Maybe this should be a “Saturday Reader Favorites” post (since it’s along those lines), but I’m too excited about this list, that I can’t wait to put it up.
Plus it’s Monday and we need to kickstart our week with “tried and true” book favorites. Not just “reader favorites” but THE KIND of favorite books that are loved SO much, that our fellow readers would buy these for their very best friend. NOW THAT is a recommendation, indeed!
Let’s play in the list, shall we? Oh!!! And don’t forget to let me know which book you’d buy for a friend, in the comments.
- At Peace (The ‘Burg Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— This one put Rose in a book fog! “One of my “fog” books that I raved about was “At Peace” by Kristen Ashley (probably a few of hers actually-wink)” and Lori agrees! “Anything by KA! I love descriptions that transport you into the book universe and you feel like you know them all personally (which is a KA specialty). And if they are uber long, well that is just a bonus.” and Minha agrees, too! “I also fell in love with everything written from Kristen Ashley. I would buy all her books to all my friends if I could !!!! ” GAH!! I LOVED Joe!! (my review)
- The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 1) by Paullina Simons <— Maria wants all of her friends to read this one! “I would make all my friends read The Bronze Horseman Series by Paullina Simons!” (one of the absolute best! Agreed! My review)
- Susanna Kearsley <— Corinne recommends: “Any book by Susanna Kearsley.”
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell <— Helen chooses this awesome one! “I would give ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell to everyone. I freaking love that book!” (my review)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein <— This is Kathy’s choice! “The Art of Racing in the Rain by Gareth Stein. We have a sick doggy at home so this one has been on my mind lately.”
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by Jamie McGuire <— Teresa chooses this one, and you ALL know I’m RIGHT THERE WITH HER!! LOL! “Beautiful Disaster hands down is the best book I’ve ever read and would buy for all of my book friends and family. However, since I pretty much forced them all to read it right after I did, I’m pretty sure they already all have a copy. Lol” and Minha agrees! “Beautiful Disaster is still my favorite. And it was also the reason I found your blog, since I was searching for what to read after it…” and Susan, too! LOL! “As soon as I got your recommendation for Beautiful Disaster, I one-clicked it on Amazon. Before I even finished it , I gifted a copy to my BFF, and then when we both finished it, we told everyone we knew!!!!!!” Anita too! “Beatuful disaster is the first book I tell everyone to read” (my review)
- Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James <— Tina’s going with another favorite! “I have to go old school. It would be 50 Shades!!” and Marit agrees! “My favourite has to be 50 shades though. I’m supporting Tina on that one ” Lauren too! “I live in Alabama & my family is made up of A LOT of Southern Baptists….but I REALLY REALLY wanted my mom & sisters-in-law to read 50 Shades of Grey after I read & fell in love with it….I ended up having to gift the entire box set to a few of them (MOM & oldest brother’s wife were hardest to turn to the dark side). They all read….they all loved….& I finally had someone to talk to about the books!!!”
(heck yes!! Me tooooooo! my review)
- The Siren: The Original Sinners Book 1 (The Original Sinners Series) (The Original Sinners Series) by Tiffany Reisz <— Elle wants to give this one to friends! “I would definitely buy a copy of The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reisz to every one of my friends, if I didn’t already know the subject matter would appall some of them ” and Diane agrees: “I agree with Elle about The Siren but I wouldn’t give it away either because of subject matter. I would give away Outlander series.” SO MANY loved this series BIG TIME. I need to catch up but I did enjoy book #1. Here’s my review.
