it through…”
So… take that for what you will. 😉
Ok I am trying to stay calm…but I feel like I need to finish it. I was just thinking I will need a lighter read when I’m done this one too. I have The Rosie Project downloaded too or maybe a KA book….. The author’s comment makes me feel a little better
Amy, that gif was great!
Maryse, if it wasn’t for that author comment you posted I would have given up before I even got to the parts y’all are screaming about. Guess I’ll practice my Lamaze breathing techniques before I pick it back up tonight. I actually think I’m lucky now that I only have time to read it in small doses.
I got by the bad part… YES yessssss I picked it up again. I couldn’t help it.
And now I’m in a VERY good part. I’m scared!!! But it’s good.
*giggle* I love the “nope octopus.”
Oh man, the author knows just what to say, right? Tempting me with thoughts of blanket caves and liquor…
I’m flip-flopping (again) with that bit of hope from her. I’m finished with my work for the day, so here goes with TTM again.
*pulling Maryse from my ankle and into the blanket cave*
Are you joining us, Jean? 😉
*Maryse scrambling to re-latch onto Amy’s ankle… being dragged into the blankie cave*
Don’t leeeeaaaaave meeeeeeee!!!!!
Yay Maryse….so proud of you! And Amy’s not even sharing her manatee!
LOL!!! You’re so freaked out you didn’t realize I was pulling you *into* the blankie cave with me!!
*reaching out of blankie cave for Jean*
Oh, believe me, Jean…the manatee is in the cave with us. 😉
Stick with TTM – loved the book even though it puts you through the wringer! I would also recommend the Carnage books but being British I got all the slang! Just started Sleepless Nights and one clicked far too many!! I promised myself I would not look at the bargains/releases this week – oh well what the other half doesn’t know won’t hurt him!! Kindle is brilliant for private book buying! No evidence!
Ok I’ve started TTM. *Reaching hand out to Amy…don’t let go…dragging blankie and drink with me
Here I come (no comments please Amy)! Seriously you guys crack me up!
Paula are the Carnage books like TTM?
Have y’all been able to get to the discussion thread for TTM?
No Fabi – they are love and angsty not dark at all. Plus both are out which is great!
OMG!!!! Am I starting it or not? Maryse (who loved Captive in the Dark and Mud Vein) walked away because it was getting too dark? Do I spend the 3.99 and try to catch up to all of you or not? I don’t want disturbing just to be disturbing! There has to be a purpose.
And as far as a light read after this….. YES YES YES…. go with Rosie Project. I know I have steered you wrong (maybe not wrong, but not as right as you thought?)…. in the past (with Dair and Ryder), but I just know you’ll fall in love with Don Tillman and Rosie…. hey, it has over 3000 5-star reviews, so it’s not just me!!! Smart and funny and a great unconventional love story.
Now…. go to the dark side or not? You guys are ooh-ing and ah-ing but not saying if it’s worth it for others!!!
There’s a discussion thread for TTM? I know in past I have not been able to get into any discussion thread.
There’s a purpose. It’s just hard to see the light through the tunnel of very verrrrrrrry dark. I’m 60-something percent in and will be picking it back up tonight. Let’s just say I’m glad I took my break, I needed it. But I’m even happier to be back in again…
Yes, Cheryl. I posted a link to it above.
Michelle, personally, I think it’s worth it. I’m only at 25%. I am glad that I’m not reading it alone. It’s one that just MAKES you want to vent, call your friends, and like Amy and Michelle, hide under a blankie. I would recommend it (as a dark read) because the author is extremely talented. Not to be missed.
Ya know Jean, if TTM didn’t have me as freaked out and dry as the Sahara then I would have plenty to say to that comment…you caught me at a rare retortless moment! 😛
Michelle, I’m not finished with TTM yet but I say join us! *sticking ankle out of blankie cave* Maryse is still clinging to the other ankle, and I just pulled Jean and Cheryl in here with us, LOL!! Seriously though, I say read it but have something light and sweet ready for right after. 😉
Oh! Fabi is in the cave, too! 😀
*raises eyebrows* can I just say I told u all so!!! I’m doing this ttm torture for the second time! I’m Scottish btw so if any slang problems just let me know I can learn u all new bad words *giggles*
Ok I’m coming to the cave with tissues and vodka u will all need both!! Any other requests?
