Also, don’t forget to check out:
- Book Review – Pretend You’re Mine: A Small Town Love Story (Benevolence Book 1) by Lucy Score <— MY LATEST 5 STAR REVIEW. This book put me through the romance ringer!!!!
- Writing the Rules: A Fake Dating Standalone by Mariah Dietz is LIVE & she’s our guest poster + we’re having a giveaway! ) <— OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL!! She’s today’s newsletter sponsor. 😀
- Mariah Dietz – The Dating Playbook Series Reading Order <— though they can be read as standalones.
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 1 year ago, I 5-STARRED this angsty rock star romance!! Book Review – Final Serenade by N.N. Britt
- 3 years ago, this one was all sorts of forbiddeny and we loved it! UNFORGETTABLE! Book Review – Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas
- 4 years ago, this dark psych-thriller kidnap read had me ON EDGE! Here’s my “pre-review” of The Tutor by K. Larsen
- 5 years ago, we came up with this fun list! 10 Questions based on our TBR lists – Bev’s List:
- 5 years ago, this one came highly recommended so I reviewed it! Book Review – The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
- 7 years ago, this unrequited love story 4.5 star rocked my world!! Book Review – Jahleel by S. Ann Cole
- 8 years ago, this sheltered heroine book 4.5 star rocked my world too. I hated the old cover, so just ignore that but HOLY MOLY THIS STEAMING HOT BOOK!!!! Book Review – Sheltered by Charlotte Stein
- 10 years ago, I featured my very favorite cover model ever!! Paul Marron – A Cover Model
- 10 years ago, I strayed from my paranormal roots, and jumped into human rocks stars and I WAS SHOOK! This book was the official start of my “bad boy romance” foray. 😉 Book Review – Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
- 12 years ago (2009!!), I went to my very first book convention/signing and I WAS THE HAPPIEST GIRL ALIVE! Here are all my posts about it:
- My trip to the Romantic Times Convention in Orlando
- Part 2 of my trip to the Orlando Romantic Times Convention
- Part 3 of my trip to the Orlando Romantic Times Convention
- Part 4 of my trip to the Orlando Romantic Times Convention
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley<— OMG OMG OMG!!! I LOVED THIS ONE JUST RECENTLY and it’s SUPER- right now!!!! Here’s my 4.5 STAR review.
D.G. Just finished “You Were There Too”. OMG…writing was great with ALL the feels in this one. Emotionally devastated.
Maryse: I’m in the last quarter!!! 😀 It’s SO GOOOOOD!
Michele G: Ohhhh get ready! It’s gonna get intense!
Annette: Oooh I remember this one. I really liked it too.
- Writing the Rules: A Fake Dating by Mariah Dietz <— LIVE!! FOOTBALL HERO FAKE RELATIONSHIP ALERT! “…Paxton Lawson was long ago labeled ‘The Golden Boy.’ Starting quarterback and team captain at Brighton University, his future was brighter than the sun until a short path of indiscretions tarnished his name and potentially his future. When he learns that his sister’s best friend, Poppy, has backed herself into a corner and is facing as many doubts and uncertainties as he is, Paxton suggests the biggest ruse of the year: a fake relationship…“
- Alpha Girl (Wolf Girl Series Book 3) by Leia Stone <— LIVE!!!
- The Chosen Girls (Blake Wilder FBI Mystery Thriller Book 4) by Elle Gray <— LIVE!!!
- Midlife at Midnight: Paranormal Women’s Fantasy (Not Too Late Book 4) by Victoria Danann <— LIVE!!!
- Save Me From Dangerous Men by S.A. Lelshuk <— KICK-ASS HEROINE ALERT!! MARGIE JUST EMAILED TO RECOMMEND THIS ONE!! “…Nikki Griffin isn’t your typical private investigator. In her office above her bookstore’s shelves and stacks, where she luxuriates in books and the comfort they provide, she also tracks certain men. Dangerous men. Men who have hurt the women they claim to love. And Nikki likes to teach those men a lesson, to teach them what it feels like to be hurt and helpless, so she can be sure that their victims are safe from them forever…”
Margie: I’ve just read the most amazing book with the most amazing smartest kick ass heroine ever…she makes Jack Reacher and Lizbeth Salander look dull. The author is S.A. Lelshuk and the first book in the series (so far two books) is “Save Me From Dangerous Men.”
I couldn’t put it down.
- Gulf Coast Sunsets (Blackbird Beach Book 4) by Maggie Miller <— LIVE!!!
- Natural Born Killers (Sick Boys Book 3) by Lucy Smoke <— LIVE!!!
