BIG HUGE LIST DAY and I’m so happy!!! Plus it’s Friday, which is my favorite day ever. Next to Saturday. Saturday’s my favorite ’cause I can read my heart out the whole day. And then the next day too. Guilt-free!
Today is LOADED in new biker books (a SLEW of ’em just released), a few darkish ones, a bunch of sweeeeet sounding ones, and some tear-jerkers.
BRAND NEW BOOK SALE ALERT UPDATE!!! (Sat. March 8th 2014!) This one is one of my absolute FAVORITES and it’s on sale right now. The Plan by Qwen Salsbury (check out my review). —–>
So… what am I currently reading? *blush* Er… I’m so caught up in my current TBR list that I’m reading TWO kind of at the same time. Full Measures (tear jerker and I’m in the mood for that!) and Turn to Me (The Kathleen Turner Series #2) ’cause I’m in the mood for a series marathon read.
They’re different enough that I don’t mix ’em up. *shrug* I dunnnnooo… but it’s kind of working. Gah!! I couldn’t choose, you guys. I wanted to read ’em both equally, so… I let my book-glutton self indulge just this once, and I’m loving’ ’em!!
Jean: Are you still reading the Kathleen Turner series with me??
Maryse: Yep I am!! 😀 … I’m free for the whole day today!! So I’m going to read my heart out.
Jean: Cool! Loving the 2nd book Kathleen Turner book so much better….
Maryse: Jean… I just did something bad. I started TWO books at once today. *whoops* My 2nd Kathleen Turner book, but then Celeste tempted me on a newish one that was already on my radar ’cause of other recommendations —> Full Measures – and she just told me it would make me sob and it was amazing… Oh boy. So two for me today, but the fact that you’re loving #2 even more than #1 makes me VERY happy!! *stupid squirreling* (shakes head)…
Jean: Maryse! You are such a bad (good) influence on me….of course I had to go read just the first couple pages of Full Measures (just to see) and was immediately hooked from the 1st page! Now, I am reading 2 books at once…. Haha!!
Linda: I haven’t tried that type of multitasking yet:-) not sure I’m that gifted:-)
Jean: I don’t know if I’m that gifted either, but I’m trying, and it’s all Maryse’s fault!! And now I am trying not to ugly cry at the hair salon!!! It’s just the dye fumes getting to my eyes….that’s all…haha!
Tee hee!! Poor Jean. But then again, YAY Jean!!! We’re being book-gluttons together!! I don’t feel so bad now.
Okay so, are ya ready for the goodies? LOTS and LOTS!!!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Love Hacked: A reluctant romance (Knitting in the City) by Penelope Reid <— JUST RELEASED RIGHT NOW!!! 😀
- Destroyed by Pepper Winters <— JUST RELEASED TODAY! I know there are a bunch in our crew that love this author (and her other “dark” series)! I need to read her. 😀 Author notes: “No cliffhanger. Stand alone.” and Jenny just updated us saying: “LOVED LOVED LOVED Destroyed by Pepper Winters!! It’s a little bit of a departure from her normal writing but it was still a fantastic book!!“
- THERAPY by Kathryn Perez <— my BFF Sherry LOVED it. I totally one-clicked it. What a DEAL!
- Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again) by Emma Grayson <— Beverly loved this one! “I’ve read a couple of books this week that were 5 stars for me. One was Unbearable Guilt by Emma Grayson…” –> from the blurb, he’s devastated from the death of his fiancee and “As Kane gets closer to those responsible for Aimee’s death, he is thrown a curveball when he discovers a secret so devastating it rocks his world and threatens to destroy his chance at happiness.“
- This Regret by Victoria Ashley <— Beverly also suggests this one: “and the other is This Regret by Victoria Ashley. Both were really great books. Hope this helps!” — Love triangle caught between two brothers: “This Regret is a story of love, lust, betrayal and danger with an ending that no one saw coming.” and Lauren LOVES it!! “This Regret by Victoria Ashley is hands down THE best book I’ve read this year. KELLAN!!!!“
- Craving Redemption (The Aces MC #2) by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK! Laura recommends book #2 that was just released saying: “Just finished craving redemption by Nicole Jacquelyn and I liked craving constellations but I really really liked craving redemption!! It’s got all the goods in it u will all love it!!” and Shannon agrees: “Agree – I have enjoyed the two books in the series!” <— I read book #1 and I liked it a lot! (Here’s my review of Craving Constellations)
- Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance
- Writing Our Song: A Billionaire Romance by Emma South <— On sale, too.