I am at 67% with tears in my eyes……”My pulse”…. you guys will know what I mean when you get to it!!! I can’t put this book down now!!!!
Jean have u done the worse bit yet?! I don’t think they bit at 50% is my worse bit if u have past it u will know what I mean * hugs*
28% and hiding in the darkest tiniest corner of Amy’s blankie cave cause I KNOW it’s gonna get worser and worser and my tummy is gonna hate me.
Ooohhh I have some wine left. Maybe I should drink before starting back up tonight. No, wait, that will make me even more emotional. Nix that.
Okay I’m home and back to reading!! 😀
Oh ok I’m sorry to do this but u aren’t all there yet but please please don’t totally freak out at chapter 23 I have to warn u this is the reason I put it in the freezer chapter 23 is the reason I recommended it for the horrible crying list because it’s just so so horrific and I know the bit maryse has just past was bad but please don’t hate me for recommending this when u get to chapter 23 🙁
P.S. Laura – 53% had me quitting, done and out.
But I’m back. 😉
Oh stick with it it’s worth it and that’s what makes it so good because u really go through the horror of it but it’s so traumatising I’m not going to lie 🙁 ps don’t hate me
I can’t do this again chapter 23 is making me cry again and I’m not even on it yet but I just don’t think I can do it but I will support u all through it. . . . Ehem carry on
Wow you guys sprinted ahead. 75% and home free? That is still a lot of terrain to traverse.
Oh my…75%…*sob* I’m clinging to the author’s comment about the 76% point ’cause what the actual f&$k!!!!
I’ll take that wine off your hands, Fabi.
Laura, Laura! LAURA, Lauraaaa, you of all people cannot abandon ship. No, nope, no siree. C’on ladies drag Laura back and pin her down. Spook not fair for you to quit. You’re the only one who knows without a doubt it gets better and is worth the pain.
Gotta figure out how to turn auto correct off. I can make my own mistakes just fine thankyouverymuch
Guys I’m at 23% in getting ready to start chapter 10 and I’m really struggling. It’s really dragging for me and knowing that it’s getting closer to really really bad stuff idk??
The discussion between Lillith and Henry in chapter 14? Do NOT like knowing that. Hope that changes positively and quickly.
That was disturbing.
I kind of wish L, F, &, H would go all Charlie’s Angels on B.
I haven’t gotten as far as some of you but it’s still hard to deal with some of these scenes. In the kitchen with Coyle and Flinn when Coyle brought him the little bag…gah heartbreaking. Then! Every time! Blaine shows up for any reason at all I just want to get sick or hurt her or something.
Yep. I’m feeling sick again…
*passes stuffed manatee to Maryse*
*Snuffles into the already damp manatee*
He’s so squishy.
I’m so devastated….
I’m so scared.
Went for it (Tied Man). Well, I made it to 38%. Crap. It’s getting a bit too sick for me…. What Henry just told Lilith was going on at the brothel…. can’t go there…. not my cup of tea. I am going to continue….. but…. jeez…. it’s bad. And I don’t even know who to really, really like, you know? He is so tragic, so I guess I’ll go with Finn…. but you know she’s got her own awful history… so I’ll go with her. And I am still stuck on why she would take so long to do the painting? I’d have hurried that job along! To heck with her normal routine. And I’m not buying what Blaine is holding over her head…. because I see so many ways around that. But I’ll keep on going with it.
“He’s so squishy.” That was hilarious.
Maryse I thought you were in the home stretch. That you got to the light.
I am… Now. 😉
And…. I don’t see the guy who is playing Jamie on Outlander on Starz at all when I picture Finn… I picture Travis Fimmel….. (when he was Calvin Klein model, not when he is in Vikings)….
*hee hee* Sorry, I thought he was dry before handing him over.
Keep with it, Michelle!!!
Oh no no no no. I’m at 52% and the Romans just told Finn their plan. Do not want to turn the page. Not sure any HEA will make up for this.