- The Russian Billionaire: A Romantic Suspense Novel by Georgia Le Carre <— LIVE!!!
- The Love Interest by Kayley Loring <— RECENT RELEASE & LISA C & MONY ARE LOVING IT!
Lisa C: I started The Love Interest by Kayley Loring from up there. I don’t like the cover at all. It’s a romcom but the cover is all serious. Anyway, it’s a age gap, student/professor book. Nothing forbidden just light and funny and slow burn.
I love the main characters. They are both writers and some of the chapters start with excerpts from their books. Their books change as they get to know each other (they are each other’s muse). I’m only halfway through but I’m enjoying it.
Mony: I am loving this book…it’s a new release. So far, my best read for 2021. A witty dirty talker plus plus plus
- Say I’m the One (All of Me Duet Book 1) by Siobhan Davis <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS IN LOVE WITH HER BEST FRIEND BUT HE BROKE HER HEART… and then she met HIM! “…If I’d known fate was meddling in my life, perhaps I would have chosen differently, but my future was cemented the instant I laid eyes on him. Dillon O’Donoghue was Reeve’s polar opposite in every way, and perhaps, that’s why I felt drawn to him. He was the dark to my light. The thorn in my side, irritating me with his cold disdain, wild recklessness, and a burning rage hidden deep inside him that spoke to a silent part within me. Yet Dillon showed me what it was like to truly live, opening my eyes to endless possibilities. What happened next was inevitable, and I only have myself to blame. He warned me, and I knew my reprieve was temporary, because there is only so far I can run. Especially when fate hasn’t finished messing with me yet...”
- STEPH N READ THESE!!!
Steph N: I read The Kind Worth Killing in the last week or so (finally), 4.5 stars.
I also read Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez which I gave 5 stars to, just like her previous books. Her books are ~chefs kiss~ to me.
- Savage Daddy: A Dark Captive Mafia Romance (Boston Mafia Doms) by Bianca Cole <— LIVE!!
- Until Retribution Burns: A Dark Mafia Romance (Beauty in Lies Book 3) by Adelaide Forrest <— LIVE!!
- Little Dove Seeks Mountain Man (Bear Mountain Brothers Book 8) by Marley Michaels <— LIVE!!
- Until Selma by Harley Stone <— LIVE!!! HE RUNS INTO HIS HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH!! “…Fresh out of the Army, Tavonte Jones is home on a mission to rescue his teen sister from a narcissistic creep. Running into his high school crush was the last thing on his mind, but now that he’s seen her, he’s determined to make Selma his. Resigned to live vicariously through romance novels, Selma Black has all but given up on finding her own happily ever after when an old classmate returns, looking like a fantasy come to life and offering everything she’s ever wanted...”
- Summer Heat (Wyoming Fever Book 2) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!
- Advance by Bounds (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue Book 6) by Jemma Westbrook <— LIVE!!
- WOLF REJECTED: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (Aurelia’s Pack Of Misfits Book 1) by Avery Song <— LIVE!!
- Naughty Neighbor: A RomCom Standalone (Falling for the Stars) by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT & NANCY IS ENJOYING IT!
Nancy: This starts as a slow-burn romance, but once Lacey & Jake have that first hot kiss, the pages “figuratively” seem set on fire.
- Take A Bullet For You: A Standalone Scottish BWWM Romance (MacKenzie Crime Family Book 2) by Amarie Avant <— LIVE!!
- Magic & Menopause: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Romance (The Oracle of Wynter Book 2) by Lisa Manifold <— LIVE!!
- Karma’s Shift: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (Magical Midlife in Mystic Hollow Book 2) by Lacey Carter Andersen, Helen Scott & L.A. Boruff <— LIVE!!
- Monster King: A Dark Sci Fi Alien Romance (Royal Aliens) by Loki Renard <— LIVE!!
- Expired Flight (Last Chance County Book 9) by Lisa Phillips <— LIVE!! SHE HAS NO MEMORY & HE MUST REMAIN NAMELESS!! “...She can’t remember who she is. He’ll never give up the life he knows. Jeff Filks lives life as a ghost. It’s the only way to keep the people he cares about safe. But a lifetime of training doesn’t just go away, even when he’s suffered a life-altering injury. When he spots a woman fleeing a gunman in the middle of the night he steps in to help, determined to remain anonymous. But the secret she’s forgotten is deadly—to both of them—and the past won’t quit coming. The hunt is on. A woman with no memory on the shore of the Last Chance lake. A man who must remain nameless to survive.“
- Shh… It’s a Surprise! (Baby) (Small Town Romances) by Annie J. Rose <— LIVE!!
