In fact, I’ll be cooking one of Mony’s “three things” from Monday (Mony’s Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls) since I have two heads of cabbage in my fridge that I had no idea what to do with. It sounds SOOO YUMMY!!
P.S. I posted her recipe down below our book finds on this post, in case you feel like making it too.
Mony: Made unstuffed cabbage rolls last night…easy peasy. Was very good.
Maryse: Ohhh unstuffed cabbage rolls would be AMAZING!! My mom used to make actual cabbage rolls often when I was a kid and I didn’t like them much, but I know I’d love it now. Did you follow a certain recipe?
Mony: Hey Maryse, on Monday, you asked me about the recipe for Easy Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. …By the way, it’s gluten-free and keto. 🙂
Rochelle: Thanks Mony I will be making this is week!
Maryse: IT SOUNDS AMAZING!! I’m making it this weekend. Thank you my friend!!!! 😀 YAY!!! Thank you SO much. I have two whole cabbages in my fridge and now I know what I’m making this weekend. 😀
Also YAY Cauliflower rice!!! I can add that instead of real rice so I can remain Keto.
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 2 years ago, these were Jen’s favorites: Reader Recommendations – Jennifer S’s Favorite Dark Reads
- 3 years ago, I reviewed this one!! Book Review – Folsom by Tarryn Fisher & Willow Aster
- 4 years ago, I 4. STAR loved this one! P.S. I love everything by this author, and I can’t wait to jump into her latest release!! 😀 Book Review – The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- 5 years ago, we built this list ’cause our book crew here is CRAZY for her crazy intense dark stories!! Big reader recommendations on here —> The R. Lee Smith Book List
- 5 years ago, I was totally into this psych thriller – HOOKED, but then the crazy ending baffled me. Book Review – The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
- 6 years ago, OMG THIS BOOK!!!!!!! Book Review – Asking For It by Lilah Pace
- 7 years ago, this unique new adult romance had us swooooooning! Book Review – The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
- 8 years ago, I interviewed one of our favorites! Behind the Books – An Interview with Katja Millay
- 9 years ago, I discovered the addictiveness and pining of Karina Halle’s stories. This was my first one so don’t let my grade fool ya. I went CRAZY for this series after this one. 😉 Book Review – Darkhouse by Karina Halle
- 10 years ago, I was discovering rock star book boyfriends and losing my vampire interests… Book Review – Falling Star by Olivia Brynn
- 10 years ago, I loved this series but the last book… I was underwhelmeded. Book Review – Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- 11 years ago, this series was my absolute addiction! Book Review – Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Tryst Six Venom by Penelope Douglas <— LIVE!!! THE LATEST BY PENELOPE DOUGLAS!!! F/F ROMANCE!! “…Beautiful, smart, talented, popular, my skirt’s always pressed, and I never have a hair out of place. I own the hallways, walking tall on Monday and dropping to my knees like the good Catholic girl I am on Sunday. That’s me. Always in control. Or so they think. The truth is that it’s easy for me to resist them, because what I truly want, they can never be. Something soft and smooth. Someone dangerous and wild. Unfortunately, what I want I have to hide…”
- Perfect Blend (The Scottish Billionaires Book 7) by M. S. Parker <— LIVE!!!
- Her Dragon Savior (Awaken the Dragon Book 1) by Milly Taiden and Ava Hunter <— LIVE!!!
- Dating Damon: Older Woman Younger Man Age Gap Romance by Lucy Robin <— LIVE!!!
- A Gorgeous Villain by Saffron A. Kent <— LIVE!!! THE BAD BOY ANTIHERO ALERT!! The latest in the series (book #2) just went LIVE and Nancy and a few in our crew have been loving these!! P.S. It’s a Standalone novel and INCLUDES the prequel, The Wild Mustang & The Dancing Fairy.
Nancy: …Reed is called a villain or a hero, however you want to place him. He is both by the end of the book. …He is now among those in the top on my Book Alpha Male Bad Boys List.
