Oh I get a kick out of how Theresa lists her top 10! It looks like a top 10, but it’s actually a top 20plus, ’cause each section has an honorable mention. YAY US!!! Plus she gives us one from each genre. LOVE THAT!
She’s a fairly new member here (at least by way of the comments), but after looking at this list, I know she has GREAT book taste. Just like us! 😀
“Hey Maryse. I know I am a new member to your blog, but I thought I would send over my favorite book list. I absolutely love this posting and have gotten so many great recommendations from the past lists that I thought I would give it a shot. This was more difficult than I originally thought it would be. There are so many great reads out there but here are a few of my favs…”
1. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare <— YA Paranormal: The Mortal Instruments series. Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!!! Cassandra Clare makes you cheer for all of the characters in the book and provides such an intricate web between her characters that you are compelled to unravel the many mysteries! The Infernal Devices is a prequel to this series and is equally as amazing. I can’t wait for additional shadowhunter books to be released next year.
2. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness <— Adult Paranormal: A Discovery of Witches Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. Beautifully told, incredibly detailed, and rich in history. Matthew Clairmont is one yummy vampire! Honorable mention in this category is definitely BDB. Those are some serious alpha males.
3. This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— Erotica Series: The This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas Jesse Ward is my ultimate book boyfriend!!! Absolutely devoured each book multiple times! Honorable mention: Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. Gideon Cross is definitely my close second book boyfriend!
5. Stage Dive Series by Kylie Scott <— Rock Star books: The Stage Dive Series by Kylie Scott. I laughed and cried…who could ask for more! Honorable mention: The Thoughtless trilogy…talk about angst, angst, and more angst!!!
6. Sempre Series by J.M. Darhower <— Mafia: Sempre / Sempre Redemption by JM Darhower Beautiful stories about love, survival, and perseverance!
7. Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy<— Sports: The Deal and The Mistake by Elle Kennedy Just perfect in every way. Honorable mention: Driven by K. Bromberg WOW! Just started the series and can not wait to continue!
8. Mia Sheridan <— Hard fought love stories: All Mia Sheridan books Archer’s Voice being my fav, but I have to say that each of her books have stayed with me in their own way…they are the best to go back through and read your favorite parts! Also loved Consolation and Conviction by Corinne Michaels. I loved that the heroine knew what she wanted and never faltered.
9. On The Ropes Series by Aly Martinez <— Fighter Books: Fighting Silence / Fighting Shadows by Aly Martinez These books just felt REAL!!! Real people with real problems fighting for survival, love, and family while overcoming their own personal demons. The banter between the brothers is hysterical as well!!!!
10. Profound reads: Any book by A. Meredith Walters or Amy Harmon. After I read their books I reflect (often through tears) about what is truly important in life. I absolutely loved Reclaiming the Sand and Chasing the Tide. Find You in the Dark is currently on my TBR list. Then you have The Law of Moses / The Song of David (The Law of Moses Book 2) and Making Faces all of which touched me deeply. Thank you to both of these authors for writing such compelling and thought provoking stories.
“OK so those are my top reads today…I could probably add many more to that list but I will stick to those!!! Thanks again for this blog…it helps me discover new reads and new authors all the time. Later!”