Happy Friday & I hope everyone has a peaceful Memorial Day weekend. 😀 My weekend will be a very calm one (I’ll be in homebody mode) so I’ll be reading and cooking (and probably gardening) the entire time. Organizing my closet AND my blog too!! Oh boy do I need to organize. 😉 Maybe I’ll finally TikTok too. *eeeeeeep*
As usual, today’s list is a work in progress so I’ll be adding a ton more throughout the day, so keep checking back to see what else we found.
In the meantime…
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 2 years ago, we wanted dark!! Reader Question – Requesting more Dark Reads, Dark Romance & Thriller Recommendations
- 2 years ago, this bully series was all the rage!! Meagan Brandy – Brayshaw High Trilogy Reading Order
- 4 years ago, we had this fun reader confession! Reader Confession – Cristina the sneak-reader…
- 4 years ago, I 5-STAR LOVED this hilarious, perfectly awesome read! Book Review – Sustained by Emma Chase
- 5 years ago, I read this forbidden-thriller but it messed with my head too much and I didn’t love it. Book Review – Undone by John Colapinto
- 5 years ago, this was my MAJOR TBR list: My “Desperate to Read” list… (my latest TBR list)
- 6 years ago, I told you a real life ghost story that happened to me!! My trip to the RT Book Lovers Convention 2015 – Recap Part 2… The Ghost Story.
- 8 years ago, we were loving this one! Book Review – Tangled by Emma Chase
- 9 years ago, we wanted more billionaires like Christian Grey!! What to Read After Fifty Shades
- 9 years ago, I was HOOKED on this sweet & steamy M/M series! Book Review – Who We Are by TJ Klune
- 9 years ago, I LOVED the twist in this one! Book Review – Easy by Tammara Webber
- 10 years ago, I started my Hunger Games journey! Book Review – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- 12 years ago, I was 5 STAR HOOKED on this forbidden love series:
- Book Review – Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Book Review – Frostbite by Richelle Mead
- Book Review – Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- When Heroes Fall (Anti-Heroes in Love Duet Book 1) by Giana Darling <— GIANA DARLING’S LATEST ANTI-HERO IS LIVE!! FORBIDDEN LOVE MAFIA ROMANCE!! “...I felt so much all my life that I resolved to feeling nothing at all. Until I met my match. As the most infamous mafioso of the 21st century, Dante Salvatore was madly passionate, unequivocally bad, and entirely too dangerous to know. He was everything I abhorred, yet I found myself representing him in the biggest criminal trial of the decade. I was so focused on winning and achieving the success I deserved that I didn’t notice the gorgeous black-eyed man’s effect on me until it was too late...”
- Broken French by Natasha Boyd <— RECENT RELEASE & MONY LOVED IT!
Mony: Broken French by Natasha Boyd- I also loved this one.
Lovely sensual slow burn romance between widowed, young French billionaire, Xavier, and young American Josie, whom he hires as a teacher/nanny.
The story takes place on his yacht sailing the Mediterranean…Xavier is sexy, gorgeous, and closed off…lots of sexual tension. 🙂 5+★
- Good To Be Bad (Good In Bed Book 2) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente <— LIVE!!! HE’S NOW HER ENEMY BECAUSE THEY ARE COMPETING!! I LOVE FOODIE BOOKS! “…Turns out my charming British stranger is keeping a little secret. He’s as much of a whiz in the kitchen as he is in the bedroom and soon we’ll be going head-to-head in NYC’s biggest bake off. My one-time lover is now my enemy…”
- Frostbite (Royal Claws Book 2) by Milly Taiden <— LIVE!!
- Legacy (Vampire Awakenings Book 12) by Brenda K. Davies <— LIVE!!
- Please Don’t Say Goodbye (Summer Lake Seasons Book 7) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE!!
- For Lucy by Jewel E Ann <— RECENT RELEASE & LISA A LOVED IT!
Lisa A: I was able to read an ARC of For Lucy and it is AMAZING!! I sat quietly at the end and had a cry for agood ten minutes – just because I needed to get all my emotions out.
Yudi: OMG… it was beautiful. So tragically beautiful. My heart still hurts a little.
Maryse: This sounds right up my angsty alley!!!!
Michelle: I’m wrecked from this book
Ruth: This book has all the feels! Go in blind! You will not be sorry!
Courtney: I was not prepared for this book. It hit me deep in all of my feels
Tabitha: Best book of 2021
Jasmina: My top read 2021
Janna: It was so good!!!!
- Love The Way You Kiss Me by W. Winters & Amelia Wilde <— LIVE!! HE IS FORBIDDEN BUT SHE WANTS HIM ANYWAY!! “…What I desired most, with my life in disarray, was the man who sat across from me.