- The Luminara Series: Box Set Volume 1: Lussuria – L’amore – Lucca’s Lust by SJ Molloy <— THREE BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! “…Sexy. Emotive. Suspenseful. Supercharged. Heartbreaking. Dark. Gritty. Twisted. Romantic. …The first three full-length instalments in The Luminara Series containing five-star reviewed – Lussuria, L’amore, and Lucca’s Lust. From Amazon bestseller SJ Molloy, The Luminara Series is a supercharged, sexy, thrilling, dark, tear-jerking page-turner. A multi-layered, complex, and well-developed series following Lexi and Lucca on their journey into the light. Emotional conflict, moral dilemmas, complexities, troubled pasts, and spine-chilling discoveries test Lucca and Lexi’s new relationship. Lucca will do everything to protect Lexi, but can he keep her safe and in his light when her past comes back to haunt her?…” P.S. The author is today’s newsletter sponsor and she’s giving away a $100 gift card plus a signed book and swag!!! COMMENT ON THIS POST TO ENTER —> SJ Molloy – The Luminara Series Reading Order + Fun Facts + a giveaway!
- Love’s a Glitch: A Meet-cute novel by Cindi Madsen <— LIVE!
- Summer in the Scottish Highlands: An utterly perfect feel-good romantic comedy by Donna Ashcroft <— LIVE!
- Converge (Shades of Trouble Book 2) by Kitty Cox <— LIVE!
- Dream Maker by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY SUPER-SALE ALERT!! 😃 She dances to pay her way through school, and he offers her protection… “…first she needs to come up with the money to pay for tuition. Working as a dancer at Smithie’s club seems like the perfect solution to her problems . . . until her family lands in yet another scrape and comes to Evie for help. Only, this time, her family’s recklessness is risking more than her dreams-it’s endangering her life. Daniel “Mag” Magnusson knows a thing or two about desperation and disappointment, but no one notices that his good looks and quick wit hide the painful memories that haunt him. When Evie’s family puts her in danger, Mag insists on offering Evie his protection…”
- Sold To The Hitman: Men of Ruthless Corp. by Logan Chance <— LIVE!!
- Garrett Brothers Series by Tracy Sumner <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE SERIES SALE!! All three books are super-bargain priced!! 😀 “…A gorgeous marine biologist. A sexy shipbuilder. A passionate single father. Three tormented brothers lose their hearts in these steamy historical southern treasures!”
- Mercer: A Dark Romance (Saint and Sinners Book 4) by Ruby Vincent <— LIVE!!
- How to Live Happily Ever After (Happy Ever Regency Book 7) by Bree Wolf <— LIVE!!!
- Accidental Love (Accidental Hook-Up Book 1) by Mia Ford <— LIVE!!!
- Fake by Kylie Scott <— RECENT RELEASE & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE WE HAVE MORE FEEDBACK!! JR LOVED THIS ONE!
JR: I read Fake by Kylie Scott and loved it! But then it is about a fake romance with a hot movie star – what’s not to like? There are several secondary characters that I hope get their own story. I can’t wait to ready them!
- Knocked up by the Mechanic by Mila Crawford <— LIVE!!!
- Accidental Knock Up: Brother’s Best Friend Pregnancy Romance (Happy Ever After Bad Boy Series) by Sloane Peterson <— LIVE!!!
- For Lucy by Jewel E Ann <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MICHELLE LOVED it too (and so is everyone it seems – so much AMAZING feedback!!)
MichelleS: Howdy ladies! I am finally off for the summer and ready to devour some great reads. I started with For Lucy, by Jewel E Ann. First, she is one of my one click authors. I just love everything she writes. And this one was no disappointment. Loved it.
- Forever Blue (The Weight of the Badge Book 2) by Kaylee Rose <— LIVE!!!
- One Night Stand with the Girl Dad by Tarin Lex <— LIVE!!!
- By a Thread: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy by Lucy Score <— ANOTHER FREQUENT RECOMMENDATION & MICHELLE AGREES!
MichelleS: After that, I needed something light to plug my tear ducts, so I read By a Thread, by Lucy Score… good old fashioned grumpy boss plot line, loved that one too.
Now… on to scour the blog for my next read.
- The Prenup by Lauren Layne <— LISA M LOVED THIS ONE!
Lisa M: I read the Prenup by Lauren Layne. Highly recommend it. Great writing. You know what’s going to happen but not how it gets there. Love my HEA’s
- Recursion by Blake Crouch <— TASHA J RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!! She’s my book twin and I love this author too!
Tasha J: omg is Recursion ever a total 🤯🤯🤯. Highly rec, even though I’m only almost finished!
I think it’s one you can’t help but not want to put down, but also, you shouldn’t bc I think I’d be lost if I read it here and there. Kind of like Dark Matter in that way.
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston <— MICHELE G ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Michele G: I also read and enjoyed Casey McQuiston’s One Last Stop…it was very good but I still like Red, White and Royal Blue better…just my opinion.