I may have to stop coming to see your comments cause this May be the slowest I’ve ever read book. These 2-3 weeks of the year for me are almost 0 free time. I don’t usually read during this time. But couldn’t pass this up. Only a bit more reading for me tonight. I’m only at the 30 something %
Omg Michelle yes Travis is the perfect Finn !!!
This book is making me suspicious of everyone. I’m side eyeing ladies with Labrador sweaters.
And thank you Lillith for not financing a cat shelter. It is on this happy note I think I’ll leave the three until tomorrow.
I just started Shameless and realized that there’s a character with your name in it : “But it’s just Maryse, another girl from the club”.
I didn’t know if you knew…
I am at 80% of TTM and this book is breaking me…….
77% and I’ll finish. But maybe too much for me.
Not as far along in TTM and scared. I have all the tough devastating “stuff” to get thru. I don’t mind a soggy manatee… tell me again why we do this to ourselves…
I had no idea, Thais! LOL!! Well… that makes me giggle!
I don’t know why we do this to ourselves! Whose idea was it to read this one anyway? Need to finish…. trying to read at my desk!
Rosie Project next or I might go back to the Reed Brothers!
Cheryl… because we are book-masochists. 😉
MichelleS! That is a great representation of Finn….love it!
Not finding any humor here guys!! I am reading at a snails pace!! I literally read about 2sections and then I have to put it down and find a distraction. I feel like a child with my pouty face saying “I don’t wike it!!!” I want to protect Finn and I’m barely 30% in!!! I suck at this!!! I think I’ll go iron or clean a toilet or something!!! Ugh;(((
Saw this and thought it could be the song for TTM. Title alone fits: Get Hurt. *sniffle, sniffle
Linda, me too! Little pieces at a time cause it’s so overwhelming. I snuck in some reading at work yesterday but not doing it today cause I have the Roman scene coming up and someone said it’s a brutal one. May wait till I’m snug in bed tonight before tackling that one.
I am so not taking the blame for this!!! It’s one of those books that I can’t handle when reading and hate then when it’s done ur like that was amazing!!
@ Laura some how I think this all originated with you and Fabi.;-)
Fabi read that scene with your hands over your eyes.
I’m debating Room for More, Lady be Good, or Rosie Project as my next read.
“Whose idea was it to read this one anyway?” <———- *snort*
*looking innocent* Yeah, whose idea was it?
Um, snuggle anyone? *sheepishly holding out stuffed manatee*
Amy it was you? I was so blaming Fabi and Laura for this, and well me for following them.
Ok, note to self, ‘Disregard Amy’s reading suggestions.”
Should be finished tonight. I thought it was a stand alone but then saw mention of a sequel.
Me? Uh uh, no way. I wasn’t even on the bandwagon until Danielle’s post. I seldom read dark, barely even read angsty, I’m one of those let’s all be happy types. 😉
A sequel?!!! Nooooo
And Laura was the one who warned us….remember the freezer?
“…when it’s done ur like that was amazing!!”
and that comment is why I’m determined to finish it
Ditto Fabi!!!! I am almost done and starting to see the light! Wow, this was a rough one though….. it obviously had us all FEELING lots of emotions and isn’t that what we wanted?!??
There is a 2nd book, but author said it is standalone, no cliffhangers to TTM, and not out yet!
Oh good. I’m not sure what I would of done if I ended on a cliffhanger.
I do not know why I sometimes dive into the dark and angsty as I usually end up across the room from the book glaring at it over my shoulder.
*nodding quickly* Yeah, it was Laura who started this! *snicker* 😛
Ok ok I recommended it ok! But but I’m pretty sure after that Amy said I wanna read it, yeah that’s right any u can be banished with me but we can drink tequila together!!! 😉
Amy not any see tequila already lol
Yeah!!!! Shots!!! It’s 5 o’clock where you’re at, right Laura? Hell, it is somewhere!! 😀
*snicker* I think Laura has already been hitting the tequila. 😛
“I usually end up across the room from the book glaring at it over my shoulder.”
I can honestly say I never had reactions like that to books UNTIL I joined Maryse’s book blog.
Lunchtime read time. Hope I can make it back to work afterwards. I think I have a heavy scene coming up.
