UPDATED JUNE 4th 2019!!!! Just scroll down about halfway, until you see the “UPDATED” notice to get to the latest recommendations. 😀
You know… I don’t have much experience in the “rom-com” genre, as I tend to gravitate towards emotional devastation when it comes to my reads (<— Yep. I’m a sucker for punishment). But it seems every time I read a funny one, I end up loving it! I always thought that there was nothing better than a book that causes you to ugly-cry or one that gives you the urge to throw your book across the room ’cause you’re so mad at book-him!
But I realize, there’s also nothing better than a non-stop giggle-fest while reading, too. A relieving lighthearted “funny” between the angsty tearjerkers and the thrilling dark reads. And I noticed, even the funny ones induce butterflies in my stomach and can (and often are) just as steamy as the rest of ’em. 😉
This list has been a long-time coming, and so frequently asked for.
Peta: I was wondering if you would consider a list of reads that really made you laugh, like the seduction and snacks series by Tara Sivec. Lately all I want are funny reads but they are harder to find than you would think….
Shweta: Currently, I am so tired of reading books which are full of angst and want to read a fun book. But how to figure out one. It would be so great if you can make a list of all fun reads.
Jennifer: … It seems I’ve been reading emotionally draining (just finished Raw) and stress inducing books lately. I’m searching for a book to make me feel like Wallbanger did. Something well written, funny, and steamy. I’m asking for too much, aren’t I? At any rate, help!
Michelle: I’ve been reading some “dark” books and sweet romances and am in the mood for funny. I just re-read Tara Sivec’s books and the Heller series by J. D. Nixon. I loved Wallbanger, too. Any other funny authors?
Bobbi: I am looking for something funny similar to the likes of Wallbanger (seriously, if you haven’t read it yet you need to do so ASAP), Tangled, Neighbor from Hell series, etc. Ideas? I need a break from the angst!
Becca: There are so many books out there that make me want to cry, scream, hide in a closet with a shot gun and supply of ho-ho’s, and just choke a b*tch out. And I’m kind of…strung out from them. So I was wondering if you have any recommendations for books that just make us laugh out loud.
LOL!! And the requests for this list go on and on… I get you. The book angst can be a bit much. And due to my recent love for “The Plan”, I’m ready now. I have a few of my own recommendations under my belt, and I wanna read more of these!
So here are my own “laugh-out-loud” recommendations, and then those of our fellow readers. There are quite a few in the bunch that already have me giggling with glee in anticipation!
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
One of my #1 funny read favorites! Witty banter, embarrassingly hilarious situations, laugh-out-loud funny. If you’re looking for funny but with a great romantic slow burn, this one’s the one!! He’s her neighbor, he’s get’s plenty of nightly er… exercise, and the bed-banging from his side of the wall keeps her up at night. Tee hee!!! Good times to be had by all with this read! (my review). Plus there’s more to come in this series, and I can’t wait for more! (Cocktail Series Reading Order)
The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead) by Alice Clayton
Speaking of Alice Clayton, her “redhead” series is another laugh-out-loud recommendation. No… I’m not being biased ’cause I’m a redhead (*giggle*), this really is that funny! The author is so funny in real-life, and she translates that perfectly to her quirky (but really real) heroines. And she never skimps on the romance. What I love about her books is that no matter how “funny” they are, there IS a good dose of romantic angst to be experienced, too. She may have you laughing, but she’ll tug at your heart with the romantic tension, and the heartache. Like this one? She’s a “regular” girl (struggling actress) in love with a one of Hollywood’s “it” actors. He’s into her too. But his entourage and the paparazzi are making it extremely difficult. Plus she’s older than him. Three in one in this one! Funny, famous guy/regular girl PLUS she’s older… (my review of book #1: The Unidentified Redhead plus the reading order: The Redhead Series Reading Order)
Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec
I was giggling so hard reading this one that I just had to read the funny parts to my husband. Which meant a TON of it was read to my husband, and I got a kick out of his chuckling too. Don’t even get me on the “drunk bar scene” when he barks at her (the pretty bartender he was crushing on). And wonder’s to himself if he… actually… just barked? Out loud? LOL!!!! There was cackling at that point. 😀 (my review of Seduction and Snacks and the The Chocolate Lovers Series Reading Order)
Tangled (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase
I recommended this book on our Facebook page when Kristie asked for “…a clean, funny, love story with out too much drama”
Maryse; Have you read Tangled… oh wait, you said “Clean”. Tee hee!!