- Bitter Truths: A Twisted Arranged Marriage Romance (Crimson Falls Duet Book 2) by Dani René <— LIVE!! DUET CONCLUSION!!!
- Rebellious: A Best Friends-To-Lovers Romance by Kristy Marie <— LIVE!! <— STAR CROSSED LOVERS!! “…A love controlled by guilt, contained by rules…. One summer will change everything. No kissing. No cuddling. No blah, blah, blah. He wrote the rules onto our skin – every ink stroke tragically smeared by the lines we’d crossed. He claimed it was the only way we could be together – the only way we wouldn’t destroy our families. But there was an exception to his rules – one he never saw coming. All I needed was opportunity and a sunburn. The girl who played by his rules is gone. This girl…is not his “friend”…”
- The Secrets in Shadow and Blood: Season of the Vampire (Fae Guardians Book 4) by Lana Pecherczyk <— LIVE!!
- Runaway (Coffee Shop Series Book 3) by Katie Cross <— LIVE!!
- IVANA READ THESE 3 and recommends all of ’em:
Ivana: I’ve read
- All the Ugly Things last week and was a little disappointed (is there a review?) so I’ve read
- Where the Blame Lies and
- Remembering Ivy
during weekend and my bookish heart is now satisfied 😅 I recommend all 3 books!
- Nixing the End of the World (Phoenix’s Quest Book 1) by Alice Winters <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Deep Impact: An M/M Hurt Comfort Romance (Wrecked: Guardians Book 4) by Kelly Fox <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Midnight Fae Academy: Book Four: A Dark Vampire Paranormal Romance by Lexi C. Foss <— LIVE!!
- Caught In The Game: A Sports Romance (Diamond Lake Rattlers Book 1) by Cassie Verano <— LIVE!!
- Poison Malice Twisted: A dark fae romance by Steffanie Holmes <— LIVE!! FORBIDDEN LOVE!!! “...Aisling is the last witch standing. She guards her family home and the source of their power from the fae eager to devour it. Grief and loneliness mark her days, twisting her up inside until the night she opens her door to a dark stranger… His malice threatens to undo them both Even among the fae, Niall is considered broken. War has stoked his lust for blood, for cruelty, for control. All he knows is death and depravity, until the day he steps inside Aisling’s home and finds everything he’s ever wanted… A forbidden attraction so strong, so twisted, they cannot resist...”
- The Longest Road : Single Dad Friends to Lovers by Jennifer Hartley <— LIVE!!
- SEX LUST LOVE HATE: An Enemies-to-Lovers Office Romance Standalone by Mika Jolie <— LIVE!!
- No Touch Zone: A Single Dad Sports Romance (The Playmakers Series Hockey Romances Book 6) by G.K. Brady <— LIVE!!
- Beautiful Savage by Lisa Sorbe <— ONE OF MY RECENT FAVORITES IS BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LINDA LOVED IT TOO! P.S. Here’s my 5-star review if you missed it. 😀
Linda: Wrapped up Beautiful Savage last night! Thanks for recommendation Maryse!! Couldn’t put it down. Had no idea what direction it was going to go!!
Maryse: OH I AM SO HAPPY!!!! Isn’t she an incredible writer? Storyteller. I need to read more from her…
Liz: I just finished it. I hated Becca but I felt her beautifully broken soul. I really felt so sorry for *spoiler*…
I just read the authors blurb on goodreads. I would be friends with her for sure. Great biography. Anyone else read any other books of hers you liked? I am going to go read some of the blurbs and find my next read by her hopefully 🤞
Michal: I loved this book!
Madeleine: Thanks for the recommendation…just bought it!
- Lola and the Millionaires by Kathryn Moon <— REVERSE HAREM & HARPER LOVED IT & WANTS MORE LIKE IT!
Harper: A while back I was looking for a reverse harem that focused on the relationships and wasn’t academy/high school/paranormal. Do you guys remember? It turns out I found the perfect combination.
Lola and the Millionaires (two parts) by Kathryn Moon. The title and cover aren’t the best. It should be changed ASAP to get more readers. But it’s a “sweet omegaverse” (not dark). The author explains that is not paranormal but has bonding, alpha, omega, beta, nesting, knot, and NO shifters. So just the best part of paranormal romance basically hahaha.
Every relationship develops at a natural pace (1 h and 6 H) and I really believed in them (there was just 1 H I didn’t like very much). It’s very steamy with some MM action (but nothing too graphic). The action is kind of ridiculous but I was able to ignore it considering that 90% of the book is about the relationships in the pack.