He was tall, dark and handsome, but, most notably, forbidden. It made every accidental touch more sinful and every session more addictive. There was so much tragedy and he was supposed to fix me…”
- All My Darkest Impulses (House of Crows Book 1) by Lisa Unger <— LIVE!!
- Fog Descending (House of Crows Book 2) by Lisa Unger <— LIVE!!
- Circling the Drain (House of Crows Book 3) by Lisa Unger <— LIVE!!
- Love the Way You Lie (House of Crows Book 4) by Lisa Unger <— LIVE!!
- Land of the Beautiful Dead by R. Lee Smith <— MONY LOVED THIS ONE!!
Mony: Land of the Beautiful Dead by R. Lee Smith – Not just any Paranormal Romance book, but an experience. For the brave. I couldn’t read anything else for days afterwards. 🙂 5+++★
MichelleS: I read Land of the Beautiful Dead. I loved it. Not quite as much as I loved Gann, but pretty dang close.
- Dead Man’s Isle: A Dark Reverse Harem Romance (The Harlequin Crew Book 2) by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti <— LIVE!!
- Narrating November by Kirsten Osbourne <— LIVE!!
- Fearless Like Us (Like Us Series: Billionaires & Bodyguards Book 9) by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie <— LIVE!! THE RITCHIES STRIKE AGAIN!! SHE’S DATING BOTH OF THEM!!! “…Twenty-one-year-old Sullivan Meadows just unleashed the biggest bomb-drop on her overprotective dad. She’s dating a ruggedly handsome Banks Moretti and a swoon-worthy hot Akara Kitsuwon. Two men. Two bodyguards. One polyamorous relationship…”
- Bastard Bartender: Falling for a Gemini (Falling for the Stars STANDALONE Novels) by Lauren Runow and Jeannine Colette <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY LOVED IT!
Nancy: My 5*****Review: Bastard Bartender is the latest book by the writing team of Jeannine Colette & Lauren Runow. They write witty books with lots of humor. Life is not all full of fun and games, so there is a touch of darkness, too!
The characters are all wonderful, and especially the Gemini Bartender. I am a worrier, so I could never be with someone like him, that was so carefree and took very dangerous chances…
…Two people that are so different are bound to have their disagreements and problems. He is a live for today kinda guy. She is a planner.
- In This Moment (The Things Unseen Book 1) by K. Lashaun <— LIVE!! BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE! “…When tasked with locating and obtaining a rare collection of artifacts for her most important, yet difficult client, she finds them in the possession of self-made millionaire CEO and music mogul, Verse Presley. To her surprise, he refuses to part with the valuable collection, sending her on an uncomfortable journey of going above and beyond to change his mind. Weeks of back and forth finally result in Verse requesting much more from her than just the millions being offered by her client...”
- Tate: A Scottish Mafia Romance (Mountain Men) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!!
- Wrong Room, Wright Girl: a full length husky man romance (Wrong, Wright Book 2) by Megan Wade <— LIVE!!
- Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren <— RECENT RELEASE & HARPER LOVES IT!
Harper: Last night I finished Soulmate Equation. It was a super light, fun, cute read. It follows their new pattern, mature characters that communicate very well and are open to what they are feeling. I love it so much. It’s not very steamy, but that’s fine. It’s the perfect book for the end of very busy, hard days.
Leslie M: I checked out The Soulmate Equation and it does sound promising.
- A Kiss for a Kiss by Helena Hunting <— HELENA HUNTING ALERT!! HOCKEY TEAM MANAGER & HIS PREGNANT ONE NIGHT STAND… “…I walked away from a career as a player so I could raise my daughter. For the last twenty-plus years, Queenie has been my main priority, but now she’s getting married. And there’s a small complication. A beautiful, sexy complication named Hanna. She’s my son-in-law’s older sister. Or at least that’s how they were raised. The truth is a little more scandalous than that. I’ve been drawn to her from the moment I laid eyes on her. And I spent months trying to keep a lid on that attraction. Until we finally give in…”
- My Fair Marchioness (Scandalous Affairs Book 3) by Christi Caldwell <— LIVE!! CHRISTI CALDWELL HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! “...Miss Julia Smith peddles flowers for her daily bread, but lands in the Duchess of Arlington’s household when selling blooms becomes unexpectedly hazardous. To Julia’s surprise, Her Grace offers not only safety, but also a chance at a new, fancier life—a life Julia isn’t sure she wants…”
- The Fling : Single Mom Romance (Playboy Pact) by M. Robinson <— LIVE!! SUPPOSED TO BE A ONE NIGHT STAND!! “…No feelings. No past. No strings attached. I broke the rules.I broke the pact. I fell for her smile. Her laugh. Our instant connection. Except, I never expected to fall in love. Especially with a single mom… Of twins…“
- Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley <— MEGAN STILL LOVES THIS ONE!!!
