HAPPY FRIDAY AND YAY!! ANOTHER READING WEEKEND for me. I have no plans but to relax and snuggle with my doggies and meal prep for the week. I’ve added all of the book recommendations so far this week, and am now I’m working on adding today’s new releases, so keep checking back. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out:
- Book Review – Five Years Gone by Marie Force <— SUPER-ANGSTY!!!! OMG I loved it!!
- Guess What? N.N. Britt’s Encore Series continues! Another Duet in it, and I have the duet cover reveal! <— TODAY’S NEWSLETTER SPONSOR! Remember how much we loved this duet? There’s MORE!!!
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 2 years ago, we wanted more of this trope! Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books featuring childhood friends to adult lovers
- 4 years ago, this forbidden one had everyone in a frenzy!! Book Review – Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins
- 5 years ago, this forbidden one ALSO had us in a frenzy! Book Review – All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- 6 years ago, I used to answer multiple readers question on video – but more like “book news” reader questions! Reader Questions… Answered (on video) – 08-20-15
- 7 years ago, we made this AMAZING list (check the comments too)!! Ten books that have stayed with me in some way…
- 7 years ago, this book shocked us, so I the author indulged us. 😉 An exclusive “Behind the Book” look with Claire Wallis: “Five Things I Learned While Writing PUSH”
- 8 years ago, we made this AMAZING list!! These books were so good, that we forgot to eat! Part one…
- 8 years ago, I 4.5 STAR WENT CRAZY for this one! Book Review – Exposure by Iris Blaire
- 9 years ago, we were cracking up over this book, and now it’s going to be a movie!! Book Review – Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
- 9 years ago, talk about a alpha-jerk Hero that infuriated many! And still, I gave it 4.5 stars: Book Review – The Dom of My Dreams by M.F. Sinclair
- 10 years ago, I 4 star reviewed this one! Book Review – Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Still Beating by Jennifer Hartmann <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LYNN & LINDA LOVED IT TOO!!!
Lynn: I have just finished reading Still Beating by Jennifer Hartmann and before that I read her latest release, The Wrong Heart. They were both incredible emotional reads! If you want to experience feels and epic love stories then these two books are a must read! This is a new author to me and I am so in love with her flawless writing and storytelling.
Linda: loved Still Beating. I’ll have to check out The Wrong Heart. Love high praise recommendations! Thank you.
Lynn: You wont be sorry, it was not dark like Still Beating but it had all the feels and you will fall in love, as well as cry your eyes out with this flawed and heartbreaking story of love! I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have read it 🙂
- Savior of Regrets: A Mafia Romance Standalone (Verona Legacy Book 4) by L A Cotton <— LIVE!! COLLEGE MAFIA ROMANCE!!! “…Caitlin O’Connell hides the scars of her past. Lost. Alone. Afraid. When she wakes up in the hospital, broken and bruised, Caitlin has no choice but to accept help from the Marchetti crime family… and the one guy she never thought she’d see again...”
- The King of Faerie (Stariel Book 4) by AJ Lancaster <— LIVE!!
- Playing For Keeps: A High School Sports Romance (Harlow Prep Book 2) by Kai Juniper <— LIVE!!
- A Star Crossed Fate (Great Plains Dragon Feud Book 4) by Emilia Hartley <— LIVE!!
- Immaculate Deception: A Russian Mafia Romance (Romanoff Bratva Book 1) by Nicole Fox <— LIVE!!
- Whiskey Dreams (On The Rocks Book 1) by Sam E. Kraemer <— LIVE!!
- We were Never Here by Andrea Bartz <— DAWN & TASHA J HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!
Dawn: Maryse!!!!! Have you had a chance to read We Were Never Here???? omg Im a third in and Im having the hardest time working! its so good! If you haven’t started it please do! So far it is amazing!
…oh its We were Never Here by Andrea Bartz.
Maryse: THIS IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!! Thank you, Dawn!! 😀
Tasha J: I read The Herd by her early last year I think and I loved it and this one as well!
