<— HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! I’M READING THIS ONE!! 😀 I have a birthday party to go to this weekend (I hear there’s going to be a cozy bonfire going on – I love that!!) and will be reading this brand new release to the left. I’m so excited. I LOVE that author, and I love her creepy psych-thrillers. This one totally gave me a blurb jolt.
What plans do you guys have this weekend, and what are you reading (or will be reading?)
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 2 years ago, we made this list! Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Time Travel Romance Books
- 2 years ago, I loved this R.L. Mathewson book! Book Review – Devastated by R.L. Mathewson
- 3 years ago, this scary domestic thriller had an amazing twist!! I LOVED IT! Unforgettable!!! Book Review – The Sleep Tight Motel by Lisa Unger
- 4 years ago, this angsty rock star romance had me FREAKING OUT. 5 STARS!!!! Book Review – Drive by Kate Stewart
- 5 years ago, this controversial marital strife book had me hooked! 5 STARS! Book Review – Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum
- 5 years ago, Leslie made us a more “gentle on us” list. 😉 Reader Favorites – Leslie’s Favorite Low Angst Romance Books
- 6 years ago, us readers AND AUTHORS had our own stories to tell 😉 : Authors & readers tell us their own real-life creepy stories…
- 6 years ago, these were Bethany’s all-time favorites! Reader Favorites – Bethany’s Top Favorite Books List:
- 7 years ago, this was the conclusion to a SUPER-ROMANCE-ANGST duet that I loved!! Book Review – Harder by Robin York
- 8 years ago, breaking news!! BREAKING NEWS!!! A NEW “Christian Grey” has been found!
- 8 years ago, I 5-STAR LOVED this one (and so did so many of us!!) Book Review – Making Faces by Amy Harmon
- 9 years ago, I discovered the awesomeness of Kylie Scott (and the steaminess!! Ooooof!!) Book Review – Flesh by Kylie Scott
- 9 years ago, I also found out about the awesomeness, and the raw and gritty storytelling of Madeline Sheehan: Currently Reading… Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
- 10 years ago, we were on pins and needles… waiting! For Those Still Waiting to Read Effortless by S.C. Stephens…
- 11 years ago, I was hooked on J.R. Ward: Book Review – Crave by J.R. Ward
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
—> ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL TO KINDLE UNLIMITED!!
—> AMAZON GERMANY!! You guys get a 3 month free trial for Amazon Unlimited music!!!
- Under the Influence: A Psychological Thriller by Layne Deemer <— I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!! PSYCH-THRILLER AGORAPHOBIC SOCIAL MEDIA STAR thinks she can handle it until she can’t… and starts seeing things… “…When the camera is on, so is April. She’s the friend everyone wishes they had. Full of life and vigor. She’s always smiling. Always happy. But outside the lens, she’s something else entirely. Crippling agoraphobia grips her life, controlling every thought and determining every move. Haunted by anxiety, she stays locked away in her house—retreating into a reality she can control…”
Maryse: I’m going to start Layne Deemer’s new psych thriller “Under the Influence” and that blurb totally GOT ME!! I’m so excited again!
Tasha J: Oh wow, that one sounds very intriguing. And the cover!! 😍
Marissa: Maryse, you’re going to love it! Gave me chills! It’s so good and it’s the perfect time of year for a psych thriller. Enjoy!
Maryse: I’m reading it as we speak!! 😀
- Unstoppable (The Pyte/Sentinel Series Book 7) by R.L. Mathewson <— LIVE!!! R.L. MATHEWSON ALERT!! REJECTED MATE ALERT!! This one went LIVE at the beginning of the month, and look at all the amazing reviews already!! “…He couldn’t kill her. Their mating mark would never allow it, but it would allow him to walk away and never look back. But that wasn’t a choice, not when Kale knew just how dangerous his mate could become if she ever lost control. His plan is simple, keep her safe, out of his way, and focus on the only thing that mattered. He didn’t need her, didn’t want her, and… He couldn’t stop thinking about her…” P.S. WANT A CHANCE TO WIN ONE OF 2 $50 AMAZON GIFT CARDS? ENTER BY COMMENTING ON THIS BLOG POST —> R.L. Mathewson’s “Unstoppable” is LIVE & she’s sent over fun facts, an excerpt, + she’s giving away TWO $50 gift cards!
- The Fisherman Series by Jewel E. Ann <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE ROCHELLE LOVED IT TOO!
Rochelle: Oh My, just finished The Naked Fisherman and The Lost Fisherman. Soooo good. I want more!
Maryse: EVERYONE is saying that!!!! And I guess at the end of book #1 and the beginning of #2 it gets you all twisted up!! YAY!!
Jennifer: Finished the first one and just sat looking at nothing trying to Soak it all in. I’m on like 2% of second one and pissed. Lol
Jennifer: This has been such an emotional roller coaster! Jewel is one of my go to all times favorite authors so I’m familiar with her style but DANG!
- Bullied Series by Vera Hollins <— BULLY ROMANCE SERIES! LANA RECOMMENDS!