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher <— I LOVED THIS ONE!!! One of my favorite “dark reads” is on sale right now! and I paid full price when I first read it). Now… it’s not near as dark as some of our super-dark ones (so have no fear), but OMG I could NOT put this one down, I stayed up all night until I finished it… and that ending. WOW!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this unique, kidnappy but super-awesome story. MUST READ! (here’s my review of Stolen).
- Fraternizing (Fraternizing #1) by C.C. Brown <— MILITARY!!! this one’s back on sale (thanks Aimee) and it sounds like it’s somewhat of a forbidden love story. “They feel it, they want it, but one thing stands in their way… The Marine Corps order on Fraternizing.“
- Wasted Heart by Nicole Reed <— ROCK STAR ALERT! (thanks Aimee) and Kirsten says: “Loved this book! I’m a sucker for a hot rock star! … It can be read as a standalone… but it’s part of the Ruining Series. All of her books are actually on sale…”
- Beyond Me: Sex on the Beach by Jennifer Probst <— JUST RELEASED (thanks Aimee!) and Jillian says: “Finished this the other day. It was pretty good!”
- Between Us: Sex on the Beach by Jen McLaughlin <— and another new release “sex on the beach” one. Hrmmm… is this a sort of… series with different authors?
- Touching Scars by Stacy Borel <— MILITARY!! Aimee found us this deal, too! “Timber Nelson has recently returned home after serving two tours in Iraq. Suffering from PTSD, he’s a shadow of the man he was before his time in the military. Instead of learning to live with the nightmares he faced in the war, he drowns them in a bottle of Crown.” (P.S. She’s damaged, too… and then they find each other).
- Becoming Sir by Ella Dominguez <— DOM Alert! (thanks Aimee) and can be read as a standalone (even though it’s part of a series – This is Sawyer’s journey into becoming Dominant, Master, Sir.).
- Falling for the Marine (A McCade Brothers Novel) by Samanthe Beck <— MILITARY HERO!! “Former military brat Chloe Kincaid is looking for an ego-boosting, no strings attached hook up. But when her positively panty-melting neighbor (aka Major Hottie) shows up on her massage table, their off-the-charts chemistry overrides her no-military-men policy until they’re caught.” Lots of good reviews for this one!
- Private Practice (Entangled Brazen) by Samanthe Beck <— Thanks Marisa!!
- Keep Me by Faith Andrews <— BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER! (thanks Aimee!). He’s a player and she’s a single mother … “Finally rid of her abusive, alcoholic ex, she’s making a new life for herself and catching up with old friends; the ones she was forced to break ties with because of her controlling husband.”
- Bound (Fire on Ice) by Brenda Rothert <— FAMOUS GUY ALERT!! (He’s a famous hockey star AND an underwear model). *waggles eyebrows* One that I’ve reviewed back in December (my review)
- Perfect (Book 3 of the Pierced Series) by J.C. Mells <— JUST RELEASED and Shannon says: “So happy! Perfect, Book 3 in the Pierced Series is now live! I would highly recommend this series.” and Aimee agrees! “*happy dance* I recently finished books 1 & 2 and have fallen in love!! Can’t wait!!” (here is the Pierced Series Reading Order)
- Hardwired (The Hacker Series) by Meredith Wild <— BILLIONAIRE alert!! Brought to my attention when Victoria asked if we knew when book #3 would be out. And it looks right up our alley! “Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation.” (he’s a billionaire hacker)…
- Hardpressed (The Hacker Series #2) by Meredith Wild (book #2). P.S. I have your answer Victoria!! “Hardline will be released in the Spring of 2014.”