Kristi: Oh Drew and his mouth or his inner monologues!!! LOL
Kristie: Maryse its on my list. I didn’t say all my books were clean just want an easy read before I get into my dirty ones. 😉
*blush* Hehe. Yah… so hopefully that little discussion will give you an idea. This is from a male’s POV, and he’s all sorts of playboy-bad (but hilarious with his dirty mouth and even dirtier thoughts). Definitely a ton of fun to be had with this one! (check out my review of Tangled and the Tangled Series Reading Order)
The Plan by Qwen Salsbury
My latest favorite book and it was a comedy romance to boot! Which cinched that I needed to start this list, ’cause it was everything I was in the mood for, and didn’t even know it. She’s crushing on the “higher-up” at the firm she works for, even though he’s a notorious no-nonsense meanie. But she’s bound and determined to get his attention in the best possible way… though he’s never even glanced her way. That’s the plan. 😉 That is… until, she becomes his next assistant, and is subjected to his assistant-torture. LOL!!! The heroine is one of my absolute favorites ’cause she was just so real and sooooooo funny. Her internal dialogue killed me, it was so funny! I spent a Sunday afternoon in grin-mode, and by the end my cheeks were hurting. Best. Day. Ever! And Jennifer loved it, too: “Reading “The Plan”. OMG. Hysterical!!!! “Glad I never put that dartboard up with his picture” LMAO … So many great “one liners” !!!” (my review of The Plan)
Playing For Keeps (A Neighbor From Hell Series) by R.L. Mathewson
Nothing better than a neighbor from “hell”. No this isn’t “paranormal” but it it’s everything I love in a love/hate relationship. Of cours,e it’s pretty much all hate at first, as these Bradford men prove to annoy every single female-neighbor in their vicinity. Of course there gorgeous, and they even have a little “bad-boy” in ’em, but they’re a bit self-centered (loud parties, stealing the neighbors food deliveries… stuff like that). BAD boys!!! And it’s such fun to go from her wanting to kick his door down and then kick his butt, to them actually becoming… friends. 😉 Nichole agrees: “I read all three this weekend and they are hilarious. I was actually laughing out loud through a lot of it. ” Here is my review of (Playing for Keeps (A Neighbor from Hell Novel) & Perfection (A Neighbor from Hell). Plus here’s the Neighbors From Hell Series Reading Order
Single White Vampire (Argeneau Vampire) by Lynsay Sands
I think this was the first official “comedy romance” that I’d ever read, and I couldn’t believe my luck. Lots of steeeeamy romance in this series, and moments of heartbreak, too, but OMG is it funny! Especially this book. Grumpy, ancient vampire/famous author recluse (OMG! That reminds me, I need to add this to my “Hermit/Recluse” list, too!) that is forced out of hiding by his persistent agent that won’t take no for an answer. Due to his in-the-closet vampire nature, his known reclusive-author status helps him hide that little “blood problem” of his, but his lack of book tours, signings and book conventions is drawing notice, and his publisher insists on at least ONE public appearance. The RT Book Convention. GAH!! He’s being thrown into the big-time with that one! I was in tears laughing as he was discovering the “world” and having to deal with us voracious romance-reading women (’cause, lo and behold… he’s reeeeeally good looking)! Really, this is a must read if you’re in the mood for funny. Many of us especially loved the vampire aspect, but even if you’re not that into “vampires” this one, coming out of “hiding” (and all of his grumpy, hilarious reactions) is not one to miss. (My review of Single White Vampire and the Argeneau Vampires Series Reading Order).
Shannon: Would love an update on this list! Especially for the summer since I’m a teacher librarian and have more time to read non-children’s books!
Sims: ‘The Hating Game: A Novel’ by Sally Thorne is really witty. The best part is that the romance is swoonworthy, while the comedy is very smart. It’s a difficult balance to achieve. The story and characters are complex and real, so that we fall in love with them.
Maryse: YESSSSS!! One of my favorites!! In fact, here’s my review.
Marina: Definitely “The Hating Game” by Sally Thorne! This one is the best. Sweet, romantic, priceless. And the main male character? Wow.
Cheryl: Just finished That Guy. Enjoyable, funny read.
Tammy: Oh. My. Gosh. Just finished this book and I want to cry because it has ended! I laughed and swooned so hard! Definitely my kind of funny. I’m totally fangirling Kim Jones now! Ha! I hope she continues to write comedy like this! ♡
Tasha: I didn’t stop reading it once I started. It was hilarious! I like how it pokes fun at the usual romance tropes and yet still manages to play out a lot of them and not be too corny, but funny. There’s a lot of cursing and probably some more crass moments, but I didn’t even mind. Sometimes that stuff annoys me. I loved the crazy heroine and “that guy”. Lol, the anger from him was so good. I have country family, and some of the stuff she says totally fits in with them. Haha..The “watermelon crawl” song is now stuck in my head.
Maryse: ONE OF MY FAVORITES!! YESSSS!!! In fact, here’s my review.
LisafromDFW: That Guy was hilarious! Loved it!!!!❤️
Maryse: Disorderly Conduct: The Academy by Tessa Bailey <— OMG this book is SO MUCH better than the cover. Although now I’m kind of fond of the cover, BECAUSE of how good that book was and how HILARIOUS and sweet and cocky, and witty the Hero was. I’m in love with him! 😉 P He had me snorting and laughing out loud the whole time
He’s wonderfully obnoxious and possessive and bossy but sweet and in his own way… romantic (even though he’s not trying to be – you’ll see…. OMG he’ll steal your heart so many times), and the stuff he does to sabotage … things. LOL!!!!!! P.S. Here’s my review.
marina: Just finished. And LOVED IT!!! Great pacing, so way HOT, laugh out loud funny. Sooooooo good!
Leslie M: Hey Maryse, did I tell you I am reading Disorderly Conduct by Tessa Bailey? It’s a fun one and I like it so far despite the cringe worthy cover. 😉
Linda: Now on your recommendation Maryse I’m almost half way thru Disorderly Conduct. Loving some “big man.” And yes I would’ve bypassed because of cover!
Ashley: I just finished Surprise, Baby! by Lex Martin and Leslie McAdams and I loved it! It had me laughing out loud a bunch, swooning and smiling to myself. Great if you’re looking for a fun light read (but it still has substance! And funny conversations between a kitten and it’s human!).
Chelsea: Another Saturday Night and I Ain’t Got No Body (A Page Turners Novel Book 1) by Jennie Marts is a great romantic comedy that had me laughing out loud the whole time.
Ashley: I read Tempt The Boss (Tempt Series Book 1) today by Natasha Madison and it had me laughing so hard!
Christine: Crazy Little Thing (A Bell Harbor Novel) by Tracy Brogan
Northernstar: Currently listening to the audio of Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating. It’s hilarious- laugh out loud funny. The narrators really make this story come alive. *dives back in*
Leslie M: I’m only at beginning of Josh & Hazel (part where they first meet up again) but Hazel is hilarious & it’s piqued my interest. Of course it’s an audio so that helps too.
bev: Josh and Hazel were so fun. …I was a bit worried she’d get on my nerves, but the writers made her lovable and unique. I was surprised in the beginning in that I was not expecting him to be her best friend’s Oppa. …probably make my top list too
Cheryl: I just finished #1 Crush and I LOVED it!! Full-on laugh out loud belly laugh story. Did have a smidge of angst but great well-written story!! I’m gonna say 5 stars!!