Lana: I just wanted to reccomend the bullied series by Vera Hollins. It contains 5 books (3 couple story). The first three is of Sarah and Hayden. The titles are: Bullied, Pained and Damaged. The fourth book is about Blake and Jessica and its titled: Trapped. The last book in this series is about Melissa and Mason and its titled: Scarred.
It’s a great read. I absolutely love it! Highly recommended if u liked the listed books here.
- A Love Letter to Whiskey: Fifth Anniversary Edition by Kandi Steiner <— SUPER-ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!! THIS ONE WAS HUGELY POPULAR IN OUR BOOK CREW!! And here’s a special edition that just went LIVE!!
Yasmen: If you are looking for book that will take on an up and down ride ,make you feel all kind of emotions, make you angry and want to throw it out of the window or put it in the frezeer (iam looking at you friends fans you guys get it 😎) but will end up loving it any way then you should totally read “A love letter to whiskey” …Even thoughtless is here but i totally loved ALLTW so much more
It was awful a little when you won’t agree with the main charcters actions but it happens in all books too so you really should look it up…
Nay: Ooh, and I LOVED A Love Letter to Whiskey! The kind of angst I’m crazy about! …Major tummy-twisting angst!
Jenn: “A Love Letter to Whiskey” Kandi Steiner and I loved it so much I immediately bought and read another book from her called “Weightless” both forever faves and 5 star reads!
Danielle: …a Love Letter to Whiskey. I have been in the biggest book slump, and this book has totally brought me out of it in the best way. It stole my whole life away, I literally ignored my child and boyfriend…
- Red Hot Harmony: A Rockstar Romance (The Encore Book 4) by N.N. Britt <— N.N. BRITT ALERT!!!! DUET CONCLUSION ROCK STAR ROMANCE!! “...Thrust into the spotlight as Dante’s new girlfriend, Camille is slowly finding her footing in his strange world. However, she still has other problems to deal with...”
R. Renee: I’m at 65% on an ARC of Red Hot Harmony by NN Britt and I can already predict I’m going to spend a good chunk of the day finishing it. It’s sooo good!
Maryse: I LOVE NN Britt!!!!!
R. Renee: This last duet is my favorite so far!
- Night Shift by Stephen King <— STEPHEN KING ANTHOLOGY SUPER-BARGAIN THAT I JUST ONE CLICKED!!! TWENTY SHORT STORIES. YES PLEASE!! 😀
- Quiet Secrets (Quiet Mafia Book 2) by J.L. Drake <— LIVE!!
- The Holiday Ex-Files by Jennifer Peel <— LIVE!!
- Broken Falcon (Evidence Book 12) by Rachel Grant <— LIVE!!
- Revenge of the Syndicate (The Syndicate Series Book 2) by Natalie Nicole <— LIVE!!
- Tempted Cowboy (Whiskey Run: Cowboys Love Curves) by Frankie Love <— LIVE!!
- Atonement: A Dark Romance (Master’s Protégé Book 2) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!!
- Write Me Off by Brandy Davis <— MELINDA IS 5-STAR LOVING THIS ONE!
Melinda: Wow Maryse, I’m reading the best book. It’s from a new author called Brandy Davis the book is called Write Me Off.
I think it’s the best book I have read this year. The writing is really good. I can’t seem to put it down should finish tonight.
5 stars so far.
- The Turning Point: A gripping love story, keep the tissues close… by Freya North <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE NANCY FOUND US THIS BOOK SALE!
Nancy: Maryse, THE TURNING POINT has been in my Wish List a long time … But now it is on sale… My life right now is not in the mood for a book without a HEA. So I won’t be reading it! But I’m telling you about a book bargain!
Maryse: Thank you Nancy!!! 😃 This is one of Jan’s favorites! 😃
Jan: The Turning Point by Freya North. I was rocking along enjoying the read when whaaaaaa??????? I did love that book and one day intend to read it again. I’ll know what”s coming this time though LOL. It’s so emotional and powerful. Happy and sad. I want to read it again but I’m kinda scared when I remember how hard I cried when I read it the first time. Eek!
- Becoming his Monster (Playing with Monsters Book 3) <— CRISTINA LOVED THIS ONE!
Technically I jumped a little too far ahead of the series reading order, but Lucian peeked my interest. Amelia definitely excels at writing the alpha personality, but she does a great job of writing a strong heroine too.
- Legacy of the Nine Realms series <— CRISTINA ALSO LOVED THIS ONE!
Cristina: Last month I finished the 3rd book in the Legacy of the Nine Realms series, Ruins of Chaos. That series is awesome and I’m anxiously awaiting the next book! If you decide to read that series, have your favorite drink on standby!
Knox and Aria are seriously on FIRE, and I mean that in a good and bad way. 😉
- Whisperwind: A Friends-to-Lovers-Rockstar Romance (The Wind & the Roar Trilogy Book 3) by Cat Porter <— ROCK STAR TRILOGY CONCLUSION!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER. 😀
- Double Trouble (Lost and Found) by Barbara Elsborg
- The Broken Girls by Simone St. James <— TASHA J FOUND US THIS SUPER-BARGAIN!
