9:21am UPDATE: IT’S READY & IT’S AWESOME! HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! Time to build today’s awesome “Friday Finds” list, so keep checking back as I add more. Make sure to let me know if I missed an awesome one. 🙂
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 1 year ago today, I interviewed this author! Behind the Books – An interview with author Tiffanie DeBartolo
- 2 years ago, these were Rochelle’s picks! Reader Favorites – Rochelle’s Top Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago, these were Joy’s favs! Reader Favorites – Joy’s Top Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago, these were Rebecca’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Rebecca’s Top Books of 2018 List
- 2 years ago, we made this awesome list! Audiobook Addiction Reader Recommendations Part 3
- 3 years ago, I reviewed this one: Book Review – When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
- 5 years ago, I went CRAZY for this one: Book Review – Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar
- 5 years ago, I was also pretty crazy for this one!! Book Review – The Memory Watcher by Minka Kent
- 5 years ago, I (and we) had a confession to make. 😉 Funny Book Confession… Why I’m a book hoarder.
- 6 years ago, this crazy one took my breath away! Book Review – Low by Mary Elizabeth
- 6 years ago, this one was pretty great too!! Book Review – The Baller by Vi Keeland
- 6 years ago, this one gave me relief (but these must be read in order!!) Book Review – Here to Stay by Suanne Laqueur
- 7 years ago, a different kind of recommendation: Author K.A. Linde shares her favorite books…
- 7 years ago, I 5-STAR loved it! Book Review – The Girl On the Train by Paula Hawkins
- 8 years ago, we went 5-STAR crazy for this one! So unique!!! Book Review – Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
- 8 years ago, we wanted more like this… Younger Man, Older Woman Romance Book List
- 8 years ago, this moody Hero also rocked my world! Book Review – Come to Me Quietly by A.L. Jackson
- 9 years ago, this unique story stole my heart! Book Review – Vain by Fisher Amelie
- 9 years ago, we went CRAZY over this one: Book Review – Collide by Gail McHugh
- 9 years ago, this one started us on a frenzy (and an opposite teams frenzy too): Book Review – Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
- 9 years ago, this series infuriated me (and was all the rage): Book Review – Truth by Aleatha Romig
- 10 years ago, this book had me laughing and rocked my world during a hard time in my life: Okay… This Isn’t the Review Just Yet, But I Loved This Book!! Perfection (A Neighbor from Hell) by R.L. Mathewson
- 11 years ago, I was in love with vampires: Book Review – Fangs But No Fangs by Kathy Love
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Difference Between Somebody and Someone by Aly Martinez <— LIVE!!! ERIN FOUND US THIS!!
Erin: Did you see Aly Martinez had a new release The Difference Between Somebody and Someone?
I love her but the question is to read now or wait? Looks like there are 3 in this series. I’m not sure if they are connected but I don’t like cliff hangers.
But can I wait…the blurb looks so good.
- Shifters of Darkness Falls Series by Jasmin Quinn <— MONA LOVED THIS SERIES!
Mona: I recently read a great wolf shifter series called Shifters of Darkness Falls by Jasmin Quinn. The first in the series of six books is Basic Instinct.
If you love wolf shifters with strong alphas, hot romance, suspense but no cliffhangers, then I think you’d love this series. I read all six within seven days.
- Like a Soft Sweet Breeze (Summer Lake Silver Book 7) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE!!
- Hunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet Book 2) by H. D. Carlton <— LIVE!!
- Watch Me Burn: A Spicy, Millionaire Romance by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!! HEARTBROKEN & NOW FALLING FOR ANOTHER WOMANIZER!! “…They say life never gives you more than you can handle. Tell that to someone who didn’t just watch the perfectly placed pieces of her future go up in flames. Enter Liam Mason. Mysterious. Sexy. An obvious playboy. And even though he’s the last person I should want, I can’t help but be drawn to him. Like a moth to a flame, I simply can’t look away. I convince myself it’s just a rebound. Who could ever be foolish enough to fall for a man who might as well have womanizer tattooed on his forehead? But matters of the heart aren’t always so simple. And I have a feeling I just opened mine up to be broken all over again…”
- Ripped Veil By Nicole Fox <— AIMEE LOVED IT (AND THIS AUTHOR!!!)