Northernstar: I just finished #1 Crush and what a brilliant read! I loved the (you know….that part), it made my stomach ache. I thought the book was so funny and often found my self laughing out loud. I can’t wait to read Ryan’s book. A new fav author for me.
Maryse: YESSSS!!! Great recommendation. In fact, here’s my review. 😀
Cristina: I cannot get over how freaking hilarious #1 Crush is!!!! Ok so confession… I sneak-read at work. I can’t help it. When I have down-time, I need something to fill it and reading via Kindle Cloud reader is my go-to, every single time. It’s my weakness, but I can’t get caught reading on company time. I even have my computer screen angled a certain way to keep people from seeing it so I can have that extra second to close the browser before they head my way. Anyways… Back to #1 Crush… the only issue with reading on company time is when I come across a book that literally has me busting a gut! You know what it’s like when you’re trying not to laugh? You laugh… much harder, and with no hope of stopping. Every single page in this book has me rolling on the floor *figuratively speaking of course, because I’m currently on the clock* laughing. Please make it stop!
Lisa M: Just finished Hissy Fit (The Southern Gentleman Series Book 1), cracked me up. Love it when a book makes you laugh out loud!!
Caroline: I just finished reading Lucy Score’s new book, The Worst Best Man which just came out last week. It is a laugh out loud, snort, cry, cannot put down, story! Thought I would pass it along if someone is looking for a mid-week laugh packed with a really wonderful “H” and “h.”
Jan: Also liked her book The Worst Best Man. Both have some OTT funny scenes and lines.
Cheryl: I did read The Worst Best Man and at first it was a little over the top, but it was hilarious and the h was strong and feisty.
Kathryn: #TripleX by Angelisa Stone and Christine Zolendz – a journey of two women in their forties who learn self-love. I read this 2 yrs ago and it is has stayed with me since, definitely a favorite. One of the funniest books I’ve read about a woman starting over, losing weight, and finding herself. So many laugh out loud moments! I also really related to these women and their struggles.
Morgan: The Naked Truth had me laughing my butt off but it was soooo sweet and definitely sexy at the same time!
marina: I have been on a rom-com kick. Just finished Accidental Tryst: A Romantic Comedy which was really awesome.
Maria: Worth It by CM Owens and SM Shade is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read. I was reading excerpts to my husband between gasping for air and hysterical laughing fits.
Sabrina: Yes i second Worth It by CM Owens & SM Shade. It was so funny. Tears in your eyes you laugh so hard funny.
Lisa: Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat: A Wingmen Novel by Daisy Prescott and Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers Book 1) by Penny Reid.
Jacqui: I loved ‘Lingus’ by Mariana Zapata. There were loads of snort out loud moments.
Jen C: I read Lingus back in early 2014 and LOVED it! Maryse, you need to read it! Absolutely hilarious from start to finish and nice slow build friends-to-lovers storyline.
Grey: bev said raunchy and now I want to read it… LOL! I liked Kulti, didn’t read WoW… But now I want to read Lingus LOL!
Jean: I guess I need to check out Lingus too…..I don’t mind raunchy….haha!
Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern <— Not fiction but Tasha J (and crew) LOVED IT!! “Very funny, and short. Perfect pick me up when I needed it. His dad is gruff, hilarious, vulgar, yet sweet and loving in his own way. My favorite combo. I loved all the quotes and the way it was written…”
Leslie M: I’m doing audio of Sh*t My Dad Says and it’s cracking me up. I am literally laughing out loud.
Jenn: Leslie-I am done and yes my stomach literally hurts from laughing so hard, it’s almost as if I did 100 situps loved it. Tasha- “The Sh*t Your Dad Says” was only my 2nd audio-book I ever completed as like you I really rather read my books than listen but this one holy hell-the one liners from his Dad through all stages of his life…..just freaking priceless.
Tasha J: I read it in written form and I laughed just as much, but I’m glad you guys are enjoying it the way I did in audio.
Tasha J: I’m 24% into I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern and just read a scene that had my belly hurting from laughing so hard. It’s really good so far!
Leslie M: I am now listening to I Suck at Girls and it seems as funny as Sh*t My Dad Says.
Karen: Katie Macalister, especially Men in Kilts.
bev: Men in Kilts by Katie McAllister. She is a writer that falls in love at a writers conference and moves to the highlands. Names a lambs (curly like poodles) and it made me laugh.
Jennifer: I don’t see any Katie MacAllister on this list but she has a funny paranormal series: Aisling Grey. The first book is You Slay Me. I read these years ago, it led me to MaryJanice Davidson, who I did see on the list. Katie has a lot of funny reads. These authors take me back to the days pre kindle of scouring the used book stores and paperback exchanges. Sometimes you need a smoking hot alpha dragon and a slobbering Newfoundland! Thanks for your great recommendations Maryse – I love your blog.
Maryse: And thank YOU Jennifer, for suggesting Katie MacAlister. I will add this!! 😀
- Bet Me,
- Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars Series Book 2), and
- Men in Kilts are great.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is YA but really fun.
- Landline: A Novel, Attachments: A Novel, and Fangirl: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell.
Rochelle: My all time favorite rom-com is Susan Elizabeth Phillips. All her books are well writtem and LOL funny.
Marina: And also “Road-Tripped: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Ad Agency Series Book 1)” (this one has quite a lot of dirty language but if you’re okay with that, it’s really funny and witty).
Mona: I’m about 50% thru Road Tripped. It is laugh out loud hilarious! Where can I get a T-shirt for Intercourse, PA?? Reminds me of Uranus, MO and their infamous Uranus Fudge Factory!
Tanya: Killing Memories by Tatiana Moore
Linda: Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series Book 2) by Alice Clayton and Bossman by VI Keeland are the latest romantic comedies I’ve read and adored. Couldn’t put them down!!! Two authors that never fail me!!