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— Susie’s favorite is also mine! “Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley is must for EVERYONE!!!” (my review)
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— Eduarda recommends this one! “the book i would recommend is after I do by Taylor Jenkins Reid, I love her writing stile. It doesn’t just become another book on the ‘read-shelf.’ It’s in a league of its own, and no matter how much time passes, the profound impact it’s made on me won’t diminish. This is one of THOSE books: the kind that will get you out of a book rut, continue your book roll, and is filled with the most meaningful quotes you won’t be able to stop highlighting.” (I LOVED IT! my review)
- Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3) by J.R. Ward <— Julia loves the same one I do! “I would recommend “Lover Awakened” by J.R. Ward. I’ve reread it many, many times. You don’t even have to like vampire books to appreciate this story. LOVE IT!!!!” and BN agrees! “…would recommend a book in the BDB series” (my review)
- Acheron: A Dark-Hunter Novel (Dark-Hunter Novels Book 11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— Tessa chooses this one! “Alright, book that I want to buy for everyone would be Acheron. …that book put me in such a book fog the first time I read it that I read it again right away.” AGREED!! This one was fantastic, over 700 pages, and while it may be in the middle of the entire series, SO many started with this book, and then read the rest of ’em. (here is my review)
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski <— Kat’s choice! “…the book I shoved at everyone including my husband after reading was The Edge of Never.” YES!! This one had me shaking, I was SO into it. In fact I declared it as one my most favorite books EVER. Kat! I’m dying to know if your husband read it? (my review)
- Reapers Motorcycle Club Series by Joanna Wylde <— Shawn wants her friends to read this one! “Oh my gosh it’s so hard to pick just one book I love so many that I read!!! I guess I will go with a recent read which is the Reapers Motorcycle Club Series which Kandace recommended to me. I just finished book 2 and I’m loving the series! I got about 5 people to read the first one so far!!!” (so good and gritty! my review)
- Sempre by J.M. Darhower <— Jessica says: “I would buy Sempre for all my friends b/c its a favorite” Loved it!! (my review)
- Perfect Chemistry (A Perfect Chemistry Novel Book 1) by Simone Elkeles <— Inga loved this one! “The book I wanted everyone to read was Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles. Loved the depth of the story, the realistic setting and behavior by all the characters.” Oh I remember how HUGE this series was when I first got into indie!!!
- Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1) by Diana Gabaldson <— Cheryl’s choice! “One of the books that I would buy for all my friends would be Outlander. Something for everyone…romance, history, sci-fi (time-travel)!!” and Jeannie agrees! “I have told everyone I know to read Outlander – one of my favorite series ever!” and MichelleF says this one, too! “The first book that comes to mind for me is Outlander. I’ve been telling people for years to read that series!” YES!!! One of the BEST! (my review)
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— Nancy has already gifted this one to friends! “The Vixen & the Vet was the 1st Katy Regnery Book I read & made me a fan of her writing. I gifted copies to my close book buddies whether they wanted a copy or not!”
- The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel by Katja Millay <— Amy bought this for a family member! “I bought my niece a copy of The Sea Of Tranquility because I felt it was a must read. I want to get her Hopeless and Slammed too.” Another one of my absolute favorites!! In fact all of these that she listed are my favs!! All of my reviews are linked in her quote. 😀
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves <— Angie’s choice! “On the Island – I made my whole book club read that one. Sigh….loved it.” and Patricia agrees! “My sister blamed me because she only had a few hours of sleep. She couldn’t put the book down!” Yep! Another favorite. (my review)
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— Alicia says: “The book I would want everyone to read is Outlander with Thoughtless right behind it” and Sarah agrees: “Thoughtless (the first book I read on recommendation from your blog and I’ve been hooked on this genre ever since)” (LOVED IT! my review)
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred <— Amy’s choice! “I would say Sweet Gum Tree because it’s a “safe” one for everybody (I know not everyone likes to have their heart pummeled ) and my other safe faves, SoT and EoN, were already mentioned. So that’s mine…Sweet Gum Tree! ” Another perfect read! Here’s my review.
- Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— And this is AmyB’s choice! “As for the book I’d buy for all my friends: it’d be by Colleen Hoover — either “Slammed’ or “Hopeless” because both are amazing stories. Gah! My heart squeezes when I think of her books!” Of course!!! (my review)
- The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— MichelleS would buy this one! “The book I’d make everyone read is Golden Dynasty – because when I see how few people have reviewed it on Amazon compared to some other books I just ask myself “why”? It has such a weird blurb and I avoided it for so long and then when I did read it I couldn’t stop talking about it.” and Jean agrees! “any book by Kristen Ashley. She tells a romance like no other.” Tina is right there with them! “You asked what book made me want to buy it for a friend? Kirsten Ashley’s The Golden Dynasty. Love, love, love, love it!” LOVED! (my review)
- The Pact by Karina Halle <— Jacqueline chooses this one! “I’ve got all of my reader friends to buy The Pact by Karina Halle. Some have moved on to her other books, some have only stuck with the contemporary stuff. Either way, her books are awesome.” (my review)
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata <— Niki’s choice! ” I would recommend Kulti to all of my friends!! I just love that book so hard ” (my review)
- Knight in Shining Suit: Get Up. Get Even. Get a better man by Jerilee Kaye <— Darhmey says: “The books I’d buy for my friends are: knight in shining suit by Jerilee Kaye (already got most of my friends to read it and they loved it), the psy changeling series by Nalini Singh, The Golden Dynasty and With Everything I Am, both by Kristen Ashley and many more…….”
