HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I’m just finishing a book, and
plan on reviewing it today, and it is rocking MY WORLD! I posted it below, you can’t miss it, with that cover. I LOVE IT! UPDATE: MY REVIEW IS UP!!
P.S. Today’s Friday Finds list is fully loaded!! 😀
Let me know what you’re reading. 😀
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 3 years ago, we wanted to suffer and feel heartache! So we made a list. 😉 Reader Favorites – Marital Strife Romance Book Recommendations
- 4 years ago, Lisa confessed. 😉 Reader Confessions – Lisa one-clicks books that she’s too afraid to read…
- 4 years ago, this didn’t give me the chills and twists that I was hoping for. Book Review – The Widow by Fiona Barton
- 5 years ago, I laughed my butt off with this one (and of course… this was when I would do reaction videos). Eeeeep! I gotta get back to that. THAT is probably what I should be doing on TikTok. Book Review – Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
- 5 years ago, these were Fabi’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Fabi’s Favorite Audiobook List
- 6 years ago, this book captivated me. 5 STARS!! Book Review – The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- 8 years ago, I interviewed an author that freaked us out with her book #1 in this duet! Behind The Books – Interview with J.A. Redmerski about her upcoming book, “The Edge of Always”
- 9 years ago, this is probably one of my most favorite dark reads EVER in the world. BLEW. MY. MIND!!!! Currently Reading… Stolen by Lucy Christopher and Book Review – Stolen by Lucy Christopher
- 10 years ago, one of my favorite book covers is book #1 in this series. You’ll see. 😉 Book Review – The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Virgin Rule Book (Rules of Love 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST! BASEBALL STAR IS HER BEST FRIEND! “…The next day, Crosby and I agree to put all those shenanigans behind us. The fun-loving, stupidly gorgeous, all-star baseball player might be my brother’s best friend, but he’s my friend too and has been for years, so it’s easy to move on, especially since I have a high-profile business to run. But since he’s newly single and I’m always single, it turns out we both desperately need plus ones. We agree to “publicly date” over the next two weeks of galas, parties and events before his baseball season begins...”
- Man Eater: A romantic suspense by January James <— LIVE!!!
- Diver’s Heart by K.A Knight <— LIVE!!!
- Beautiful Savage by Lisa Sorbe <— MY OWN PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION!! I one-clicked this book a year ago (total blurb jolt!!) and have just been reminded of it when the author contacted me and sponsored the newsletter. I pulled it back up to the top of my TBR list and decided to jump in and read it finally. NOTE: The author is today’s newsletter sponsor, and I actually am almost finished the book and I’m on the edge of my seat with angst!!!! Review to come. I’m thinking 5 stars. UPDATE!!! Here’s my 5 STAR Book Review – Beautiful Savage by Lisa Sorbe
Maryse: OKAY so I’m totally reading this awesome book right now (excellent writing, kind of a psych-thriller but also a huge romance that I am SWOONING over). I one-clicked it a year or so ago when I got a blurb jolt from it, and holy moly I AM HOOKED!!!!!!!!! She’s in a loveless marriage and then she reads a book written by her ex…
“…As she reads his words, two things become crystal clear: he’s speaking directly to her, and she’ll do whatever it takes to get him back.
Rebecca is certain that Hollis is the key to her happiness and quickly devises a mad plan that not only tests her limits, but soon has her life spinning wildly out of control. Because Hollis has a family now, ties to a wife and daughter that won’t be easy to sever...”
SERIOUSLY. THIS BOOK IS INCREDIBLE SO FAR (and she almost had that “Dirty Red” feel to her… but there’s vulnerability too). LOVING IT!!!
- One Wright Stand: A One-Night Stand Small Town Romance (Wright series) by K.A. Linde <— LIVE!!! K.A. LINDE ALERT!!!! “…He’s too hot for this small town. Too polished for this seedy bar. And a hundred percent my type. Tall, dark, and handsome in a suit with brooding eyes that say he’d lay waste to my body. And I’d let him. Our connection is immediate. The desire is blatant. I’ve never felt anything like it. Then I make the mistake of a lifetime: I let him walk out…“
- Satan’s Outcasts MC Boxset: Ruthless Revenge Series (Books 1 to 6) by Vanessa James <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER BARGAIN ALERT!!
- Devil You Hate: A Dark Mafia Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Diavolo Crime Family Book 1) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman
- The Winter Before by Karen Crompton <— RECLUSIVE HERO ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE & LYNN LOVED IT!!!