Megan: Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley is a must read for anyone who never read it. I most thank you for introducing my to all of Ms. Ashley’s worlds!!
Tasha J: Motorcycle Man (my 1st book I ever read of hers and reread and reread). It’s what made me fall in love with her writing.
Jessica: My favorite Motorcycle Man is still the real OG Chaos. Tack Allen will always hold 1st place in my heart, but let me tell you, the rest of the Chaos crew are no slouches! The order usually depends on who I’m reading. Right now, Dutch has me in his clutches.
- The Missing Sister by Lucinda Riley <— LIVE!! THEY ARE SEARCHING FOR THEIR 7th SISTER!! “…The six D’Aplièse sisters have each been on their own incredible journey to discover their heritage, but they still have one question left unanswered: who and where is the seventh sister? They only have one clue – an image of a star-shaped emerald ring. The search to find the missing sister will take them across the globe; from New Zealand to Canada, England, France and Ireland, uniting them all in their mission to at last complete their family…”
- Northern Escape (Northern Rescue Book 1) by Tonya Burrows <— ALASKA ROMANCE!! NANCY LOVED THIS ONE!!!
Nancy: Loved it! Going on my Alaskan Book Recommendation List!! …My 5* Review: I am a big fan of books that are Alaskan Romance. NORTHERN ESCAPE has a love story, but also is action packed with lots of suspense…
…If you like action packed stories then start reading this book today. Also, if you are a dog lover, then these dogs play an important part as heroes, too!
- Chasing Romeo (A Soul Mates in Romeo Romance) by Sarah Ready <— LIVE!! SHE’S TRYING TO FIND HER SOULMATE! “…Chloe Daniels is a starry-eyed romantic who believes in true love, soul mates and happily ever afters. So when a psychic predicts the identity of her soul mate Chloe will do anything to find him. But there’s a tiny problem. Chloe’s soul mate is 1 of 7 men, spread across the U.S. and she has only one week to reach him. Out of desperation she hires Nick O’Shea, a cynical private investigator who thinks soul mates, love and happily ever afters are a load of crap...”
- Savage Ending (Savage Series Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LIVE!!!
- Until Kingston by Shanna Swenson
- The One I Want by S.L. Scott <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY LOVED IT!
Nancy: My 5* Review …THE ONE I WANT is a book with all the feels. It is Opposites Attract, Friends to Lovers, Neighbors to Lovers & An Office Romance!
…They have the oddest things happen, when they keep running into each other. Juni believes in fate, but more in the romantic side of things. She was convinced it was destiny and the magic in the universe had brought them together. He was not a believer, but he sure liked Juni! There are wonderful characters in this book, and all have a part in bringing the book to a happy ending. I hope you will read the book and enjoy it as much as I did.
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Good To Be Bad (Good In Bed Book 2) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente
- The Missing Sister by Lucinda Riley
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Freed: Fifty Shades Freed as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian Book 3) by E L James – June 1st 2021
- Golden Girl by Elin Hilderbrand – June 1st 2021
- The Rival (Looking to Score Book 2) by Kendall Ryan – June 1st 2021
- They Will Be Coming for Us by Kim Catanzarite – June 1st 2021
- The Secrets of Us by Lucinda Berry – June 1st 2021
- Malibu Rising: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – June 1st 2021
- The Perfect Impression (A Jessie Hunt Psychological Suspense Thriller—Book Thirteen) by Blake Pierce – June 1st 2021
- Grace and Glory (The Harbinger Series Book 3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – June 1st 2021
- A Gorgeous Villain by Saffron A. Kent – June 3rd 2021
- Complicated Parts: Book 3 of the Complicated Parts Series by Ashley Jade – June 8th 2021
- The Disappearing Act: A Novel by Catherine Steadman – June 8th 2021
- Rebel’s Karma (Dark Protectors Book 13) by Rebecca Zanetti – June 8th 2021
- A Dark and Secret Place: A Novel by Jen Williams – June 8th 2021
- Pack Up the Moon by Kristan Higgins – June 8th 2021
- Million Dollar Demon (Hollows Book 15) by Kim Harrison – June 15th 2021
- Trusting the Badge (Arizona K9 Book 3) by Dorothy F. Shaw – June 15th 2021
- The Monster: A Mafia Romance by L.J. Shen – June 15th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!