- Carolina Cold Fury Hockey Series by Sawyer Bennett <— Tina would buy these for her friends! “The men of the Cold Fury by Sawyer Bennett. I love hockey men!”
- Fair Game (All’s Fair Book 1) by Josh Lanyon <— Ashley likes this author! “I’ve been trying to spread Josh Lanyon’s books to the masses recently.”
- R. C. Ryan <— Lisa loves this author! “…would recommend any of R C Ryan’s trilogies as well for those that like the tamer stuff.”
- Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan <— This is Patty’s choice! “There is no denying it that “Undeniable” is breathtakingly hot!” and Kelly agrees! “There is no denying it that Undeniable is the best biker book. Loved it.” (my review)
- Try (Temptation Series Book 1) by Ella Frank <— Heidi likes to share the love for this! “I had to share the Ella Frank series Try, Take, and Trust. Taboo topic, but excellent love story!”
- Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1 by Karen Marie Moning <— Jennifer had her whole book club read this! “…for book love… KMM’s Fever series! Love it got my Bookclub to read the first book….some read the whole series!” HECK YES!!!! (my review)
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon <— MichelleF wants to buy this one for her friends! “Most recently, I wanted to buy a copy of Making Faces for all my book friends and family. Making Faces is one of those books that really stays with you in a quiet yet deep way.” (LOVED it too! My review)
- The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen <— Chanté was ecstatic over this one! “I would recommend The Ground Rules by Rita Carmen to EVERYONE!!! It was Amazing!! It totally gave me every single emotion on the emotion wheel. I felt. I laughed. I cried. I laughed while I cried. Also my cousin hasn’t read it yet cause we were supposed to read it together but I couldn’t wait.” (another favorite of mine! my review).
- The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— One of Sarah’s favorites: “The Travelling Man (read recently, twice, and loved).” (my review)
- Prince of Shadows: A Novel of Romeo and Juliet by Rachel Caine <— Skyla gave this one to family! “I gave two copies of Prince Of Shadow, A Romeo and Juliet novel to my niece and older sister. I’m a book junkie and my niece followed my lead after practically growing up as my book side kick<3. As for my sister, well, she used to like reading as much as I did, until she got married then she was a goner for the real world..(it doesn’t mean I’m giving up on her.. So I gave her a copy too).“
- Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh <— Skyla also gave this one to her niece! “…my niece just turned 16 last week too.. So, guess what I gave her, (DRUM ROLL!!!!! AND I had a lot of thinking to do too.. SO many good books)…Nalini Singh, Psy-Changling Collections..I couldn’t help it, everyone should have the full collections…(If you don’t, you are soooo out of the book clubs:( … The latest one is Aidan’s.. Shards of Hopes; I know, it’s probably still too mature for her, but I’ve had this series… and totally love it still. She’d asked me about the book like ten times since I got Slave To Sensation, soooo…..)…”
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon <— Bridget says this one! “I would love to buy a copy of Law of Moses by Amy Harmon for all my friends!! It was awesome!”
- Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec <— Doris got a kick out of this one! “Seductions and Snacks by Tara Sivec so funny. I’d make sure they read all in the series.” (my review)
- Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn <— Debbie says this one! “Asked my husband to read the first chapter of Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn … he took the book to work with him and finished it in a week and he doesn’t read a lot at all. I would give that book to all my book friends!” (my review)
- Afterlife Saga by Stephanie Hudson <— Marit recommends Fifty Shades but also says: “The Afterlife Saga is a good number two”
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan <— Lisa goes crazy over a bunch of ’em! All my favorites. 😉 “I would recommend (and have often) Colleen Hoovers Slammed series and Maybe Someday and one of my favourites, How To Kill a Rockstar. Oh and Archers Voice or anything Mia Sheridan writes. xx” and Debra agrees! “I give and make everyone get Archer’s Voice, before that it was Beautiful Disaster and Slammed!!!!”