It’s a thriller, but also, a drama I suppose. I kept thinking with the relationship between the two girls that it reminded me of Firefly Lane and only bc they were as close as sisters and went through a lot together. Also maybe a little codependent with one being more wild and confident than the other. But, while it was somewhat predictable, I was all in bc of that relationship.
- The Herd by Andrea Bartz <— SPEAKING OF AUTHOR ANDREA BARTZ, I just one-clicked this!!!
Tasha J: …it’s written so well and completely engrossing…. I love, love dramatic mystery/thrillers where you’re so stuck in the character’s heads, finding out their inter workings and what not, that the secrets and surprises are just thrilling bonuses to the book.
I went in blindly, because I look at so many books, I thankfully forgot the synopsis so it was even better for me. I guessed at everything from the very beginning and that is one of my favorite parts. …loved The Herd, I hope you enjoy!
- Allured: A Turner Family Novel (Turner Family and Friends Book 1) by MzSassytheAuthor <— LIVE!!! MOST ELIGIBLE BACHELOR & SHE’S SECRETLY CRUSHING ON HIM! “...Book Editor Chelsea Stone receives an invite to her estranged sister’s wedding. Dreading to go, she seeks the advice of her best friend, who prompts her to ask Jacen, her long-time secret crush, to accompany her. Jacen accepts Chelsea’s invitation to her sister’s wedding with her also agreeing to become his date for the calendar events. Assuming Chelsea is a safe choice, Jacen feels he is in no danger of her plotting to become the next Turner wife…”
- Broken Hero: A Single Mom Scarred Hero Romance (Blue Mountain Lake Book 1) by Elisa Leigh <— LIVE!!
- A Spark of Promise: Fires of the Fae, book two (Fires of the Fae Series 2) by Erin O’Kane <— LIVE!!
- Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar <— KATHY & MONY BOTH RECOMMEND ONE OF MY 5-STAR FAVORITES!
Mony: Mists of the Serengeti. by Leylah Attar – Wow, I had no idea this book was SO GOOD. A gorgeous slow burn romance between Rodel, a young British woman & Jack, a coffee plantation owner set in Tanzania. It’s also an adventure through that country’s landscape, describing its wild animals, peoples, culture. (Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti) Beautifully written book. 5+★
Kathy: Mists of Serengeti is one of my top three of books I recommend. The writing is so beautiful. I am not a book highlighter, but I definitely did in this book. So many wonderful passages.
Maryse: I LOVED it too!!! She’s an incredible writer and that one kept me on the edge of my seat!! Here’s my 5-STAR Book Review.
- Entwined (Stone and Cinder Book 1) by A.L. Morrow <— LIVE!! FANTASY ROMANCE!! “...Growing up, Ashling Glasby’s father cautioned her about the dark creatures—actual nightmares brought to life—dwelling beyond the barrier arc. Her father taught her to fear, fight, and guard against them. And when he wandered into the Winter Woods, driven mad by those beasts outside, he left her with a bitter stepmother and one final warning: the monsters would attack one day. That day comes the night of Prince Callum’s ball. In need of an heir by blood, he and his husband are searching for a woman to join their relationship…“
- Midnight Eclipse (The Chronicles of Heaven’s Curse Book 1) by Kalverya Johansson <— LIVE!!
- A Dance with the Fae Prince (Married to Magic) by Elise Kova <— LIVE!!
- Dragon Mate (The Hidden King Book 1) by Jen L. Grey <— LIVE!!
- Alien Enslaved Rebellion II: Battleground Earth by Kaitlyn O’Connor <— LIVE!! ALPHA-ALIENS!! Sounds like reverse harem 😉 “…Enya wasn’t sure of what the trio of alien men had in mind when they grabbed her and hauled her aboard their ship. But she told them she was sure they didn’t want her for whatever it was they had in mind. The Commander, Bastin, assured her she was perfect for what they had in mind…“
- Lovebug by Erin Mallon <— MONY ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Mony: Lovebug by Erin Mallon – Great summer read – witty, funny, quirky & lots of banter (yup, I belly laughed). Chick lit cover isn’t quite a match for this book- not that fluffy. Oh, and the H. is awesome!! 4★
- Pretty Venom (Gray Springs University) by Ella Fields <— AIMEE LOVED THIS RESPONSE from a recent reader question!!