Lynn: I was one of the lucky winners of The Winter Before and I absolutely LOVED Olivia and Isaac’s story. I highly recommend this wonderful book Maryse 🙂
- After We Fall by Melanie Harlow <— NANCY 5-STARRED IT!
Nancy: A Little late to the Game! But I finished reading AFTER WE FALL By Melanie Harlow. It has been on my TBR List since 2017!! KINDLE UNLIMITED, too!
I have been a fan of Melanie Harlow since I read FRENCHED back in 2014. I have read and enjoyed lots of her books, but never got around to reading her, AFTER WE FALL, till now. What a mistake! I owned the book, but it was buried in my TBR list. It is so good and has all the feels! I lost sleep because I didn’t want to put it down.
- The Good Sister: A Novel by Sally Hepworth <— RECENT RELEASE & MICHELE G COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!
Michele G: I read The Good Sister over the weekend. Actually, I read it in one day because I couldn’t put it down. Yep, it was one of those where you need to see what happens. I hope you enjoy it!
- The Love Interest by Kayley Loring <— LIVE!! COMEDY ROMANCE & sounds like fun!
- Until Rex by Shaw Hart <— LIVE!!!
- CEREAL DATER (The Way To A Man’s Heart Book 13) by Frankie Love <— LIVE!!!
- Love’s Garden by B. Love <— LIVE!!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER THOUGH!! “...On the battleground of love, Amalia and Kawan were at war with themselves because of their feelings for each other. When a life changing secret is exposed, the two are pulled closer than they thought was possible…”
- SEAL Daddies: A Contemporary Romance Collection by Annie J. Rose <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “…Grab your favorite umbrella drink and visit these sexy SEAL Daddies on their island paradise. Along with the sand and sun, you’ll find five standalone novels with more passion and excitement than your heart can take. Be warned; the O’Shea Boys are hot enough to melt your Kindle!”
- Montana Blaze (Cowboy Country Book 1) by Lori Wilde <— LIVE!!
- Delilah’s Scandal (The Cove Sisters Trilogy Book 2) by Sienna Mynx <— LIVE!!
- Her Twin Surprise (Forsaken Sons Book 2) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!! FAMOUS STAR SECRET BABIES ALERT! “…After one torrid night and some devastating news, Stevie Hunt discovers that she’s pregnant. She tried to do the right thing by telling the father, but circumstances prevented her efforts. From superstar quarterback to billionaire entrepreneur, Janus Meyers thought he had it all. Until he discovered that there was more…two more, actually. Twins! Five year old twins that he knew nothing about...”
- Tyrant Stalker: A Dark Forbidden Romance (Tyrant Dynasty Book 2) by Isabella Starling <— LIVE!!!
- Faking It with My Best Friend: A Fake Engagement Sports Romance (Cole Brothers Book 5) by Crystal Monroe <— LIVE!!!
- Shattered: Anderson Special Ops: Book Four by Melody Anne and John Henley <— LIVE!!! MELODY ANNE’S LATEST! “…Smoke is former military, and a former NFL superstar. He’s been around the block many times around. He loves life, loves women, and loves running missions. He always has a smile on his face, and true to his name, though he’s anything but small, he can disappear in a puff of smoke at a moment’s command. One thing Smoke isn’t counting on is falling for Katherine Anderson’s personal doctor, a stunning woman who doesn’t take flak from anyone at any time. Though Smoke is twice her size, she has no problem going toe to toe with him...”
- Mafia King : Dark Irish Mafia Romance (Arranged Marriage) (Young Irish Rebels Book 2) by Vi Carter <— LIVE!!!
- Falling Out of Hate with You: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Hate-Love Duet Book 1) by Lauren Rowe <— SHE HATES THIS DISMISSIVE ROCK STAR!!! “…I’ve tried to like Adrian Savage, the mercurial frontman for Fugitive Summer, while serving as his band’s opening act on tour. We’re stuck together for three months, after all. And I’m well aware I’m lucky to be here. But it’s proved impossible. He’s far too rude and dismissive a guy to get along with. And way too good at getting under my skin. In fact, at this point, I think it’s fair to say I downright hate his guts…”
- Texting With the Enemy (Digital Dating Book 1) by Marika Ray and Delancey Stewart <— LIVE!! SHE’S TEXTING THE WRONG GUY!! “…Boston’s friend, Chad, never should have given Boston’s number to the girl at the wine festival as a joke, but the damage was done. When El sends Boston a text later that night, believing he is Chad, he’s too nice to hurt her feelings by telling her the truth. But there are a few other truths Boston might have thought about: Truth #1: He’s her boss Truth #2: She just accepted a job at his mother’s new winery Truth #3: He’s always had a crush on her…”
- End Game (Vegas Aces Book 5) by Lisa Suzanne <— LIVE!!!