Northernstar: Oh, Maryse, you have to read Alice Clayton’s – Hudson Valley series. I loved the independent and strong women in the books. Soooooo good. In order 1) Nuts 2) Cream of the Crop 3) Buns The theme of this series is *pull head out of the gutter * food! LOL
Pia: Just finished Bossman by Vi Keeland. What a great read and I couldn’t stay quite because I laughed so much during the first 20%. Highly recommend this one.
MichelleS: I’m reading Bossman, by Vi Keeland, right now – so sexy and flirty – he’s so delicious, and has the best sense of humor – which is ANOTHER catnip for me. A sexy funny guy? Oh yes!
Fabi: I loved Bossman MichelleS. 5 big fat stars for me
Suzy: Ohh! Just finished Taint: A Sexual Education Novel by S.L. Jennings, Omg! Hilarious, sexy, fun!!! Definitely needs to be a headliner on this list! I compare it (entertainment wise) up there with Wallbanger, its just that good!
Heather: Finished TAINT! It was great!!! Love love loved it! Justice= sexy and dirty and just yummyyyy!! Yep, after reading TAINT my filter is gone!
Lacey L: Tracy Ellen’s Anabel Axel rod series is great fun
Alexa: “The Fix (Carolina Connections Book 1)” by Sylvie Stewart is a new book I just discovered. I laughed out loud in the waiting room at the dentist’s office and got some strange looks but I still couldn’t put it down. Not sure if the author has any other books, but I love, love, loved this one!! So funny and sweet with plenty of heat too 🙂 I’ve already recommended it to pretty much everybody I know. It’s part one in a series so I can’t wait for the next one.
So glad I found this site! And this list in particular – romantic comedies are my favorite and I agree with so many of these suggestions! And thanks for all the suggestions – time for another visit to Amazon 🙂
Sara: I just read 44 Chapters About 4 Men: A Memoir by B.B Easton. HILARIOUS. I want more from this author.
Nay: knocked my socks off with the 44 Chapters series. …I was completely captivated by the 44 Chapters series by BB Easton, which includes Skin, Speed, Star, and Suit. I just wish she had more high school/college boyfriends to write about!
Cheryl: I just finished Tell Me You Love Me: A Novel. …I really liked it! It was a sweet, romantic comedy with a clever storyline that has a few twists along the way.
Maria: Breaking Even (The Sterling Shore Series #5) by C.M. Owens goes even further (pink glitter in the car air vents, KoolAid in the shower head, and so on) – I was laughing constantly!
Maria: You mentioned the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston, which are awesome, but even funnier are her Dragon Kin books by her alter ego G.A. Aiken. I’m talking fall-off-the-couch laughing here, especially the further you get into the series. The family interactions remind me of the Bridgertons by Julia Quinn, only a little more violent and with dragon shapeshifters instead of English nobility. 😉
Maria: Right (Wrong Series Book 2) by Jana Aston is super funny (a followup to Wrong, which is good but not AS funny), where a girl is basically stalking a guy she’s known since childhood and is determined to end up with, including breaking into his house and making him dinner. Things don’t end up as she expects.
Joy: Jana Aston has written sexy, steamy, hilariously amazing one-night stand books. They’re all must-reads. The Wrong Series has 4 books…
Ashley: Absolutely everything by Jana Aston is amazing!!
Chelle: hi, Stuck-Up Suit (A Series of Standalone Novels Book 2) by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland is a very good book. try it 🙂
Shunda: Try “Anything but Minor (Balls in Play Book 1)” by Kate Stewart. I laughed so hard I spit water all over my hubby and I may have peed a little.
Linda: Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart is outstanding!! Loved it!!! So yummy!! I’ve been on a funny romantic kinda kick and have been happily sated thank you very much!!! Bossman and Cream of the Crop equally perfect. 5*!!!!!! Not sure what my next pretty will be!!!!
Maryse: …it is hilarious and so far, so good! Sweet and funny as heck. Goofy things that happen to the heroine (sometimes a it far-fetched… but then again maybe not, ya know?) LOL!!!! Either way, it’s working for me.
Tasha J: I read Melody Bittersweet and The Girls’ Ghostbusting Agency: A laugh out loud romantic comedy of Love, Life and … Ghosts? (Volume 1) and absolutely loved it! I need the next, ASAP. It reminded me some of the Charley Davidson books, seeing ghosts and all. And was humorous (omg a seen with Lestat literally had me clutching my belly from laughing so hard), the mystery was really good, I loved the side characters, Artie and Marina, Gran and her Mom, and the potential love interests kept me thoroughly entertained.
READER RECOMMENDATIONS: —> (and I’d love to list more, so comment or email me and let me know your comedy romance favorites please :D!)
- The Break-Up Psychic (Dangerously Dimpled) by Emily Hemmer <— Beth recommends this one saying, “Just finished The Break Up Psychic by Emily Hemmer. Quirky, funny gal meet hot motorcycle driving garage owner. Not a MC book, but a get your sh!t together book. The writing is really good and soooo funny. Great characters.”
- One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) by Janet Evanovich <— HIGHLY recommended by Aimee:
“Have you ever read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? Titles like one for the money, two for the dough, etc. It is a really great series my mom got me into…a new on comes out right around our B-day each year and we always grab the next one. It has the same vibe as the Heller series but much more FUNNY!! They are about ‘Stephanie Plum’ who works for her cousin Vinny as an amateur bounty hunter. Her side kick is a reformed ‘Ho’ and her grandma frequents the funeral parlor for punch and cookies and gossip with the local folks. You can always count on her to get into trouble and escape smelling like roses – especially when you have ‘men’ like Morelli and Ranger to save day. They are the BEST!!”
- Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig <— Recommended by Nancy: 2 books I found funny & not mentioned much are SHUT UP & KISS ME by Christie Craig, & SHUT UP & KISS ME by Christie Craig, & RANDOM ACTS OF CRAZY by Julia Kent by Julia Kent
- Random Acts of Crazy (Random Series #1) by Julia Kent
- The Law of Attraction (Lawyers in Love) by N.M. Silber <— Marina recommends this one: “I’m currently reading “The Law of Attraction” and it has funny witty banter a la Wallbanger which is so fun to read for a change up. Not sure if it’s on your TBR list or not but it’s really quite laugh out loud funny and creative so far!”