There is one book in the series before this one but is not as good and you don’t need to read it to understand this story. I recommend it!! If you guys know any book like this one, please tell me!!
Maryse: YES I DO remember you looking for recommendations and we built this list! 😀 Reader Recommendations – Our favorite Reverse Harem books that are not paranormal, nor do they have academy, or bully tropes…
- Wolf Series by Penelope Sky <—PAGE TURNING MAFIA ROMANCE THAT MHARIS RECOMMENDS!
Mharis: I’ve read lots of mafia books but I absolutely loved the Wolf series by Penelope Sky. It’s so angsty and it’s such a page turner. It’s my go-to mafia read.
- Ravenous Rose: Western Historical Romance (Bad Girls of the West Book 2) by Sylvia McDaniel <— LIVE!!
- Run Posy Run by Cate C. Wells <— LIVE!!
- Renegade: A Bad Boy Military Romance (Bad Boys of the Military Book 3) by Shani Greene-Dowdell <— LIVE!!
- The Mostly Real McCoy: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Apple Valley Love Stories Book 1) by Julie Christianson <— LIVE!!
- Stealing The Alpha’s Mate by Zoe Ray <— LIVE!!! THE WOLF SHIFTER & THE BALLERINA!! “…Celeste, who has lived a life of privilege, longs to be a principal dancer at the Houston Ballet. Wolf shifters are known for terrorizing the city she loves, but with a powerful family at her side, being protected from their destruction means she’s never had to worry about their reign. After an unexpected encounter with Red Paw, Celeste’s intrigue causes her to be thrust into a world she knows nothing about…”
- Claiming Her: A Dark Romance (The HER Series Book 2) by Natalie Knight <— LIVE!!
- The Kiss of Goodbye (A Single Moment Duet Book 1) by Samantha Bee <— LIVE!!
- Book Boyfriends and Butterfly Kisses (Swoony Kisses Romcom Series Book 1) by Kandice E. Geddes <— LIVE!!
- Sebring by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY SUPER-BARGAIN!! Actually the ENTIRE SERIES is super-bargain priced right now!!
Lisa M: Sebring by Kristen Ashley!! It was amazing, like every single one of her books I’ve read!!! How can you not fall in love with Nick!!
Anne: Finished Sebring and loved it! Nick was so great! KA never disappoints!
DG: …you can read Sebring as a standalone. It briefly recaps some of Nick’s history to give you an idea of what occurred previously. Some characters from previous books make an appearance but haven’t played a major part to take away from his story.
Lisa M: The whole Unfinished Hero Series was awesome too!! Every one of her books I have enjoyed and still remember them. You know sometimes you read a book and then you’re like I read that book but I can’t remember what it was about. Not with KA…
Michelle F: Just started Deacon today and I have to agree that this one definitely has an old school KA feel. It’s totally sucked me in! I love this Unfinished Heroes series (Creed is one of the best KA books ever!).
- Diamond in the Dust (Lost Kings MC Book 18) by Autumn Jones Lake <— LIVE!!
- Twisted Love: A Brother’s Best Friend Romance by Ana Huang <— LIVE!!
- CARNAGE: Book #1 The Story Of Us by Lesley Jones <— TEARJERKER ALERT!! AIMEE JUST DISCOVERED THESE!!
Aimee: OMG!! I WANTED A TEARJERKER AND THIS WAS DEFINITELY IT!! I so want to listen to book two but I may need a breather!😭💔 so thankful for the recommendation!!
Maryse: YAY Aimee!!!! I’m so glad you loved it. It tore us UP! Here’s review.
- Arsenic and Adobo (A Tita Rosie’s Kitchen Mystery Book 1) by Mia P. Manansala <— COZY MYSTERY ALERT!! TASHA J READ THIS ONE!
Tasha J: …Currently reading Arsenic and Adobo. Something fun and light and easy for the short amount of time I do carve to read every day. It’s making me so hungry! In the best way…
Tasha J: I finished Arsenic and Adobo today and liked it pretty well. It’s the start of series, so I’ll likely read book 2 as well. It didn’t blow me away, but I like cozy mysteries and it kept my attention.
One thing that bugged me was there there’s hints of a possible attraction between 2 guys and it’s mentioned that there’s this chemistry and such (no spoilers) with one and there is absolutely nothing to support this. Not enough interaction with some of the supporting characters.
Hopefully expanded on in the next. One thing I loved, was the food descriptions and bonus recipes in the back!
- The Belle and the Beard by Kate Canterbary <— RECENT RELEASE & JAN & RANDI ARE ENJOYING IT!