Aimee: Ok! I just finished the first book Ripped Veil By Nicole Fox and OMG! I’m loving it! It’s Bratva mafia romance dealing with sex trafficking and he is trying to avenge his wife and son!! So this is my second series by this author and I love her writing.
I’m currently reading the second book, Ripped Lace. Can’t wait to check out more by her!
Soon as I finish this I will be back to my audible books and if I have any worth mentioning I will let you know!
UPDATE: So the ripped lace sequel was just as good as the first! I hate so many people die in both!! Ugh! But, I loved the book!!!
- Roses Aren’t Red: An African Romance Anthology (Black Female Authors Anthologies) <— LIVE!! “…Fifteen heartwarming stories celebrating friendship, bonds and love in all shades. High flying executives, divas, prima donnas, second chance romances, friends to lovers, coming of age, this collection has all that and more!..”
- Rocky Mountain Madness (Brotherhood Protectors Colorado Book 6) by Elle James <— LIVE!!
- Dirty Biker Boys: The Betrayal: Book 4 MC Romance Series (Dirty Biker Boys Series) by Lila Lush <— LIVE!!
- Until Easton by Sandy Alvarez & Crystal Daniels <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR HIDING OUT IN A SMALL TOWN… “...Like a falling star, Easton is burning out—running on fumes. Not to mention a fan’s undying infatuation with him is reaching stalker level. He needs a vacation before the road snuffs out his creative flames for good. A small town in Tennessee looks like the perfect place to lie low and find peace. Until he steps foot on Connelly Ranch and meets Beca, a spitfire redhead. Becca is barely keeping her head above water...”
- Tempting James (Mysterious Adventures Book 1) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!
- Time To Wake Up: An MM Cowboy Romance by E.M. Lindsey <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- His Boy to Cuddle: A Gay Daddy Holiday Romance (Naughty or Nice Season Two) by Morticia Knight <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Mortal Skin: MM Fae Romance (Folk Book 1) by Lily Mayne <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!! They take him away when he turns 21!! “…it isn’t until I’m twenty-one, when my life is in ruins, that they come back to take me away. They say I’m not fully mortal. They say I should be among them. The Unseelie Ruler wants me on her land for reasons no one will explain to me, but it’s her aloof, painfully beautiful son who captures my attention and refuses to let go. The cold, black-eyed assassin prince who strikes fear into the hearts of all Folk. Who I’ve been warned about, repeatedly. Who watches me always…”
- As the Tallgrass Grows by Rachel Ember <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- War & Pieces (The Vikings MC Book 6) by Cathleen Cole and Frank Jensen <— LIVE!!
- One Night with a Billionaire (Playboy Billionaire Club Book 1) by Lane Hart <— LIVE!!
- The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer <— SUPER-BARGAIN 5-STAR THAT WE LOVED!!! I encourage everyone to read this. I know… the beginning is slow and hard to get into (I was right there with you on that) but this is one of my favorite books ever, and it is the one that made me cry the hardest. THREE TIMES!! I watched a funny movie after, and everything, made me feel better, and then when I when back to reading it, I immediately started sobbing again. This book is BIG!!!!! P.S. Check out my “What I’m Reading PRE-review” AND check out my full-on book review.
Michelle: I loved this i just wish she would of written the second one it was left wide open to be a phenomenal series.
Niki: I LOVED this book. Have re-read many times. On my re-reads I just skip the slow beginning.
Ashley: I am not into sci-fi, but loved this book. I also was happy with the movie. I thought they did a pretty good job being similar to the book.
Jenny: Oh I LOVE The Host. I don’t normally get a book hangover, I can easily put one book down and instantly pick up the next, but it took me days to recover after reading it. I think it’s time for another reread.
Kim: Loved this book! Went ahead and bought the kindle version just now, thanks.
Sue: I loved it too!
Angela: One of my favorites!!!
Mariaan: Really a good read. Enjoy it very much
Mona: Thank you Maryse! Just one clicked!
Alaina: One of my favorites!