- For The Love of Easton : A Stand Alone, Single Parent Romance by A.M. Hargrove <— LIVE!!!
- Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!! MEGHAN QUINN’S LATEST!!! HE THOUGHT HE WAS ON A DATE WITH HER!! “...I don’t normally ask a girl out, have her fail to recognize it’s a date, and then give me a high five–as if I’m her wingman–and take off with someone else. No. Normally I’m the one taking the girl home but with Stella, it’s been one failed attempt after another and frankly, I’m done trying. But thanks to my best friend getting married in Hawaii right before the school year starts, I’m stuck on a tropical island, watching Stella parade around in what she claims is a bathing suit…”
- Much Ado About You by Samantha Young <— KATHY LOVED IT!
Kathy: Happy Weekend!! We are actually going to hit 80 this weekend so excited as I need some sun on my pasty legs! I just finished Much Ado About You by Samantha Young and I really enjoyed it. It makes me want to visit the English Coast!
- The Drowning Kind by Jennifer McMahon <— TEMPTING A FEW IN OUR BOOK CREW!!“…thirty-seven-year-old newlywed Ethel Monroe hopes desperately for a baby. In an effort to distract her, her husband whisks her away on a trip to Vermont, where a natural spring is showcased by the newest and most modern hotel in the Northeast. Once there, Ethel learns that the water is rumored to grant wishes, never suspecting that the spring takes in equal measure to what it gives...”
Tasha J: I saw another review for The Drowning Kind today that had me so close to breaking that rule for myself. It said Riley Sager/Simone St. James vibes and now I need it.
Michele G: The Drowning Kind is calling to me too!
I’ve come across some fantastic historical romance* in past few weeks…lots of binging going on. (Apologies for long list)
My favourite is Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel. A fabulous, very steamy read with a badly behaving (really), intense, handsome lord. (There is some some controversy with this book) 5★
I read The Viscount Who Loved Me by Quinn two years ago & rated it as “good”. Re-read it and…with Anthony’s character coming to life in the recent TV series (great acting), I rated it 5★. Loved it.
England’s Perfect Hero by Enoch- very good HR about one of the handsome Carroway brothers,
Robert, who has returned from the Napoleonic war & become a hermit. He meets Lucinda Barrett, a calm, smart young woman who gives him “love lessons” (Shades of Ian McKenzie in Jennifer Ashley’s book) 4★
More Than a Mistress* by Balogh…a fabulous HR about a grumpy, arrogant, handsome duke and a bold outspoken young woman. Great writing and characters. 5★.
Heartless by Balogh is a another 5★ read. Lucas Kendrick returns to England after 10 years in Paris as the new Duke of Harndon. Rejected by family, he is “heartless” but now reluctantly needs to start a family. Enter smart and capable Lady Anna. (cool stuff on men’s fashion)
* most titles from the HR guru Jan
Jan: Glad you’ve enjoyed these great HRs. I agree, they’re all well worth a read! I liked Lord Ruin too, controversy and all.
- Chicago Stars by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— Lisa M is hooked on this series!!
Lisa M: I’m now addicted to the Chicago series!! I’m about to start book 6 Natural Born Charmer. SEP is an amazing author!! I looked her up she’s 72!! Wow. Another book to come in this series. Thanks Mony for sharing!!!!
- Breath of Frost (Dark and Wicked Fae Book 2) by Cate Corvin <— LIVE!!
- Imdalind Ruby Collection: Books 1-3 by Rebecca Ethington <— BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!
- The Trouble With Love: An Age Gap Romance (The Forbidden Love Series Book 1) by Kat T. Masen <— LIVE!!
- Daughters of the Resistance: An utterly heart-wrenching World War Two historical novel by Lana Kortchik <— LIVE!! “…When Lisa’s train is intercepted by the partisans, Irina’s husband among them, these women’s lives will take an unimaginable turn. As Irina fights to protect her family and Lisa is forced to confront the horrors of war, together they must make an impossible decision: what would they be willing to lose to save the people they love?“
- One More Time by Eden Winters <— LIVE!!
- CAPTAIN: Black Ops MMA Book Three by D.M. Davis <— LIVE!!
