HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY LONG WEEKEND (which I just realized it was today, so it’s a total happy bonus of the day. Feels like Christmas)! I wonder how I’ll indulge? I just received a Butcher Box order, and tomorrow my Misfits veggies order will arrive, so I have a feeling cooking, reading… and maybe some true crime documentaries (or shows) will fit the bill. 😀 I’ve been hearing about a few great ones that I need to sink in to. P.S. Who is watching Pam & Tommy? I’m hooked!!! Probably not nice of me to be loving it, but I was a huge fan of both, so I can’t help but be amazed at how awesome this portrayal is.
What about you guys? I LOVE knowing how everyone is living their lives, what you’re reading/watching/eating. 😉 These are my most fun things! No paddle boarding or landscaping right now because my area of Florida is not out of the “cold/freeze” season.
Don’t forget to check out today’s feature post (and a favorite author here!!):
- W. Million’s latest “Olympic Crown” is LIVE! And we have an excerpt… plus fun tidbits! <— today’s newsletter sponsor!!
- Reader Questions <— a whole bunch of new ones!!! Some already solved… and some needing your help. 🙂
- Latest Romance Book Releases – 02-15-2022 <—- This week’s including one from Kristen Ashley!!
- Kristen Ashley – River Rain Series Reading Order
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 2 years ago, the beginning of this one shocked me and hooked me SO HARD! Book Review – In an Instant by Suzanne Redfearn
- 3 years ago, so many were CRAZY for this series! Nora Roberts – Chronicles of The One Trilogy Reading Order
- 4 years ago, this was one of my favorite series (don’t judge the first book by its cover, though the hero IS pretty hilarious and cocky which is perfect!!) Tessa Bailey – The Academy Series Reading Order
- 4 years ago, this creepy book (and ending) blew my mind! Thank you for the recommendation, Tasha J!! Book Review – Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
- 5 years ago, a few of us (including me) had a confession… Reader Confession – Lisa and Jean (and I) have a thing for broken book heroes…
- 5 years ago, this creepy kid creeped me out nicely! Book Review – My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier
- 6 years ago, this kidnap/vigilante book had me on the edge of my seat! 4.5 STARS! Book Review – Ricochet by Keri Lake
- 6 years ago, these were Tessa’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Tessa’s Top Ten Reads for 2015
- 6 years ago, I loved the enemies-to-lovers roommates (sort of) situation in this one! Book Review – Roomhate by Penelope Ward
- 7 years ago, my TBR list… Five of the Latest Books on my TBR List, so I don’t forget…
- 7 years ago, I 5-starred this one (there was crying, too)!! Book Review – The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson
- 7 years ago, we made this awesome list! Audiobook Addiction: Our fellow readers weigh in on their favorites…
- 8 years ago, these made us laugh! Highly Recommended Comedy-Romance Books
- 8 years ago, this book had me laughing and swooning and fuming. 4.5 STARS & I still love it that hard! Book Review – The Plan by Qwen Salsbury
- 9 years ago, this angsty rock star/cheating love story had me wanting to 5-STAR throw my e-reader! Book Review – True Love Story by Willow Aster
- 10 years ago, this was what I was reading… Currently Reading… Unsticky by Sara Manning
- 10 years ago, I was obsessed with all of this author’s books! Griity and raw and romantic and shocking… Megan Hart – Dirty/Broken Series Reading Order
- 11 years ago, this one had me giggling! Introducing a New Werewolf Series by Molly Harper
- 12 years ago, I was obsessed with this series: Book Review – Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole and Book Review – Dark Needs at Night’s Edge by Kresley Cole
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! SHALEEN WENT CRAZY FOR IT!!
Shaleen: Hi Maryse, Hope you are well.
So Reminders of him was just sitting waiting to be read. Every night I would be like, nope not today.
Because really one has to prepare themselves mentally and emotionally before getting into a CoHo book.
I finally gave in last night. I finished reading at 4:30 this morning. And for the first time ever, my three things:
1. My throat is sore
2. My eyes are swollen
3. My mind is f*cked but my heart is fill.
I loved this book and Colleen Hoover is the biggest b***h ever. I butterflying Love her and maybe I hate her too, i dont know, the hate is probably part of the love.
There is just one thing that triggered me in the whole book.