Oh it’s 8 pm Amy that happy hour!! But if it’s happy hour no way can u read TTM just now 🙁
I think I need a shot (or 3) for when I write the review tonight. Is it 5 o’clock yet? 😉
Ugh…I was wondering how you were going to write a review for this one!! Good luck!
So are we starting The Rosie Project now? Anyone??
Oh and Vi Keeland’s Worth Forgiving came out today….. 3rd of the series which I love!!!!!!!!
I couldn’t stop reading and am now way late back from lunch. I’m at 59% and just past the surgery scene. Please tell me I’m on the downhill slope now from this gut wrenching read.
The author said this regarding Unbound (The Tied Man book #2):
There will be a second book, but it isn’t a sequel, in that there’s no cliffhanger in ‘The Tied Man #1’, or need to buy a second book. The first book can be read as a stand alone.
Author Tabitha McGowan:
‘Towards the end of the writing process I realised I couldn’t write a simple epilogue to TTM, and I really felt there was a second story with the same protagonists, but a whole new plot. There will be two major locations – Spain, and Dublin – and an introduction to Finn’s wider family, and also the horror that is the O’Halloran clan!
I really wanted to let Finn and Lilith grow and heal and discover, and learn to deal with the demons that they both still have.
Ultimately I love writing for both Finn and Lilith, and I wasn’t quite ready to let the pair of them go *just* yet!’
No word on when book 2 will be released. There is a sneak peek of chapter one on: https://totallybookedblog.com/2013/05/.
Also on author’s facebook page she has been offering snippets as she’s writing.
I am SO bookmarking this site:
There ya go! Down those shots and write that review! LOL!!
And Jean, I’m thinking The Rosie Project sounds perfect right now. 😉
Friggin chapter 23 turning us into alcoholics!!!
It’s a good thing I have already read The Rosie Project, because you are all finished and I am only at 38%. I guess I need lots of alcohol for the upcoming chapters. I hope to finish tonight.
I hope you do choose to read Rosie after this. It’s the perfect time for a book like that… funny and smart. I bet you won’t be able to NOT quote something funny that he said or did to whoever is around while you read it. If you liked Puddle Jumping, then you’ll love Rosie Project… because it is the grown up, adult, very witty version.
Well…. I’m off…. Finn, here I come (hush Amy!….. you know, speaking of…. this book is definitely not making my panties damp…. yet? It’s not one of those, I guess. And it usually doesn’t take too much: After Hours made me squirmy when they were just in the same room together….. TMI?) Over and out….
Aw, come on! Why you guys keep fun-blocking me before I even get a chance to comment?? 😛
Yep, TTM turned us into “dry” drunks. *snicker* I’m so ready for something steamy, funny or both. Rosie is looking pretty good for tonight! 🙂
Agree – y’all stop blocking Amy – you’re ruining my comedic relief for the day. 🙂
“Dry” drunks!!! Hahaha! MichelleS, it’s definitely not one of those reads!
And yes I definitely look forward to Amy’s comedic relief everyday!
Starting Rosie tonight……
Yeh Amy!!!! Back to the pain…
Ahhh…you guys made my day. 🙂
I really do luffs you all! 😀
kzzzzz to you too Amy …… and I scroll down really fast to see what you may have added to the thread – so I LOVE your fodder…. keep em coming…
I got to chapter 20 – life is getting in the way of me finishing – so are you all moving onto Rosie?
I forgot to add….. all of his smoking is making me want to go get a pack just for solidarity or something. I can just smell it and feel it like it’s right next to me. Weird little tid-bit from the book, I know…. but, alas, I guess I’ll just stick to salami or Nutella or something. I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of nutella to finish this one (nutella on toast? nutella on bananas? nutella in a smoothie?)
@ 60% and finally tucked in to read a bit again
So glad we have characters like the cop, doc and hosp aide. Helps to see good people in such a dark story. Maybe the author only meant them as contrast but for me it makes the book more readable to remember while immersed in a dark story that there are good people in the world
Finished TTM. Whew.
I just clicked on Michelle’s link. I can’t believe how different .TF looks. I got to say I prefer his viking look.