- Our Preseason: Ice League Book 2 (The Ice League Series) by S.C. Kate <— LIVE!! THE SINGLE HOCKEY STAR & THE FIGURE SKATING COACH MEET AT A WEDDING!! “…she hones in on her coaching skills as a figure skating instructor at the local Traverse City rink, and on the weekends, she organizes Happily-Ever-Afters as a wedding planner. Her current wedding for Jules and Greyson Scott is going fantastically well… Until a baby starts scream-crying louder than the DJ’s music. Ellie knows that if the baby doesn’t stop, the dance floor vibe will be totally ruined. Her current mission: Get that baby out of the arms of the clueless guy holding him…”
- Hauling Ashe (Road Trips & Romance) by L.B. Dunbar <— LIVE!!
- I Like You, I Hate Her (Something Like Love) by J.R. Rogue <— LIVE!!
- Apollo Sun by Leslie Fear <— LIVE!! SHE SEES DEAD PEOPLE!! “...I live in a different place, a bigger city. I have a college degree and live on my own. It’s what I’ve always dreamed of but with one exception.I still see dead people. I never could escape them.Suddenly, a new man has entered my life. A mysterious man I’m reluctantly attracted to, yet can’t quite figure out…”
- Fighting For His Mate (Everton Falls Mated Love Book 4) by Ava Gray <— LIVE!!
- Beauty and Her Beasts: A Reverse Harem Shifter Fairytale Retelling (Dirty Paranormal Fairytale Haremland Book 1) by Lisa Cullen <— LIVE!!
- Luck of the Demon: A Paranormal Urban Fantasy Romance (Deals with Demons Book 4) by Stacia Stark <— LIVE!!
- Ethan by Delaney Diamond <— LIVE!! HE TELLS HER HE NEVER WANTS TO MARRY HER…. “…Skye Thorpe lost her parents and yearns for a family of her own, and she’s certain Ethan Connor is the one to give it to her. After all, they’ve been together for seven years. One night she broaches the subject of marriage and learns the devastating truth. Ethan has no intention of marrying her…”
- Moonshine by Kat Bostick <— UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!! MARGIE FOUND US THIS ONE!!!
Margie: Unrequited Love. Well I inadvertently found this book on Amazon and it’s a fantastic offering for the unrequited love list…Moonshine by Kat Bostick.
Great writing. Great character development. And a realistic portrayal of the U.S. when all the electricity goes off. The heroine and hero are not the usual dystopian characters. They’re fully developed and their actions are completely consistent with their own personalities and backgrounds.
Spoiler alert: It’s lovely to see the progression from the time they first meet to the end of the book. No cliffhangers and a satisfying ending…although I’d love to see the author continue the series with these characters or some of the others introduced in the book.
- Loving the Athlete (Famous Friends Romances Book 2) by Cami Checketts <— LIVE!! THE FAMOUS ATHLETE & THE FUGITIVE! “…Sienna Nelson ran away from home to protect her family. She’s lived on her own for nine years and she doesn’t need help from anyone but heaven above. When Corbin Johns discovers her at one of his events can he convince her that she not only needs him but she also loves him?“
- Sunshine and the Recluse: A Whisper Valley Soulwink Romance (Hermits & Curves Book 1) by Megan Wade <— LIVE!!
- Sacrificial Sinners: A Dark Reverse Harem Romance (Blackwood Institute Book 2) by J Rose <— LIVE!!
- Fighting Fire With Fire (Kings Gym Book 1) by Shaw Hart <— LIVE!! UNDERGROUND FIGHTER SEES HER UP FOR AUCTION!! “…If his trainer or anyone from the fighting world found out that he was competing in these illegal underground fights, he would be kicked out of Kings Gym and of UFC. When he sees what’s happening in a back room, he wonders if risking it all might just be worth it though. He’s known that Everly Griggs was the missing piece that he had been searching for his whole life and when he sees her up for auction, he knows that he can’t let anyone else have her…”
- Sinner (Bound by Loyalty, Honor, Truth Book 2) by Karen Kelley <— LIVE!!