- Liar’s Lullaby: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mazzeo Mafia Book 1) by Nicole Fox <— LIVE!!
- Rough by Scott Hildreth <— Harper recommends it and calls it a hidden gem!
Harper: I found a biker’s romance in a list of “hidden gems” on Goodreads that I really liked. It’s called Rough by Scott Hildreth. The cover is a big turn-off, but the story is super-fast pace, sweet and I had a good laugh. Totally worth it. I tried another book by this author and didn’t like it. It had no feeling and started with sex right away. But this one had a deeper meaning and made me want to try others and see if I find another “hidden gem”.
- A Light in Winter by N.J. Lysk <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Crown Of Fire: Eternal Flame Book Two (Eternal Flame Saga 2) by Sanam Asif <— LIVE!!
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh <— I MISSED THE SALE BUT JANIE FOUND IT FOR US so I thought I’d post it anyway. I LOVE that cover! “…people in Bridey’s idyllic village begin vanishing, and she finds an injured boy on the shore—an outsider who can’t remember who he is or where he’s from. Bridey’s family takes him in so he can rest and heal. In exchange for saving his life, he teaches Bridey how to master her fear of the water—stealing her heart in the process. But something sinister is lurking in the deep, and Bridey must gather her courage to figure out who—or what—is plaguing her village, and find a way to stop it before she loses everyone she loves…”
Janie: I’m not sure if anyone is interested in the genre, but Mira Grant’s Into The Drowning Deep (killer mermaids in the Mariana Trench)…
- When I Ran Away: A Novel by Ilona Bannister <—MICHELE G READ IT!! “…Ten years later, Gigi, now a single mother consumed with bills and unfulfilled ambitions, meets Harry, again by chance, and they fall deeply, headlong in love. But their move to London and their new baby–which Gigi hoped would finally release her from the past–leave her feeling isolated, raw, and alone with her grief. As Gigi comes face-to-face with the anguish of her brother’s death and her rage at the unspoken pain of motherhood, she must somehow find the light amid all the darkness…”
Michele G: I read When I Ran Away…very emotional read but quite good.
- Make it Sweet by Kristen Callihan <— RECENT RELEASE & ANGELA was loving it! And Michele G agrees!
Angela: I’m currently reading Make it Sweet by Kristen Callihan and loving it
Michele G: I’m still squeezing in some reading and Make It Sweet was a fun one…fyi.
Maryse: I LOVE that cover… thank you for letting me know it’s great on the inside too!!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Virgin Rule Book (Rules of Love 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!!
- One Wright Stand: A One-Night Stand Small Town Romance (Wright series) by K.A. Linde <— LIVE!!
- Falling Out of Hate with You: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Hate-Love Duet Book 1) by Lauren Rowe <— LIVE!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Words We Never Say by Heidi Dischler – April 18th 2021
- The Last Night in London by Karen White – April 20th 2021
- Hour of the Witch: A Novel by Chris Bohjalian – April 20th 2021
- State of Affairs by Marie Force – April 20th 2021
- The Son of Mr. Suleman: A Novel by Eric Jerome Dickey – April 20th 2021
- Autumn Night Whiskey (Tequila Rose Book 2) by Willow Winters – April 20th 2021
- Lodestone by Katherine Forrister – April 20th 2021
- Mirrorland by Carole Johnstone – April 20th 2021
- The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout – April 20th 2021
- Quit Bein’ Ugly (The Southern Gentleman Series Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 20th 2021
- The Perfect Daughter: A Novel by D.J. Palmer – April 20th 2021
- Lover Unveiled by J.R. Ward – April 20th 2021
- Chaos and Love: College Sports Romance Stand-Alone (Campus Hotshots Book 2) by Michelle A. Valentine – April 20nd 2021
- The Virgin Rule Book (First To Score 1) by Lauren Blakely – April 23rd 2021
- The Healing by Lynda Faye Schmidt – April 23rd 2021
- Broken French: A widowed, billionaire, single dad romance by Natasha Boyd – April 26th 2021
- Bad Intentions (Intentions Duet Book 1) by Ella Frank – April 26th 2021
- Mafia King: A Mafia Royals Novella by Rachel Van Dyken – April 27th 2021
- Finding Ashley: A Novel by Danielle Steel – April 27th 2021
- Find Me: A Novel by Alafair Burke – April 27th 2021
- Dark Desires (Black Hoods MC Book 4) by Avelyn Paige – April 27th 2021
- From the Embers by Aly Martinez – April 28th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!