Geovanna: “The Lawyers in Love series by Nadine Silber. There are some serious laugh out loud, hold your stomach moments!”
- The Mane Event (The Pride Series) by Shelly Laurenston <— Michelle recommends this series: “Are you opposed to going old-school… good old fashioned shifters romances? Then Shelley Laurenston’s the Pride series is just what you ordered. So funny. HOT HOT HOT and the men…. argh….. fantabulous (Mane Event has been a favorite re-read of mine for years).”
- Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City) by Penny Reid <— Anne recommends this one saying: “It is sweet, funny, SO clever, and sexy and I’m only at 44% but just wanted to rave about it to someone! The blurb doesn’t do it justice, so it is turning out to be the best book surprise of the summer for me. Loving it!” and Tammie agrees:
Tammie: Neanderthal seeks human is absolutely a laugh out loud novel a really great read good character developments and loveable witty writing! The author did a fanfreakingtastic job I truly loved reading every word in this book and didn’t want it to end! A nice light hearted read and funny to boot!”
Sara: “Fav book Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid (very funny)”
Ashley: “Cannot recommend ‘Neanderthal Seeks Human’ highly enough. Completely fits everything that you are asking for!”
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <— Michelle also recommends these: “All the Rock Chick books” and Sarah agrees
Sarah: “…the Rock Chick series is a favorite of mine too. So good!” (here’s the Rock Chick Series Reading Order)
Teri W: Rock Chicks series by Kristen Ashley! Can’t beat it!
- Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren <— Laurie’s recommendation: “I’m assuming you’ve read the Beautiful Bastard series? Funny, witty, well written and hot” (here’s the Beautiful Bastard Series Reading Order)
Marina: “I agree with the Beautiful Bastard Series. I LOVED Beautiful Player the most but all in this series have great banter!”
Lisa: I love Christina Lauren. Those girls are guaranteed to make me laugh out loud. And yes their illustrated covers are excellent.
Ashley: “I would, however, HIGHLY recommend the entire Beautiful Bastard series by C. Lauren. Every book gets better and better!”
- Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora <— Laurie also recommends these: “Oh, another recommendation what about Friend Zoned or Willing Captive?”
- Willing Captive by Belle Aurora <— despite the dark-looking cover & title, I’ve been told this one is not a dark read (and very funny!)
- Sex Snob by Elizabeth Haley <— Highly recommended by Louise:
Louise: “… I actually had tears rolling down my face and laughing so hard at section in the book, that I could not even get past that page for at least 5 minutes.(place in book-2nd time that Holland is mentioned) That is not the only place that made me laugh, there are many other parts in the book that had me laughing. Mr. Bader had me giggling just like all them in the book!
All the characters in this book have a reason to be there and contribute to the overall hilarity/story. It is a romance and a good one! It is so nice to read a book and not roll my eyes and get frustrated with the predictable storyline.”
- An Affair to Dismember: The Matchmaker Series by Elise Sax <— recommended by Amanda: “Matchmaker series by Elise Sax is hilarious!”
- Against the Cage: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston <— Gina recommends this one: “Against the Cage (not sure if it is out yet but it was hysterical)”. Haha!! The synopsis made me laugh already. She accidentally punches a cop… in the parts! *snort* The pre-order link is up and it will be releasing May 27th 2014.
Rachel: “I just finished Against the Cage. It is hysterical g(and has MMA fighters. Lots of them) I think it is more comedy than MMA. Not sure but that is up there for me.“
- Gotcha! (Tall, Hot & Texan) by Christie Craig <— Char recommends anything by this author saying:
Char: “Anything Christie Craig writes is hilarious! I own all her books she is a favorite for me. I laughed so much when I read her books my hubby grounds me to another room because he can’t watch TV because I can’t shut up. Yes she is that funny and all her heroes are in law enforcement or use to be. There also always a animal pet of some kind in her stories. Her book Gotcha! has one of the most outrageous scenes I’ve read in a romance book.”
- Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (Divorced and Desperate) by Christie Craig <— this series is Char’s favorite! “My favorite though is her Divorced series which sits on my keeper shelf. All three books are really funny and fast paced and just wonderful!”
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— as suggested by Linda. I skimmed the reviews and sure enough, someone mentioned “cry-laughing”. That’s always fun!!
- The Wager: The Bet series: Book 2 by Rachel Van Dyken <— Jacque recommends it! “The Wager by Rachel Van Dyken is pretty funny too!”
- The Bet (book #1) by Rachel Van Dyken <— And Jean thinks this one’s even funnier! “The Bet (Book #1) by Rachel Van Dyken was really funny….I thought it was funnier than The Wager of the same series, but they were both great!”
- Hey There, Delilah… (a Taboo Love series) by M.D. Saperstein <— Cindy’s suggestion! “i just read “Hey there Delilah”. hilarious, kinda like Tangled”. And Rachel agrees: “Goodness…I forgot about Hey there, Delilah. super funny and cute.” Like Tangled PLUS it’s got “Taboo” in the series name? Yes please!!
- Eternally North by Tillie Cole <— Kristyn says: “I just read Eternally North by Tillie Cole and it cracked me up. I love rom-com books :)”
- Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1) by Courtney Cole <— Romy suggests this one: “Confessions of an Allie Cat by Courtney Cole is laugh out loud funny.” and Polly agrees: “Confessions of an Alli Cat by Courtney Cole is definitely one of my faves!!”
- The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous Series) by N.A. Alcorn <— recommended by Sophie: “The Infamous Ellen James. One of the funniest books I’ve ever read!” and Sharon loves it, too! “The infamous Ellen James by NA Alcorn was one of my favorite funny books…book two which looks to be just as awesome releases on the 28th!”