It had a little more of a sci-fi vibe which some people may like and others may not…It’s inventive, creative and very well-written though.
- Just Last Night by Mhairi McFarlane <— MUCH LOVED BY R. RENEE & MICHELE G!!
R. Renee: I finished Just Last Night a few days ago and ended up loving it. I wasn’t sure at first because it’s more women’s fiction than romance, but then the romance kicked in and swoon! (Leslie, maybe you’d like it?)
Michele G: I also loved Just Last Night!!! Life’s Too Short is also wonderful – enjoy it!! …Just Last Night …that Robin mentioned below was phenomenal as well. Probably my favorite so far by Mhairi McFarlane!!
R. Renee: JLN grows on you more and more after you finish it!
- Continuum by Danielle Allen <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!! “…Life is made of little interconnected moments. Any one decision can completely change the trajectory of your life. Yet somehow, you’ll still end up exactly where you’re supposed to be. Or at least, that’s how it happened for Aisha Young…”
- One Of A Kind Love by Christina Tetreault <— LIVE!!!
- Living at 40 (Lakeside Cottage Book 1) by L.B. Dunbar <— LIVE!!!
- A Shifter’s Sin (Wolves of Hawthorne Cove Book 1) by Debbie Cassidy <— LIVE!!!
- Savage in the Streets: A Grumpy Romantic Comedy (Savage in Love) by Lark Anderson <— LIVE!!!
- Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez <— R. RENEE LOVED THIS ONE!!
R. Renee: I started Life’s Too Short last night and could hardly put it down. Abby Jimenez has come a long way from The Friend Zone and I’m so glad I gave her another chance because that book is not my friend! 😆
Michele G: …you’re welcome for nudging you to give Abby Jimenez another chance with The Happy Ever After Playlist (swoon)…. 🙂
R. Renee: Yes, thank you… but I also remember you nudging me to finish The Friend Zone! 🤔🤨🤣🤣🤣
- A Girl Like You by Emma Burgess <— MONY ENJOYED THIS ONE!!
Mony: I seem to be drawn to British romcom books these days. I love how the Brits turn a phrase, use more vocabulary & Brit-speak “luv”… 🙂
After reading You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me, I read A Girl Like You by Emma Burgess.
It was a fun, light read…plus had a “love tutor” theme which I love. Naive girl in London & experienced kinda grumpy hot guy as her roommate. Gets better as the story develops…H is dreamy. Just what I needed. 4★
A couple more coming up…
- MONY’S RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ELA (’cause Ela is back and wants to read!! I missed her shouty caps so much 😂 ). P.S. I totally get a kick out of Mony’s “categories” 😉 :
Ela: OMG I THINK I’M READY TO START READING AGAIN! WHAT BOOK MUST I READ RIGHT AWAY AND NOT PART OF A SERIES UNLESS IT’S A CONTINUATION OF ONE OF MY LOVES!? WHERE ARE MY FELLOW BOOK &^%$?
Mony: Ela, picks from me & a friend…lots of fun… 😉✌️
– panty-melting, age-gap: Mr. Masters & Mr. Garcia
– those crazy crazy girls: Worth It by S. M. Shade
– there will be blood PNR: King Among the Dead by Lauren Gilley
– a little gift from heaven: Room 4 Rent by Shey Stahl
– dark taboo: Torment Me by by Annabel Joseph
– is there time for history when there’s a bed in our room: Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel
– “show me” doctor: The Sex Surrogate by Jessica Gadziala
– what the…, quirky: The Golden Pecker by Penelope Bloom
Jan: Hey Ela! Nice to hear from you. What about the new TJR, Malibu Rising?
MichelleS: For Lucy, by Jewel E Ann. Need Kleenex. Are you in that kind of mood?
- Stuck On You: The perfect laugh-out-loud romantic comedy for 2021 by Portia MacIntosh <— LUANNE RECOMMENDS THIS ONE FOR FANS OF MARIANA ZAPATA!!!
Luanne: I just finished STUCK ON YOU BY PORTIA MACINTOSH. Really well-written slow burn. Great premise and banter. I think the Zapata crowd would really like this one.
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry <— JR ALSO 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!! SHE’S BEEN A READING & RECOMMENDATION MACHINE this week. I love it!!
JR: I loved the People We Meet on Vacation – 5 stars! I especially liked how their story unfolded over time and we had the flashbacks of their previous vacations. I could have kept reading more about Poppy and Alex!