In the beginning it was like
“Scotty was sad, so I baked him cookies and we smoked a joint and then I gave him head. Best girlfriend ever.” and then it was like “Hold this,” Scotty said, handing me his cigarette. “I have to pee.” He smoked occasionally. I didn’t mind it, but I didn’t smoke”
Like did I miss something or did colleen forget, please let me know, it’s been frustrating my head for no reason. But yes, I guess it’s forgivable because, great storytelling as usual.
Anyhooo, I’m glad I got my emotions out,now I can live the rest of the year happy. Thank you Maryse. I do recommend this book to everyone but especially to those that feel they are never enough. You Are Enough. You Are Not a Bad Person. ￼
- The Three Kings (Forsaken Book 3) by Penelope Barsetti <— LIVE!!
- Doll Parts (The Game Series Book 4) by Cara Dee <— LIVE!!
- The Second Life of Mirielle West by Amanda Skenandore <— MONA 5-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Mona: I just finished The Second Life of Mirielle West by Amanda Skenandore. Mirielle is a wealthy California socialite and wife of a 1920’s silent film star that is diagnosed with leprosy and is forced into quarantine in Carville, Louisiana. (While the story is fiction, Carville was an actual place in the US where lepers were sent, until it closed in 1999).
It wasn’t really a story about the 1920’s, but about the day-to-day life of living in the colony, the stigma, how it affected their families, the friendships that are made, and the search for a cure.
This is a 5⭐️ page turner, plus it’s KU. Mirielle is not very likable in the first part of the book, but don’t give up on her! Every time I sat this book down, I was quickly picking it back up.
- Sacrifice (War Brides of the Morja Book 1) by Miranda Bridges <— LIVE!!
- Captive of the Dark (Claimed by Monsters Book 2) by Sadie Moss <— LIVE!!
- Hades Series by Tate James <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT! SADIE LOVES IT!
Sadie: Hades series by Tate james is by far the best one I ever read
Megan: Hades series by Tate James and i fell down the RH dark romance rabbit hole. Don’t worry about me, just throw some more books down that hole!!
- Fall Guy by Felice Stevens <— LIVE!!
- Cinnamon Rolls and Corpses (Snow Falls Alaska Cozy Book 1) by Wendy Meadows <— LIVE!!
- Bad Billionaires : An Enemies to Lovers Box Set (Alumnus) by Ashlie Silas
- Wilted Orchid: A Dark Mafia Romance by Loxley Savage <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM/MAFIA!! “…Salvatore, Armani, and Fausto. The handsome faces of the Outfit bosses don’t hide the monsters that lurk beneath. They claim I’m theirs, that my life was forfeited to them in a pact sealed with my dead father’s blood. But they’re not the only ones who want to own me. When someone from my past lurks in the dark corners of my new existence, things turn from bad to worse….”
- Eversea by Natsha Boyd <— ONE OF MY SISTER’S FAVORITES & AIMEE LOVED IT TOO!
Aimee: Ok!!! I’ve got one more for the week!!! I loved it! A slow burn romance! It’s kinda cliché with a hometown girl who falls for an actor hiding out in her town! But love how it was written! This ends in a cliffhanger but it’s free with the audible plus package!!!
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson <— MY BOOK TWIN – TASHA J – LOVED IT!
Tasha J: I finished a book! Hooray, hooray, I finished a book. Lol! I finished Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson and I really loved it. It’s been some time since I read something more heartfelt and emotional and it was really well written and I was more than invested in the story and journey of the characters.
Now, to finish the other one I started at the same time that I was really invested in as well, or a palate cleanser of a lighter read. 🤔
*Bc now isn’t a good time to start a hefty fantasy, we’re going on a little weekend getaway trip to a waterpark where I’ll have to be active, lol.
- Bad Cruz by L.J. Shen <— MICHELLES IS INTO THIS ONE!
MichelleS: I just read a quick ROM-COM, called “Bad Cruz”, by LJ Shen.