- Finding A Husband: BWWM, Marriage Of Convenience, Billionaire Romance by Taylor Holton <— LIVE!!
- Club Mafia. The Contract: A Dark Mafia Romance by Stella Andrews <— LIVE!!
- The Dark Protector: An Arranged Marriage Cartel Dark Romance (Kingpin’s Property Trilogy Book 1) by Kendall Hawkins and Isabella Starling <— LIVE!! SHE’S THE DAUGHTER OF THE ONLY WOMAN WHO ESCAPED HIM!! “…To be his bride, I must endure a year without his cruel touch. The man I trusted most has taken advantage of me in the worst way. He used my innocence against me. He stole me from my loving parents to make me a pawn in his games. And the worst part is… He hasn’t touched me once. While my body burns for his punishing embrace, he’s denied me the thing I want most…”
- The Joker: A Mafia Romance (Rake Forge University Series Book 3) by Ashley Munoz <— LIVE!!
- Queen of Hate: A Dark College Bully Romance by Ashley Gee <— LIVE!! BULLY ROMANCE ALERT! “...I’m the girl who got them sent away for what should have been forever. They deserved it after what they did to me. But when I knew them before, they were bad boys that took their violent teenage angst out on me. Now, they’re men. Men who want to take back the years they think I stole from them. When I get an acceptance letter to the prestigious Thornhurst University offering a full scholarship, I’m convinced that my luck has finally changed for the better. Until I find out just who is responsible for bringing me here...”
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀
- 2 years ago, we made this awesome list! Audiobook Addiction Reader Recommendations Part 3 and also these:
- Audiobook Addiction: Our fellow readers weigh in on their favorites…
- Audiobook Addiction – Reader Recommendations Part Two
- Misc. Readers’ Favorite Audiobook Lists
- Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things (Wedding Planner Mysteries Book 1) by Rachelle J. Christensen <— AIMEE ENJOYED IT!
Aimee: I just finished an audible book! I would rate it 4* I would say it’s more of a PG-13 type with no sex but has some romance. Usually not my typical type of book but it kept me entertained! You kinda know who did it but you still want to listen to the end.
Female Narrator was very good! If you have the audible unlimited it was free!
- One Night with a Billionaire (Playboy Billionaire Club Book 1) by Lane Hart
- Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— AIMEE ENJOYED THIS ONE, TOO!
Aimee: I just finished my second book by Susan Elizabeth Phillips!!! Dream a Little Dream
I listened to the audible version and it was so good! I feel like I have been missing out on this author! The Narrator did an awesome job of voicing the characters. I shed a few tears and a few laughs. 4*
I had seen this from a recommendation from your page, I think from the comment section of one of the questions… Interesting story line about a woman who married a televangelist and got duped!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Axel’s Grind (Savage Hell MC Book 5) by K.L. Ramsey – January 31st 2022
- Good Girl Complex: An Avalon Bay Novel by Elle Kennedy – February 1st 2022
- Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead: A Mystery by Elle Cosimano – February 1st 2022
- Rosewood Born (Seasons of the Harrow Book 1) by Charley Shannon – February 1st 2022
- Ramón and Julieta (Love & Tacos Book 1) by Alana Quintana Albertson – February 1st 2022
- Anonymous Sex by Hillary Jordan and Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan – February 1st 2022
- Lease on Love by Falon Ballard – February 1st 2022
- Lockdown on London Lane by Beth Reekles – February 1st 2022
- My Fiery Valentine by Donna Grant – February 1st 2022
- Dumped for Valentine’s (Fun For the Holiday’s Book 2) by J. Sterling – February 1st 2022
- The Immortal: A Novel (Rise of the Warlords Book 2) by Gena Showalter – February 1st 2022
- When I Say Yes (Necklace Trilogy Book 3) by Lisa Renee Jones – February 1st 2022
- The Commander (Men of Hidden Justice Book 3) by Melanie Moreland – February 1st 2022
- Tell Me This Is Forever: The British Billionaires by J. S. Scott – February 1st 2022
- Nameless (No Mercy Book 5) by Lea Griffith – February 2nd 2022
- Love and Other Puzzles by Kimberley Allsopp – February 2nd 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!