Aimee: Just finished Pretty Venom!! So good!! I shed a few tears with that one!! Thanks for the recommendation!!!
- The Apology Project by Jeanette Escudero <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!
Elizabeth: Just finished The Apology Project by Jeanette Escudero. Loved it!!
Aimee: I just finished flip trick and I want to say OMG!! I WANTED TO PUNCH MADDOX!!! THE ONLY THING that didn’t make sense was the last few chapters…. If it wasn’t for that I would have loved it!, the story line was good one till then…
Ashley: This book was so good! I was looking for a 90s skateboarding vibe when I found it and I loved it!
- Knights Corrunption MC series by S. Nelson <— BIKER SERIES & SUNNY LOVED IT!
Sunny: I love love love the knights corruption series! All the books are amazing, but Stone is my favorite, and even the next generation is amazing. Love that series!
- TM Frazier <— SHARON LOVES THIS AUTHOR! AND SO DO WE!! 😀
Sharon: I will say that anything TM Frazier writes is amazing. Lawless & Souless, King & Tyrant, and of course Preppy’s books are the best of the bunch. But I will read anything she writes. She has become my favorite author! She writes the best stuff!
- The Shadow by James Patterson <— BETH LOVED IT!
Beth: Just got through reading The Shadow by James Patterson! Excellent read!
- Enchanting: A Small-Town Romance (Starting Over Book 1) by Gracie-Mae Harding <— LIVE!! SHE’S ON THE RUN FROM HER ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND! “…She knows that if he were to find her, he would kill her.She takes the bus until she hits the quaint town of Plains, Montana. Daphne decides that she must create a new identity if she wants to be safe, so she calls herself Lana. There, a sweet florist named Loralie takes pity on her and gives her a job, and introduces her to her handsome son, Max...”
- Chosen by Blood: A Paranormal Romance (Court of Magic: Vampires of Mist Book 1) by Lacey Carter Andersen and Melanie Grey <— LIVE!!
- ZACH: A Rockstar Instalove Romance (Love & Rock ‘N’ Roll Book 2) by Mazzy King <— LIVE!!
- Stranger Crush : a small town alpha romance (The Crush Series) by Addison Grace <— LIVE!!
- Cold Hearted Bachelor by Logan Chance <— LIVE!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND REJECTED HER... “...he was the first to break my heart. Now I’m grown up, with grown up stalker problems, and the last thing I care about is Vaughn James and his irresistible self. When my brother asks Vaughn to renovate my shamble of a new home, I’m forced to spend time with him…”
- Crooked Crows: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Gang Romance (Boys of Briar Hall Book 1) by Elena Lawson <— LIVE!!
- Fractured Trust: A Fractured Rock Star Romance by L. M. Dalgleish <— LIVE!!
- Find Me (WITSEC Book 1) by Ashley N. Rostek <— LIVE!!
- The Surrender Series Box Set: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Zoe Blake <— LIVE!!
- Until Delilah by Harlow Layne <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS ABUSED! “…After seeing her fading bruises and split lip, my protective instincts kick in and I know I would do anything to keep them safe. But she keeps pushing me away, afraid her secrets will put me in danger. My whole life I’ve grown up hearing about the boom. I wasn’t sure my time would come… Until Delilah…”
- Dominant Nature (Decadent Sins Book 1) by Linzi Basset <— LIVE!!
- Clawless: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (Hunter Moon Academy Book 2) by Simone Leigh Martin <— LIVE!!
- Wolf and the Fox (Willow River Shifters Book 1) by Lola Gabriel <— LIVE!!