It was just what I needed (a palate cleanse). It had lots of snarky, witty banter, a second-chance romance, small town, opposites attract, known-each-other-since-toddlers, you dated my best friend in HS vibes, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now, for something more serious…
Some books I read lately…
Homecoming King by Penny Reid– Slow burn romance. MCs are low key, which I appreciated. Including Rex, an alpha star footballer who reflects before taking steps with bartender Abby. 4.5★
Vampire Lover by Marian Tee – A nice mix of PNR & erotica. Well done vampire world. If erotica not your thing, might still enjoy great vampire story. 4.5★
The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre – Well done unique story about cam-sex worker with a lust to kill & a desire to change. Loved it! -it was a binger 🙂 4.5★
Act Your Age by Eve Dangerfield.🔥 Well done, cleverly written, hot hot hot, emotional, sometimes quirky erotica. 5★
Love Story by Erich Segal – Written in 1970 & made into movie. Great pithy writing by Segal. Down to earth romance with prep boy from Harvard Law & witty snarky young woman from Radcliffe. Surprisingly not dated at all. 4★
Oops…forgot this one
Just Neighbours (Charity Ferrell)-This story was much more than I expected. Not just hot dirty-talking cop, quirky banter, sexy times (which were great 😉). But cut above. Depth, well paced, nuanced, refreshing dialogue and wonderful character growth. Loved it! 4.5★
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi <—- HUGELY LOVED SERIES IN OUR CREW (& one of my most searched) and we have even more feedback!
Jessica: I am on the first book, Shatter Me and i already love this series!!! Very unique and beautiful. It is something i would recommend to readers that love romance, mysterious, and thriller books. Its amazing and I think a lot of people will love it!
Angelica: Just started reading these I’m on destroy me and I love it so far it took me one day to read shatter me and I just bought the remainder of the books can’t wait to read more
Tina: I love these books. You will switch Teams and swoon over Kenji. And for the record, I’m Team Warner all the way!
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- High Meadow (High Mountain Trackers Book 1) by Freya Barker – February 21st 2022
- Blaze (Steel Brothers Saga Book 21) by Helen Hardt – February 22nd 2022
- Afraid by Lisa Jackson, Alexandra Ivy – February 22nd 2022
- Bully God: An Anthology – February 22nd 2022
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Rakes (Last Chance Scoundrels Book 1) by Eva Leigh – February 22nd 2022
- The Reunion by Meghan Quinn – February 22nd 2022
- To Catch a Viscount (The Heart of a Duke Book 17) by Christi Caldwell – February 22nd 2022
- The Rake Gets Ravished (Duke Hunt Book 2) by Sophie Jordan – February 22nd 2022
- I’m So (Not) Over You by Kosoko Jackson – February 22nd 2022
- On The Honey Side by Staci Hart – February 24th 2022
- A Wild Card Kiss (Ballers and Babes Series Book 3) by Lauren Blakely – February 25th 2022
- No Bad Deed: A Dark Mafia Romance (Bad Habits Duology Book 2) by Emma Cole – February 25th 2022
- The Assignment by Penelope Ward – February 28, 2022
- Hook, Line, and Sinker: A Novel by Tessa Bailey – March 1st 2022
- Mr. Wrong Number by Lynn Painter – March 1, 2022
- Like Me: A Novel by Hayley Phelan – March 1, 2022
- Hollywood Witch: A Magical Rom Com by Karina Halle – March 1st 2022
- Perfectly You (Luna Harbor Book 2) by Claudia Burgoa – March 1st 2022
- My Week with the Prince (Fun For the Holiday’s Book 3) by J. Sterling – March 1st 2022
- The Love of My Life: A Novel by Rosie Walsh – March 1st 2022
- A Brush with Love: A Novel by Mazey Eddings – March 1st 2022
- By Any Other Name by Lauren Kate – March 1st 2022
- When He’s Sinful (The Olympus Pride Book 3) by Suzanne Wright – March 1st 2022
- Big Duke Energy (Seasons of Sin Anthology Collection Book 1) by Kerrigan Byrne , Christi Caldwell, et al. – March 1st 2022
- Only One Love (Only One Series #7) by Natasha Madison – March 1st 2022
- Stone: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett – March 1st 2022
- A Tryst by the Sea: A Siren’s Retreat Novella by Grace Burrowes – March 1st 2022
- Phantom Game (A GhostWalker Novel Book 18) by Christine Feehan – March 1st 2022
- Ashes in Venice: A Vengeance Thriller by Gojan Nikolich – March 3rd 2022
- Redemption: Book Four of the Renegade Series by Ann Lexi Cole – March 4th 2022
- The Bully (Calamity Montana) by Willa Nash |
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!