- Heller by JD Nixon <— Erin suggests this one! (here is the Heller Series Reading Order)
- Falling for the Ghost of You by Nichole Christi <— Kelli liked this one: “Falling for the ghost of you by Nichole Christi was pretty funny and a great read…a little bit more on YA side”
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella <— Lisa loves these! “the Shopaholic series by Sophia Kinsella had me laughing and swooning, and are my favorite romcom books I’ve read.”
- Must Love Otters by Eliza Gordon <— Here’s Kristina’s suggestion! “Must Love Otters by Eliza Gordon is another hilarious one. Very funny, sweet romance read, I highly recommend it. A very funny part was when her boyfriend put sriracha sauce on her….well, you just have to read it to find out!” <—Eeeep!! *grins*
- A is for Alpha Male by Laurel Curtis <— Ricki loved this one! ” Laurel Ulen Curtis’ A is for Alpha Male is a riot! It’s an homage to Kristen Ashley’s alpha males with a mother/daughter cross country road trip!”
- The Other C-Word (In Other Words) by MK Schiller <— Bobbi’s recommendation!
- Practice Makes Perfect (Berkley Sensation) by Julie James <— Sally recommends two books from this author! This one (Lisa agrees saying: “super funny. It is about competitive lawyers and the pranks and hi jinks they play against one another.”
Jan: Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James literally made me laugh out loud. Two lawyers, a predictable storyline but some VERY funny scenes.
- Just the Sexiest Man Alive (Berkley Sensation) by Julie James <— this one!
- REBEL, a New Adult Romance Novel (The Rebel Series) by Elle Casey <— Sharon recommends this one and…
- HELLION, a New Adult Romance Novel (The Rebel Series) by Elle Casey <— this ones, saying: “Rebel and Hellion by Elle Casey are both laugh out loud hilarious! Highly recommend!”
- Temporary Bliss by B.J. Harvey <— Karen recommends this series: “You really have to read The Bliss Series by B. J. Harvey. The first two books are out and they are called “Temporary Bliss” and “True Bliss”. Without giving away any spoilers, the first book is about Mac and her friends with benefits: she has several of them! A Dom, a stripper, and a doctor – but then she meets Daniel…and things start to change… I hope you’ll read them – they are hilarious, heartwarming and with a touch of drama and angst as well.”
- True Bliss by B.J. Harvey
- Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise <— Tabatha has a bunch of recommendations! Like this one: “I loved bet me, Agnes and the hitman, and faking it by Jennifer Cruise (she has many more that are just as hilarious).”
- Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Cruise <— and this one,
- See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson <— Tabitha says: “And I am completely obsessed with see Jane score and nothing But trouble by Rachel Gibson”
Jan: See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson (recently mentioned on the sports romance list) is another sweet romance with some very funny, laugh out loud moments.
- Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson
- Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram <— Tabatha also loves this one: “Also, serial hottie by Kelly Oram had me rolling!”
- Wicked Games (A Games Novel) by Jessica Clare/Jill Myles <— and Tabatha loves this one, too! “Last but definitely not least, are the games series by Jessica Clair/Jill Myles. Okay I could do this forever. I love funny and Sexy reads, they are definitely my go to read.”
- And One Last Thing … by Molly Harper <— Lezanda got a kick out of this one: ““And One Last Thing” by Molly Harper was absolutely hilarious! Besides the fact that is was laugh out loud funny I loved the revenge she took on her husband, or well, ex-husband”
- For A Good Time Call by Trish Jensen <— on Connie’s romcom list! She says: “My daughter and I have been tracking our reads on a spreadsheet for a couple of yrs now. One of our pages includes Rom-Com books. We have read many of the ones you have listed however, don’t forget….”
- Mother of the Bride by Lynn Michaels <— from Connie’s list, and also…
- Boycotts & Barflies by Victoria Michaels <— this one (Oh yes, I remember it being recommended a TON a couple of years ago). Shreya recommends it too:
Shreya: “…it’s full of fun & romance….not very intense but definitely FUN…!!!! :D”
Yanira: “…fun chick lit, smart girls swear off guys, barternder guys want smart girls swearing off barflies. Fun fun fun.”
- The Panty Dropper (A Valentine’s Day Short) by Liv Morris <— also on Connie’s list but this one is very short.
- Against The Wall by Julie Prestsater <— from Connie’s list and…
- An Unplanned Lesson (Unplanned Series) by Beth Rinyu <— this one, and…
- Girl Next Door – The Complete Series by C.C. Wood <— also on Connie’s list…
- Undead and Unwed (Undead/Queen Betsy) by MaryJanice Davidson <— Tessa suggests this series, and I must agree!! How could I forget. It had me giggling like mad (the heroine is goofy as heck and dealing with a serious (hunky) vampire alpha male). Tessa says: “Anything by Maryjanice Davidson, but the Betsy series are beyond priceless. A total MUST read! The series start with Undead and Unwed.” (here’s The “Undead” series reading order)
- Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle Series) by Sharon Gerlach <— recommended by Ashley: “I love Office Politics by Sharon Gerlach. It was one of those books that made me Laugh out loud.”
- Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery #1) by Denise Grover Swank <— Jacee’s recommendation: “I love the Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes series by Denise Grover Swank. It’s actually a mystery series. Rose Gardner is quirky and hilarious.”
- Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella <— also recommended by Jacee (and quite a few of our other fellow readers that loved this one like crazy!!). I can’t wait to read it, and I just totally one-clicked it!! Hildie says: “My favorite book ever is Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella, it makes me laugh ever time I read it!”
- I’ve Got Your Number: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella <— and Jacee recommends this one from the same author saying: “Her characters are always funny.” and Cindy agrees: “Her best book is “I’ve Got Your Number.” It is hilarious!!!” Jacee, too: “I agree with the comments above. I loved I’ve Got Your Number. That scene with the Japanese businessman is hilarious!”