Bev – I like his Viking look too – but his young Calvin Klein model days is what I picture for Finn… and then last night he is even described in the book as looking like a Calvin Klein model when she first found him…. which made me laugh since I had posted that pic! (He is also the guy I picture for Rammel Hawking…my “elf” dream-boat from Order of the Black Swan).
Michelle yes that pic was spot on. Don’t know how you ladies find these models/actors to fit the characters so well.
Went to work a bit late this morning cause I had to get through some awful scenes in TTM. I’m at 77% now. I thought it was supposed to lighten up by that point.
This has been so difficult to read. But the author’s talent and you ladies empathizing has kept me in the book.
Home stretch now.
I was thinking the same thing. ” Umm I’m past the 75% mark where is the sunshine”. I’m not really sure how I felt about it.
Still venting because you know, I can’t believe this monster is a mother
Bev you sound like you’re reeling after finishing it. That is so not a good sign for me. I swear if it doesn’t give me an HEA, the author is going to receive some hate mail.
Aw Michelle…kzzzzzz right back to you! 😀 Y’all are gonna make me cry…
Stick with TTM, ladies!! You’ve made it this far…you gotta see it through!
Taking a mental break, found a sports romance novella, Lucky Charm. Reading this to “cleanse” my brain then back to TTM till the end.
Over 80% now. Reading at work and just want to finish it without giving it up. Then I want to get on with my life and pretend I never read such filth. 75% my a$$.
Is Maryse going to review this one?
I didn’t feel like it lightened up at 75% either Fabi but like you felt I had to finish it and move on! Reading The Rosie Project now which is way different and the guy reminds me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!! Lol! Funny stuff!
“75% my a$$” Tears in my eyes that made me laugh.
Delving into my library pile right now. From my digital library not sure. I have the Rosie Project, but think might wait on that.
*giggle* I must have really built up a tolerance to the dark stuff ’cause I liked it. Yeah, it was a rough read but I was happy with the…payoff, I guess you could say? 😉 I read the first chapter of the second book online, and I’m not sure if I’ll read the sequel but it was a nice followup!
I ended up liking it a lot. Kind of an abrupt ending mind you, but worth getting passed that 50% dark-torture. And the 70-something% dark-torture… GAH I couldn’t believe I was heading in to that again…
For me I think some aspects went on for to long. And the ending in relation to that was for me to abrupt. I know we say it is a dark book but I do think there should be a trigger warning.
Right?!? *sob* Oh, sweet Finn… I haven’t been that pissed at secondary characters since Therapy! Seriously, that first chapter of book 2 helped a lot since there was no epilogue. 😉
Oh, Bev…read Her Master’s Courtesan and you will see why this wasn’t so bad… I still get knotted up over HMC. *shudder*
Okay, so…I’m just gonna say that TTM was a 4 to 4.5 star read for me. The writing style took some getting used to and the first half was a bit slow, but after that it was a fun ride…even if it was painful at times. All in all I think she balanced things VERY well. Don’t tell me y’all didn’t love the group manatee snuggle in the blankie cave!!
But y’all know how I am, so take it for what it’s worth… 😉
I loved our blankie-cave huddle!! That was one book where I sure as heck needed it! And your ankle. And your soggy manatee. 😛
I agree Amy – loved the writing style, but it was a little slow in the beginning. And thought the ending to TTM was abrupt also. Maybe I will check out the 1st chapter of 2nd book….
Fabi, I haven’t read Lover at Last yet… I am up to Lover Avenged in the series? Keep going back to them in between other books. I haven’t read Try and Take yet or any M/M book but they are high on my lists!!!!!
Her Master’s Courtesan…. downloaded it the day it came out and haven’t read it yet….. I’m scared!!!!
Oh, you should be scared, Jean. I’m sure there are darker reads out there, but for *me* that one was just traumatizing.
I’ll be waiting with my stuffed manatee when you start that one. 😉
Lol, I loved it too! I will have to wait a while before tackling HMC!
Oh Jean. Ok…read them in order even though they are stand alones because there major buildup over several books up to Lover at Last.