Jan: I’ve started The Belle and the Beard and liking it. It opens with a funny and cute meet-cute. Kate Canterbary writes funny banter.
Stacy: Thanks for the feedback Jan. I’m going to start this one next.
Randi: I just started it this morning. So far so good.
Mony: Good to hear…nice to have a new Canterbary book…it’s on my TBR!
bev: I’m reading two books right now and thoroughly enjoying them.
- Forever Yours by Suzette Riddick <— LIVE!! HE MIGHT BECOME HER BUSINESS PARTNER!! “...Josephine “Joey” Lawrence is making a name for herself in the Philadelphia area as the owner of Naturally Lavender. She’s hustling her haircare products online and selling the good old-fashioned way; peddling from salon to salon. With dreams of expanding her business to a storefront, Joey’s longing to be swept away by someone special isn’t a priority…”
- Savage Queen: A Royalty Crew U of J Spin-Off Novel (The Royalty Crew Book 1) by Alley Ciz <— LIVE!!
- Bad Boy: A Masters of Romance Novel by Emma Alcott <— LIVE!!
- The Deception You Weave: A Dark College Bully Romance (Maddison Kings University Book 2) by Tracy Lorraine <— LIVE!! BULLY ROMANCE ALERT! THIS IS A TRILOGY & MUST BE READ IN ORDER.
- Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy Book 1) by Leigh Bardugo <— BOOKS TO TV ALERT!! Tasha J is excited!
Tasha J: Omg you guys the Grishaverse series, Shadow and Bone is now streaming on Netflix!!! Ahh, I didn’t realize it was here and I wasn’t prepared!! *eeeep*
I only made it through the 1st, Shadow and Bone, and Six of Crows and nearly halfway through Crooked Kingdom, but I’m totally starting this when I get a minute today or tomorrow. 🎉
- Into The Drowning Deep by Mira Grant <— KILLER MERMAIDS!!! JANIE IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!
Janie: The one I’m currently reading is called Into The Drowning Deep by Mira Grant. It’s an adult, somewhat horror, book about killer mermaids in the Mariana Trench. I’m halfway through now and it’s getting creepy!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Rebellious: A Best Friends-To-Lovers Romance by Kristy Marie <— STAR CROSSED LOVERS!! “…A love controlled by guilt, contained by rules…. One summer will change everything. No kissing. No cuddling. No blah, blah, blah. He wrote the rules onto our skin – every ink stroke tragically smeared by the lines we’d crossed. He claimed it was the only way we could be together – the only way we wouldn’t destroy our families. But there was an exception to his rules – one he never saw coming. All I needed was opportunity and a sunburn. The girl who played by his rules is gone. This girl…is not his “friend”…”
- Life’s Too Short by Abby Jimenez <— Michele G LOVED it!
Michele G: I loved Life’s Too Short as well! I listened to the audio and it was perfection!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Watcher Girl: A Thriller by Minka Kent – May 1st 2021
- Spring Fling (Dating Season Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – May 3rd 2021
- Edge Of Fear (Arrow’s Edge MC Book 4) by Freya Barker – May 3rd 2021
- That Summer: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner – May 4th 2021
- The Last Thing He Told Me: A Novel by Laura Dave – May 4th 2021
- Rattlesnake Road (A Small Town Mystery Romance) by Amanda McKinney – May 4th 2021
- Find You First: A Novel by Linwood Barclay – May 4th 2021
- Project Hail Mary: A Novel by Andy Weir – May 4th 2021
- Cursed Luck by Kelley Armstrong – May 4th 2021
- Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard – May 4th 2021
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang – May 4th 2021
- The Newcomer: A Novel by Mary Kay Andrew – May 4th 2021
- The Insiders by Tijan – May 4th 2021
- Shadowed Steel (An Heirs of Chicagoland Novel Book 3) by Chloe Neil – May 4th 2021
- The Princess Purge: A young adult dystopian romance by Cordelia K Castel – May 6th 2021
- The Mixtape by Brittainy Cherry – May 11th 2021
- The Final Twist (A Colter Shaw Novel) by Jeffery Deaver – May 11th 2021
- Off the Record: A With Me In Seattle Mafia Novel by Kristen Proby – May 11th 2021
- The Gravedigger’s Son: A Charley Davidson Novella by Darynda Jones – May 11th 2021
- Here With Me by Samantha Young – May 11th 2021
- Tempting Fate (A Goode Girls Romance Book 4) by Kerrigan Byrne – May 11th 2021
- People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry – May 11th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!