Michele G: I have to chime in about People We Meet on Vacation….Emily Henry is undoubtedly one of my favorite authors. I adored Beach Read. For me, PWMOV is probably my fave read of the year and that is saying a LOT because I’ve read a ton of very good books this year.
- Freed: Fifty Shades Freed as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian Book 3) <— ROCHELLE WANTS FEEDBACK PLEASE. She asks:
Rochelle: Freed: Fifty Shades Freed as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian Book 3)… I was so disappointed with the last two books and wanted to hear if any book buds have or are going to read this. The price is high and the few Amazon comments are coming in strong. 5 stars…
…So do I or don’t???? I am hoping your fans will post their comments on this book before I spend $7 plus.
- Writing the Rules: A Fake Dating Standalone by Mariah Dietz <— RECENT NEWSLETTER SPONSOR & JR ENJOYED IT!
JR: I enjoyed Writing the Rules! It was my first read by this author. It can be read as as standalone but there were some minor spoilers for other previous books in the series.
I hope to go back and read more of this college friend group!
- To Have and To Hold by Patricia Gaffney <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE & MONY 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!
Mony: A beautiful historical romance…new author to me!
To Have and To Hold by Patricia Gaffney – 5⭐
The story starts off slowly – you’ll need patience with the first 4-5 chapters. It’s a lovely complex slow burn romance between Lord D’Aubrey, an unrepentant and sensual rake, who rescues and hires Rachel, a recently released convict. She becomes his housekeeper at Lynton Great Hall where he becomes obsessed in controlling and seducing this beautiful “bruised” reticent woman.
The story is not only about how he changes Rachel over time – but about his own transformation and his intentions toward her.
- MONY’S EASY UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE:
Yes, here’s the recipe – keto & gluten free…
EASY UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
2 cups chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried marjoram or thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Can of tomato paste
1 cup of broth (veggie or beef)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons raisins (optional but so good)
1 medium head cabbage, cored and chopped (you can never have too much – it shrinks in the cooking)
OPTIONAL: If no need for gluten free or keto, add 1 to 1-1/2 cup of cooked rice)
Heat oil in a large pot, brown the meat for about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, marjoram or thyme, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir & cook for 5-7 minutes .
Add 1/4 cup water, broth, tomato paste & raisins. Cover and cook medium-low 25 minutes.
Add cabbage and cook 10-15 minutes, or until the cabbage is just tender. Stir 2-3 times.
If needed, add more broth and/or salt & pepper
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Pack Up the Moon by Kristan Higgins – June 8th 2021
- Complicated Parts: Book 3 of the Complicated Parts Series by Ashley Jade – June 8th 2021
- The Disappearing Act: A Novel by Catherine Steadman – June 8th 2021
- Rebel’s Karma (Dark Protectors Book 13) by Rebecca Zanetti – June 8th 2021
- A Dark and Secret Place: A Novel by Jen Williams – June 8th 2021
- The Virgin Game Plan (First To Score Book 2) by Lauren Blakely – June 9th 2021
- Million Dollar Demon (Hollows Book 15) by Kim Harrison – June 15th 2021
- Trusting the Badge (Arizona K9 Book 3) by Dorothy F. Shaw – June 15th 2021
- Grapes & Wrath: a forbidden romance (Forbidden Fruit) by Eve Cates – June 18th 2021 (priest!!)
- To Have Mercy by N. Nieto – June 18th 2021
- The Monster: A Mafia Romance by L.J. Shen – June 15th 2021
- Fate: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance (Full Moon Book 2) by Stacy Stone – June 18th 2021
- The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison – June 22nd 2021
- Dream Girl by Laura Lippman – June 22nd 2021
- Garkain: Book One of The Uluru Legacy Series by Anna J Walner – June 25th 2021
- Claimed (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 1) by J.R. Ward – June 29th 2021
- Murder at Sunrise Lake by Christine Feehan – June 29th 2021
- The Last Graduate: A Novel (The Scholomance Book 2) by Naomi Novik – June 29th 2021
- Survive the Night: A Novel by Riley Sager – June 29th 2021
- Ruin (Hawks MC (next generation) Book 2) by Lila Rose – June 29th 2021
- A Lot Like Love (Blue Moon Bay Book 1) by Jennifer Snow – June 29th 2021
- Kitty Kitty (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – June 29th 2021
- To Sir, with Love by Lauren Layne – June 29th 2021
- Carnal Urges (Queens & Monsters Book 2) by J.T. Geissinger – June 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!