- Wicked Kings MC New York Chapter : MC Romance Age Gap (Wicked Kings MC Boxset Book 1) by Autumn Summers <— LIVE!!
- Finding Prince Charming by Nikki Ash <— LIVE!!
- The Bleeding Hearts Series by Dylan Page <— BROKEN BOOK BOYFRIEND ALERT! BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Franzisca loves it too! She recommends the “hero” as a perfect broken book boyfriend:
Franzisca: Shay from Dylan Page’s Torment. You hate to love him or you love to hate him … it was both because he is extremely nuts, obsessed and a psychopath… but it was interesting the way Dylan Page showed him to us through the heroines eyes and then he was suddenly redeemable (but everyone has limits 😉 …)
- Hunted (Without You Book 1) by C. A Mariah <— LIVE!! HE GETS OUT OF PRISON!! “…Life behind bars wasn’t hard. Did it have its challenges? F**k yeah, but life was full of those before prison. After serving three consecutive years, I’m out and am ready to start my life somewhere far from home. But I have some things to take care of before that happens. I step back into my old life, ready to walk right out when my past comes snapping in my face, but when I’m offered a chance to get what I really want, the opportunity to see her again, my plan changes. Now all that matters is her. My angel. My Amira…”
- The Boy I Love to Hate : A Sweet YA Prep School Romance (Hallisburg Prep Book 1) by Emily Lowry <— LIVE!!
- Dawn Unearthed (Ravenwood Coven Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— LIVE!! CARRIE ANN RYAN ALERT!! SHE DOESN’T BELIEVE SHE’S A WITCH!! “…The moment Sage Reed makes her way to Ravenwood, she knows the small town lives up to its mystical lore—even if she doesn’t believe that she’s a witch. After losing her husband, she’s ready for change, and her aunt’s bookstore affords the perfect opportunity…”
- Firefighter Dragon’s Doctor Mate: A Dragon Shifter Romance (Firefighter Dragons of the Secret Islands) by Alicia Banks <— LIVE!!!
- Next Landing (Hope Landing Romantic Suspense Book 7) by Edie James <— LIVE!!!
- The Twelve Horizons of Charlie – Ruby by Melody Anne <— LIVE!!!
- The Boy and His Ribbon duet by Pepper Winters <— LINDA JUST DISCOVERED & WENT CRAZY FOR IT!
Linda: Has anyone else read The Boy and His Ribbon duet!?? Such an engrossing and unique story!! I wasn’t prepared for how bittersweet!! Can’t remember the last time a book made me sob so hard!! Maybe The Nightingale?
Maryse: Hi Linda!! That series was HUGE here on the blog for awhile. Oh YESSSS. SO MUCH love for it!!! 😀 Glad you discovered it too.
Sara: Oh my! The Boy and His Ribbon Series, I think is one of my all time top 10 books ever!
MichelleS: A Boy and His Ribbon…. forbiddeny & so so good!
- The Turning Point by Freya North <— THIS BOOK MADE JAN SLAM IT SHUT for a moment!! I LOVE THAT!
Jan: The Turning Point by Freya North. I was rocking along enjoying the read when whaaaaaa???????
I did love that book and one day intend to read it again. I’ll know what”s coming this time though LOL.
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Dawn Unearthed (Ravenwood Coven Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Game Changer (Field Party) by Abbi Glines – August 24th 2021
- Where I Left Her: A Novel by Amber Garza – August 24th 2021
- Winning With Him (Men of Summer Duet Book 2) by Lauren Blakely – August 27th 2021
- Having Rosenfeld (Rosenfeld Duet Book 2) by Leighann Hart – August 28th 2021
- There Was an Old Woman by June Summers – August 30th 2021
- Suicide Season (House of Von Aster Book 1) by Yolanda Olson – August 30th 2021
- True Dead (Jane Yellowrock Book 14) by Faith Hunter – August 31st 2021
- Breaking Badger (The Honey Badger Chronicles Book 4) by Shelly Laurenston – August 31st 2021
- The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle – August 31st 2021
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang – August 31st 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!