Maybe by the next time I post I’ll have finally finished TTM. Didn’t even work today (yet) cause I have to get this book finished and out of my head. The ending must be abrupt indeed since I’m well into the 80s % and I’m still wanting to puke.
LOL!!! Didn’t need my ankle anyways. 😉 I’m going to give my manatee a break (and let him dry out – poor little soggy guy!) and try something lighter. Like The Rosie Project. Maybe. If I don’t get fickle. Again. Oh hell, I might just close my eyes and point tonight. *giggle*
Finally finished. At 99% there were still horrible things happening. It is really hard for me to rate good books that I hate. It really has only happened to me twice in my life. (both within the last few months).
Of course, there have been books I couldn’t finish occassionally either because they were poorly written or the theme didn’t hold my attention long enought to finish reading the story.
However, with Rainfall and with The Tied Man I now have to make a brand new list and call it something like Best Books I Hate. I can’t give them 5 stars because I hated the story but I can’t give the brilliant authors anything less than 4 stars for their amazing g talent and development of unique stories.
Wow Fabi! So well said:
“I now have to make a brand new list and call it something like Best Books I Hate. I can’t give them 5 stars because I hated the story but I can’t give the brilliant authors anything less than 4 stars for their amazing talent and development of unique stories.”
Oh thank god it’s over!!! Do u all want to watch Care Bears or something now? We can bring the blankie and the tequila!
EXACTLY Fabi!!! I couldn’t have truly hated it if I finished it, right? Yet…. I did. I needed so much more at the end. I needed someone to slap the ever living life out of Blaine – or let her whole house burn with her in it. Having homicidal thoughts can’t possibly be good for me. I don’t want to feel like this after I read a book. I’m not sure when I would ever be in the mood for that kind of thing. My husband asked what I was reading and I literally could not tell him what was going on. Thank god it’s over.
Now…. moving on…. I already read Rosie, so what will it be for me? I downloaded samples for a bunch of previously mentioned books, so I am sampling this morning over much needed post-TTM coffee to decide my weekend read. Wish me luck.
And who said it lightened up after 75%?? I was reading past midnight waiting for the tapering off of horrors and it just never ended. Up until the very end. The amount of trauma suffered by them, particularly Finn, would surely break him for life. I don’t plan on reading book #2, but I would hope the author wouldn’t sugar coat or speed up his recovery from the hel* he went through for what, 4 years? I know now for sure that an utterly beautiful broken man is NOT the male lead I want in my books. I liked the author’s style and the ease of her writing, but if her themes are this dark, not sure I’ll revisit her books. I little bit broken I can handle. I’m a wuss, I guess. Who knew?
Maryse, what are you reading this weekend? Just curious…..
*sigh* I dunno yet… so many choices. I had to take a whole day off to get over “The Tied Man” so I’m a bit behind… GAH! And I still have to put up that review. It was just so rough on me. LOL!
So what are you guys reading this weekend? Maybe that’ll spark me into action…
I don’t know. I am so squirrelly today and it’s raining here so perfect day for a book! I needed a day’s break after TTM too! I went into my Kindle to see the oldest book downloaded and they were On Every Street and Sins and Needles, downloaded back in May of 2013 and I noticed them on a lot of people lists……
@ Jean I still have to finish that series, but…….Camden. Still one of the best inspiration photos .for a character, lol. I also just like the covers.
I think if I went back to first download it would be The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which I still haven’t read.
Michelle, the first chapter of book 2 *does* give a peek at how far he still has to go in terms of recovery. I’m probably not going to read book 2 simply because I prefer to leave them on a happy note, but it was nice to read that chapter in lieu of an epilogue. 😉
Ooh! I have Sins & Needles! I was going to go with a baseball-themed book last night, but then I was reminded of Jack in The Perfect Game and felt all pissy, so nope…didn’t go there. Karina Halle sounds great right now! 😀
“And I still have to put up that review. It was just so rough on me. LOL!”
Shots will get you through it! I’ll bet it’s 5 o’clock where Laura is!! 😛
It’s always 5 where I am . . . . It’s actually 7.30 but pm :/
I chose Losing Me Finding You and am in a total book fog, daze… my heart is still racing. LOVED IT. I really needed that after TTM.