(my reviews are linked in her recommendations. Can you tell I loved ’em all, too?). 😀
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1) by Tarryn Fisher <— Jean loves a bunch of my favs, too! “Too many books I love! Sea of Tranquility, Surviving Raine, Opportunist series, Captive in the Dark, and Fishers Light have been the most recent recommendations by me! Oh and Tristan and Danika!!!!!!!” (I reviewed ’em so I linked ’em up in her recommendation).
- Needing Moore Series Boxed Set by Julie A. Richman <— Bonnie loved this one! “My book fog was because of the Needing Moore series by Julie Richman. Could not put it down and recommended it to everyone I know that likes to read.”
- In the Company of Killers Series by J.A. Redmerski <— Kelly says this one! “…to get my friend and my sister to read my favorite books/series. If I had to pick just one, because there were so many, it would probably be either the Sempre series or In the Company of Killers series…could not get enough!” (my review)
- Beyond Series Bundle (Books 1-3) by Kit Rocha <— Kim loved a few of our favs! “Thank goodness there is plenty of great material out there. But series I’d recommend – hard to narrow down. Carnage gutted me, Outlander completely takes me out of the present, and Kit Rocha’s Beyond series to name a few. I know, all over the place here 🙂“
- Sensations Collection Series by L.B. Dunbar <— Shelly says this one! “I would say that I wanted to by my friends any of the books from the Sensations Collection Series by LB Dunbar because all of them were fantastic. I love her writing. Thank you again.“
- Gabriel’s Inferno Trilogy by Sylvain Reynard <— Jennifer says: “I’ve begged my friends to read Ugly Love and the Gabriel’s Inferno series.”
- Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— And this one, too! Me too!! (my review)
- Signal Bend Series Series by Susan Fanetti <— Georgia loves many of the same ones we do (up there) but also suggested this one! “By far the best MC series I’ve read thus far – Signal Bend Series – Susan Fanetti. Real, Raw and Simply amazing. You have to read it in its entirety. BOXES of tissues are a must nearby.”
- Bright Side by Kim Holden <— Maria says this one! “There were so many awesome books mentioned before which I really like a lot too. But my most favorite book I would give to my friends would be Bright Side by Kim Holden.” (my review)
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series by Gail McHugh <— Jennifer chooses this! “The book I wanted to buy everyone was The Ground Rules and Amber to Ashes both of them are exceptional, angsty, amazing reads!”
- Rock Chick Series by Kristen Ashley <— Yvonne is another Kristen Ashley fan! “Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick series. A friend I work with at my college lent me her series on the last day of the semester. She said “call me when you’re finished.” I snorted and said it would be when we came back for fall. I called her eight days later, and she laughed at me. I’ve since returned her books, bought my own set, and have passed the ebooks on to others. Everyone who has gal pals needs to share the hot bunch!“
- NOCTE (The Nocte Trilogy Book 1) by Courtney Cole <— Oh YAY!!! Melanie has a few for us!! “As far as gifting books…. Nocte – love that book and am still waiting ever so patiently for a recipient to read it! And now it will also be Bright Side (fave I’ve read this year).
- With the Father by Jenni Moen <— Melanie also says this one! “Also, With the Father – that book still has a little piece of my soul.”
- Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel by Ella James <— KFerrell loved it! “I would gift SLOTH to all my friends!! All the feels!! All the steam! All the hanging on the edge of the page!”
- Twilight (The Twilight Saga Book 1) by Stephenie Meyer <— Chelsea ends us off with the one that started SO many of our reading addictions! “I have to admit, I gifted Twilight to over a dozen people back when it came out. It started a reading frenzy amongst my friends — some who hadnt read a book in years! It was the coolest book fog for all of us and we all just kept passing the books to new people. Then that same group of girlfriends moved to 50 Shades and created a whole different kind of book fog! Lol!” HECK YES!!! (my review)
I look at some of these dark and some of these erotic books and wonder what my friends would think if I started handing them out.