Tasha J: Oh, The Broken Girls by Simone St. James is on sale …!! Perfect Halloween read, I loved this one and LOVE this author!
Maryse: Oh yeah!!!! I just one-clicked it. YAY ME!!!!!! Right up my supernatural creeeeeepy alley!!!!
Skye Warren: The Broken Girls was really good! I mean I didn’t finish because… I was getting really freaked out about shadows LOL. I’m a scaredy cat.
Maryse: Makes me wanna read it even more. 😉
Jennifer: Loved The Broken Girls. 4.5* for me….great contemporary fiction recommendation. Thank you!
- Don’t Kiss the Bride by Carian Cole <— SLOW BURN ALERT!!! JULIANA LOVED IT!
Juliana: Don’t Kiss the Bride by Carian Cole. It was a semi slow burn á la Mariana Zapata mixed with Nine Minutes. I really enjoyed the progress of their relationship. LOVED the heroine!!!
Kathy: I just finished one. Carian Cole’s Don’t Kiss the Bride. Definitely recommend it.
Fiona: I read this last night “Dont Kiss The Bride” absolutely brill; would recommend +++
Mony: Does anyone else have any hidden gems? always looking for those…
Jan: Yeah I’m interested in hidden gems too, if anyone has some to share. What about The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand. It’s a lovely series. She hasn’t published anything in a little while though 🙁 I’d love to see a new one from her.
Dirty Dancing at Devil’s Leap by Julie Anne Long. Lovely second chance romance.
Anyone have more suggestions?
- if it’s you by Jenessa Fayeth <— LIVE!!! HE JUST WANTS A RELAXING SUMMER… “...Maizie is no stranger to pain. Which is exactly what this handsome city boy is: a pain in her rear. She could’ve gotten over the embarrassment of their first meeting if he didn’t seem so hell-bent on ruining her life. Two can play that game, though, and she’s determined to win, even if it means losing something even more important...”
- Midnight Queen: A Paranormal Romance (The Crimson Crown Book 2) by Kayleigh King <— LIVE!!
- Ghost of Lies (Medium Trouble Book 1) by Alice Winters <— LIVE!!
- Wed to the Barbarian (Barbarian Duet Book 1) by Keira Andrews <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- All For You by Jennifer Probst <— LIVE!! SHE’S A HIGH POWERED EXECUTIVE & HE’S HER YOGA TEACHER… and he has an offer for her. 😉 “...Grant Madison runs a yoga school and lives by one code: don’t get involved with the students. But when Ariel walks into his studio, his resolve begins to crumble. He offers her a deal: a secret affair while in the studio, and the practice of tantric sex in the bedroom. But when lust turns into love, Ariel and Grant are forced to make a difficult choice...”
- Wicked Knight: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Knight’s Ridge Empire Book 1) by Tracy Lorraine <— LIVE!!
- Crush (The Thorne of Winthorpe Academy Book 2) by Ketley Allison <— LIVE!!
- Protect me Not ((Un)Professionally Yours Book 2) by Natasha Anders <— LIVE!! SHE’S NOT HIS TYPE, SHE’S A FLORIST & YET HE HAS TO BODYGUARD HER & HE CAN’T WAIT UNTIL HIS ASSIGNMENT IS OVER… “…Vicki Hollingsworth is a pain in the butt who talks too much, laughs a lot, and frequently tests his patience. And her life isn’t exactly filled with intrigue and action. Ty is ready for this job to be over. He has just a couple of months left before reassignment. He’s mere weeks away from being out of here. The last thing he needs is to find his cute-as-a-button charge irresistibly attractive. She’s not his type. Wholesome, adorable, and sweet, Vicki is the kind of woman who needs long-term commitment. And all Ty has to offer is a few short weeks of far-from-wholesome pleasure...”
- I Will Revel in Glory: A Dark Gang Romance (Death By Daybreak Motorcycle Club Book 3) by C.M. Stunich <— LIVE!!! C.M. STUNICH REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! “...I’m the salvation for the dirty throne of the city’s underworld, the only person who can secure a future for the Death by Daybreak Motorcycle Club. There are few people in this world that I can trust—a mafia brat, a soon-to-be nun, and four lascivious demons—but that’ll have to be enough, or we’ll all burn together in glorious flame. Only, there’s no telling what my father will do now that he knows the truth. They will always be wrong for me. But sometimes, the darkness simply chooses you…“
- Confessions of a Saint (Forgiven Series Book 2) by K.L. Ramsey
- My Soldier by Peter “Wolfie” Wolfinger
- The Right Garza : A Friends to Lovers Romance (Red Cage Book 1) by S. Ann Cole <— LIVE!! S.ANN COLE ALERT!! I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!! HER EXES BROTHER KEEPS SAVING HER but this time… his help isn’t free. “…To those on the outside, my life is fabulous. But it’s all a lie. I’m a liar. A fraud. A thief. And now it’s all catching up to me. Trent Garza is the one Garza I could never out-run. Always showing up just in the nick of time to save me. So of course it’s him who’s here now, witnessing me at my lowest. This time, though, his help isn’t free...”
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!