- Twenties Girl: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella<— This was Jg’s favorite: “My personal favorite among Sophie Kinsella’s book is Twenties Girl…I was *bawling* towards the end!” and Claudia says: “I’m reading Twenties Girl by S.Kinsella and is hilarious..”
- First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson Series) by Darynda Jones <— Jeannie recommends this one, and OMG yes! I haven’t read it yet, but this paranormal series comes HIGHLY recommended and often by a ton of our fellow readers.
Jeannie says: “The Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones is hysterical. It’s about a woman who is the Grim Reaper (not a spoiler, you know that from the first page), and a private investigator. There is also a very mysterious alpha male, and you know a little more about him in each book. A very fun series, I definitely recommend it.” (here’s the series reading order)
- Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned Series) by Robyn Peterman <— Tasha describes this one as “hilarious!”
- It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— Virginia says “Maryse, an author whose books are consistently humorously romantic is Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I think she has 29 published books, so far. I’ve read them all and have laughed my way through most.”
- Two of a Kind (Fool’s Gold) by Susan Mallery <— Virginia suggests books by this author: “Several of Susan Mallery’s Fool’s Gold Series are hilarious! Particularly Two of a Kind and Three Little Words.”
- Three Little Words (Fool’s Gold) by Susan Mallery
- Big Bad Bite by Jessie Lane <— Chelsea’s recommendation, saying: “A funny paranormal romance that I loved”
- Friends With Partial Benefits (Friends With… Benefits Series (Book 1)) by Luke Young <— Paulette’s suggestion!
- The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards <— Crystal recommends this one: “You should check out The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards. It is pricy but such a good book! Had me laughing. … And got me into rom com books”
- How to Murder a Millionaire: A Blackbird Sisters Mystery by Nancy Martin <— Shannon recommends this series: “Have you read any of The Blackbird Sisters series by Nancy Martin? Destitute “crime solving” socialite & her crazy sisters, meets mafia son… Very fun series!”
- The Greatest Love Story of All Time by Lucy Robinson <— recommend by Belisha who says it’s “so funny”
- Double Standards by Judith McNaught <— Komal recommends this one! “Double standards by Judith mcnaught..a MUST MUST read”
- Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves <— Eesha recommends these! “Jane Graves is pretty freaking Hilarious…I adore her “Tall Tales and Wedding Veils” (The Couple get drunk and married in.Vegas, then have to pretend to go with it) my favorite dialogue is when Heather (The heroine) says to “Him”: “I cook because I love to eat, not because I have ovaries!!!” And he says: “Sure, then dont expect me to go around killing lizards!” And she says: “Surprsingly that doesnt need balls!” :’D all of her books are Beyond witty and tears-rolling-down funny. The heroes are yummy, the dialogues are whip smart!”
- The List by Joanna Bolouri <— Holly insists!!! “The list by Joanna Bolouri NEEDS to be on this list. Absolutely hilarious!!”
- Elle Lothlorien <— Sheri recommends this author! “Elle Lothlorian has some great ones: Sleeping Beauty; Sleeping Beauty Wakes Up (not a sequel, but reworked because so many people thought she should end up with the other guy); Alice in Wonderland; The Frog Prince; Gilding the Lily-Pad (Frog Prince from the Frog’s perspective). She has three books she’s working on: Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, and the Frog King but I don’t know the release dates for them. All her books are great stories and humorous, and I’ve read them all more than once.”
- Head Over Heels: A Romantic Comedy by Cindy Procter-King <— Lori suggests these two! ” I wanted to add (as I thought they were quite funny) two books by Cindy Procter-King: Head Over Heels, and Borrowing Alex.”
- Borrowing Alex: A Romantic Comedy by Cindy Procter-King
- Waking Up in Vegas by Stevie Kisner <— Kristina loved this one! “I just read Waking up in Vegas by Stevie Kisner. If you loved Tangled, then this is for you! Told from the male POV, it was hilarious and fun. I really enjoyed it!”
- Fun with Dick and Shane: Memoirs of a Houseboy by Gillibran Brown <— Julia’s recommendation to us! “Don’t know if this list is open to M/M as well as het, but if so, just about the funniest thing I’ve ever read, as in side splitting, can’t breathe, sore the next day from laughing funny is “Fun with Dick and Shane – Memoirs of a Houseboy.” It does involve a domestic discipline relationship with a screwball brat telling the tale. Sweet, wry and funny, and apparently, the author is a real person writing about a real relationship.“
- Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis <— Another M/M comedy romance! Julia recommends this one too! “Also, “Take My Picture” by Giselle Ellis. If you love screwy dialogue and snappy banter, this is a delightful dish of angsty hilarity.”
- Tessa Dare <— Sadie has some for us!! She says: “I didn’t see any Tessa Dare or Caitie Quinn. Both make me laugh out loud. Tessa is an auto-buy, historical writer who pulls off some pretty hot heroes.”
- Caitie Quinn <— Here is the other author that Sadie loves! She says: “Caitie is one I’m watching since she’s promised to put out more this year. She has out a couple novellas that are sweet and literally make me LOL.” —–> That’s one of her books!
- Stardust (Peaches Monroe, Book 1) by Mimi Strong <— Lisa says: “The Peaches Monroe trilogy had me laughing out loud…a lot!”
- The Wager: The Bet series: Book 2 by Rachel Van Dyken <— Marcia says: “The Wager (The Bet Series) by Rachel Van Dyken had me in hysterics! You MUST read!”
- Boomtown (Freebirds Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— Karen suggests: “I think Lanie Lynn Vale’s Freebird series is hilariously funny, but also super steamy and suspenseful.”
- Naked Werewolf Series by Molly Harper <— Beth is bringing Molly Harper back on the list with these suggestions! “Some already mentioned Molly Harper, can’t forget about her Naked Werewolf or Nice Girls Series”
- Love and Games Series by Rachel Harris <— Crystal loves these!! “I’m completely addicted to TASTE THE HEAT and SEVEN DAY FIANCÉ by Rachel Harris And can NOT wait for the 3rd installment of her Love & Game Series to come out this year!!!!”