OMG! best list ever!!!! Must keep this one!
I see this list and picture Bev handing out WiR on the street corner – with a free sample of ice cream or something!! LOL.
You guys are who i share it with, this is my street corner. Honestly my friends do not read quit as much and no real romance, not that WiR really fits that. I don’t even talk about these books except on here.
But seriously. Maryse I dare you to pick a random friend and gift them the Siren. Just with a card “Thinking of You”. Double Dog Dare you!
Bev, I’m with you. I LOVED the Siren, and most of that list up there, but only talk to you ladies about it.
I gifted Fearless to my friend Stephanie, & she liked it so much she paid it forward to another friend.
I love this list! I’ve read a lot of them up there and agree those are a lot of my favorites and most all of them that I haven’t are on my tbr list! I have to say though ‘no tijan, fallen crest?!’ Lol! I know a bunch of you went crazy over them and brought them up with the newest release and I must admit I read the first back in 2012 and went crazy over it, constantly checking back to see when the next was coming out reading teasers and such, and then I kind of forgot about it after a while and moved on. Well all you guys’ hype inspired me to go back and re read and i couldn’t stop after that! Haha I read all of them but the newest back to back! That series is like book crack. Lol
Anyway it’s so hard to choose just one! I really love John green’s stories or Karina Halle’s EIT series. But one series that I’m just dying for someone to read is Julie Moffett’s Lexi Carmichael series. The whole series because they get better and better after every book. It has everything, romance, mystery, suspense, great supporting characters, geeks, and more of a smart humor. *kind of Stephanie plum but better in my opinion mixed with a little Big Bang theory maybe haha I don’t know how else to describe it.
One I’d buy for a friend… Beautiful Player. (Book 4 of the Beautiful Bastard Series) The combo writing team of Christina Lauren hit another grand slam out of the park with the novel dedicated to master player Will Sumner. When mostly innocent and awkward Hanna Bergstrom, (little sister to one of his best friends growing up) asks him to teach her how to be more like him… my heart ached right along with theirs as I read some of this book peeking out from between my fingers and my stomach clenched from giggling…or angst, I’m not sure which!
I didn’t mention FCH because, seriously? It’s free. Why pay for it. 😛 I don’t really have anyone around who’d read romances like I do. Acheron, that works. I can give it to non-romance readers, and it really makes my heart ache. I actually gave my paperback copy to a friend to get her to read it.
Amazing list! I would add A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux.
Wonderful list! I’ve already read a couple and most are on my TBR list.
Ooh this is a great list!! I’ve made a note of quite a few books I’ve yet to read!
I think Jean and I would get on swimmingly because The Opportunist is probably my number one! I have a 4 copies of the paperback (shhh, they’re all different and absolutely needed) and my unsigned version of the newest edition is purely for lending/forcing friends and family to read. They may hate me for my pushy persistence initially but they’ve all thanked me once they’ve read it!! lol.
Grey, I loved Beautiful Player too. It was my favorite of the Beautiful Bastard Series. The dichotomy of the quirky, smart but inexperienced girl with the experienced, big brother’s friend… Loved that one! I think I even reread it…
Wow, great list! I may have to switch up my reading order now!! This is the best way to find new, great reads. Thank you all so much… I foresee great book-hangovers in my future 🙂
For me… I think for a guy it would be A Song of Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones) and for a gal I’d have to agree with many above and go with Outlander. Then again… Wuthering Heights is exceptional too!
I love this list… Thank you Maryse….
I love, love, love A Different Blue by Amy Harmon. Her BEST book and I’ve read them all!!!!!
I LOVE THIS LIST!!!! I really enjoy seeing everyone’s recommendations and comments. I know why certain characters or stories have resonated with me or which authors I gravitate toward, but it’s really interesting to read other peoples’ reactions and see what books they would suggest! Great job on this one Maryse!
Thank you MichelleF!!!
It was MUCH fun to put together. I mean these books must rock something big, if they are the “chosen” ones for a friend. YES!!! 😀
I have to “favorites”/” bookmark” this list. So many of my favorites. So many yet to be my favorites. 🙂