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn <— Grey recommends this one! “The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn, laughed so hard I cried!” Agreed!!! (here’s my review)
- Boy Toy Chronicles – Volume One by Jay McLean <— Tessa recommends this one! “I’ve got to mention Boy Toy by Jay McLean. Super funny.”
- The Consequence of Loving Colton by Rachel Van Dyken <— Julie laughed through these! “I’ve read several romantic comedies lately. Rachel Van Dyken has 2 hilariously sexy books that are of the Consequence series. I listened to these books through Kindle Unlimited that included the audio. (thanks Rachel) I’m sure there were times when other drivers probably thought I was crazy as I would be driving and laughing with no one else with me. The Consequence of Loving Colton and The Consequence of Revenge.”
- Sustained by Emma Chase <— Tracey recommends this one! “Sustained (The Legal Briefs Series Book 2) by Emma Chase is soooo funny . Its from a male point of view and his inner thoughts had me in pleats.” and Cristina agrees! “I seriously laughed my a%$ off reading Sustained! I had tears streaming down my face. If you haven’t read it, please do! It centers around lawyer, Jake Becker. All male, and all hot. The dialogue reminded me of Emma Chase’s first book in her Tangled series. …I laughed till I cried! What makes Emma Chase such a great writer is these scenes are so close to real life. Unfiltered and messy. I read that scene out loud to my husband and we were both dying laughing. He said, “Man, that does sound like real life.”
- Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy <— THE WHOLE series is HILARIOUS!!!! Sweet, super-sexy, but so funny, you’ll be chuckling so hard, that if you’re in public, you’re gonna get weird stares!!! Tee hee! 😛 (here are my reviews) and Shannon agrees! “Omg this book was hilarious, I swear half of it is highlighted! Favourite series ever!“
- Tapping the Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaires) (Volume 1) by Max Monroe <— EVERYONE is recommending this one!
Linda: Absolutely adored this read!!! Sooooo Sooooooo sooooo hilarious and SEXY. Max and Georgia just make me smile.
Fabi: Tapping the Billionaire @27% I think I’m having an honest to goodness fit. I’m laughing so hard I’m snorting and tears are streaming down my face. I can’t breathe. Oh my gawd. Beyond hilarious. Jean first and the the rest of you who kept recommending this book. Thank you, thank you. I would have never read a book with that title and that cover if not for you lovely ladies. I don’t know wth the title and cover are meant to be because they have nothing to do with this story.
DG: No but seriously…I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book! Funny does not describe it…just.downright.HILARIOUS. And smexy. Loaded with hotness, tons of laughs, witty banter and smex. Benadryl and this book are 4EVER linked in my mind.
Can’t wait to meet the other two billionaires in this series by the oh so mysterious Max Monroe!
Grey: The Bad Boy Billionaires series by Max Monroe! Tapping the Billionaire, Tapping Her and Banking the Billionaire… have been released so far 🙂 Laugh out loud hilarious!!
Maria: Grey beat me to it, but Banking the Billionaire is hysterical with all the pranks!
- My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder <— This one had so many laughing hard!
Lauren: Such a great book….and hilarious too!
Cristina: I just finished all the Bewitched and Bewildered books too! Thanks for the recommendation!!! 🙂 They were AWESOME!! What a fun-loving group of people and spectacular story line!!! Love, love, LOVE the entire group!!! I wish I was mated to one of them!!! I feel left out 🙁 Those boys are just…. YUM!!! I’m in love with all of them!! I can honestly say there isn’t a single book that was better than another!! And the scenes when they go to visit Bart’s store are HILARIOUS!!!! I was laughing so hard there were tears!! This book is the perfect mix of romance, comedy, drama, and paranormal. Ms. Alder cooked up one of the best paranormal series I’ve read in a very long time!! The group’s chemistry was written to perfection!! Like you, I’m in a book funk now and not sure what to read next. June 30th can’t get here quick enough!
Michelle: Omigod I’m laughing so hard that I’m crying! Laura recommended My Commander by Alanea Alder and it’s freakin hilarious! I wish it had audio so I could listen on my drive. On the tampon scene…five paranormal alpha males trying to figure out what a period is and what tampons to get *giggling*
- Heller series <— Tracy says we should read this series! “I highly recommend the HELLER series by J.D Nixon!! So so so so funny. Don’t be fooled by the cover, It was so damn hilarious. I don’t think I have ever read any series that was more consistently funny.”
- Not You It’s Me (A Boston Love Story) by Julie Johnson <— Jennifer says THIS one! “Not You It’s Me” by Julie Johnson! OMG I laughed so hard at this book. This artist girl is clumsy and nuts! The good nuts, with the sugar and whatnot on it.. Ha!”
- Rules of Protection (Tangled in Texas Book 1) by Alison Bliss <— And Christine suggests this one! “Love this list!!! Also, don’t pass up Rules of Protection (Tangled in Texas) by Alison Bliss – hilarious and hot!!!”
- Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland <— I PERSONALLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! HILARIOUS!!! Ahhhh one of those “almost perfect” reads. (my review)
Maryse: Okay this is ridiculous… i’m at 4% and I can’t stop cackling!!!! Since the very start… my mom (we FaceTime) finally just said “WHAT?!!! WHAT IS SO FUNNY?!!” And I’m all… “you just have to read it. It’s just funny” So all that to say… the start? Priceless interactions. I AM SO IN!!!!!!!!!
Cristina: I’m ready Cocky Bastard right now and yes Maryse it’s HILARIOUS!! Definitely lots of laugh out loud moments! I’m crushing on Chance BIG TIME! I’m taking a break right now to get some actual work done (BOO!), but I’ll be starting part two tonight! I already read the first page and I’m like, “Say what?!”
LOOKING FOR MORE? Click here to see a list of every post we’ve tagged ➔“Comedy Romance“