- Dark Desire (Dark Series #2) by Christine Feehan <— I know, right? This is a blast from the past, but Trish’s recent enthusiasm for this series (she just discovered it) reminded me of how much I LOVED #1 & #2. Especially #2. This one is right up our alley in regards to SUPER dangerous alpha-male and that one woman that dares to get near him even though she’s warned away! The only difference is, he’s a vampire… And it’s actually in our “bargain price” range so I thought I’d bring this one back out, to play. 😉 (here’s my very old review)
Trisha: Almost finished with Christine Feehan’s Dark Curse, Book 17 in her Carpathian series, and I have been addicted to this series since book 1. I have every single book in the series so far and am patiently awaiting for Dark Blood to be released in September…. Oh and just to let you know how much I enjoy the series, my husband gets to sit back and laugh at me when I read something particularly funny, conversations between lifemates, and I bust out laughing to the point that he wants me to tell him what is so funny. Its got a little of everything, Ive even caught myself cussing at the books when something happens that I dont like Lol
Maryse’s Book Blog: I loved #1 and #2 (er… was it #2? The one where he’s been imprisoned in that wall for hundreds of years and he’s pretty vicious when they release him)? And they are scared for the girl that found him ’cause he’s so dangerous? THAT one was my FAVORITE!!!
- Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga) by Ginger Voight <— Melissa highly recommends these! “Ginger voights Fullerton fam series is just as amazing as well and all 3 books have released. Both series are absolute must reads!” (here is The Fullerton Family Saga Series Reading Order)
- Mustang Sassy (Entangled Edge) by Daire St. Denis <— recent release. Looks like fun by the synopsis, but the reviews are a bit all over the place… “When Sass Hogan catches her boyfriend slow-dancing and doing the tongue-tango with Tori Double-D-Cup Hunter, she pays him back the only way she knows how—by taking a tire iron to his beloved ’67 Mustang Fastback. There’s only one problem. She’s destroyed the wrong car.” <— hehe. *whoooops* I bet the owner LOVED that. 😉
- Dust to Dust: A Broken Fairy Tale by S.P. Cervantes <— NEW RELEASE.. looks like a “torrid affair” love story…
- Blue Rose (A Flowering Novel) by Sarah Daltry <— (thanks Aimee!)
- Asher (Boys South of The Mason Dixon #1) by Effy Vaughn <— NEW RELEASE! Bobbi recommends it: “I just finished Asher in the Boys South of the Mason Dixon Series. Author is Effy Vaughn. I cannot even say how awesome book 1. This series is going to be sooooo good! The next book is Bray and it looks like it will be out soon.” — “Five brothers who help their momma run their farm during the work week, while seeing how many women they can sweet talk out of their panties on the weekends.”
- Aflame (Apotheosis) by Krissy Daniels <— JUST RELEASED (paranormal). It sounds pretty good from the blurb: “Grayce has been on the run for years. Having escaped an abusive relationship with a violent psychopath, she is trying to rebuild her life one small step at a time. Things are going well until Zander crosses her path, badass and sexy as hell. … Tyr will do anything to get his little dove back. She is a Beacon, and her raw, burning energy gives him power and strength. More than the evil that already compels him. But a blond giant of a man hovers protectively around her. No matter. He’ll play with him too.“
- Trouble by Samantha Towle <— Bianca loves it! “Omg I have been in a book funk for a while and then I read Trouble by Samantha Towle and I LOVED it (and now I’m back where I started)!! … I found myself laughing, crying, falling in love and appreciating every page of this book!!!!! It’s a must read xx”
- Lissa: Sugar and Spice (The Wilde Sisters) by Sandra Marton <— recent release and looks sweet. She’s a famous chef and he’s a famous actor and both are struggling with their lives…
- Beyond Reason (Beyond Love Series #3) by Karice Bolton <— this one looks sweet too! “As long as she sticks to the rules everything should be fine, but that’s always been her problem. She never sticks to the rules, and she has two best friends determined to find her perfect match, even if that means digging up her old high school boyfriend.”
- Revenge #1 by JJ Knight <— STREET musician in LA! Tons of great reviews on this one and book #2 was just released. “Jess moves to LA for her dream job as a music intern. On her first day, she bumps into Dylan busking on a street corner. Dylan Wolf has a gritty voice. His eyes are soulful. His incredible body is to die for, tattoos and all. When Dylan looks at Jess, she feels emotions she’s never had before. He can be sweet, but his dark moods scare her. When he sings, the whole world falls away.“
- Revenge #2 by JJ Knight <— holy moly this recent release already has a ton of great reviews, too!!
- Dray (Custom Culture #3) by Tess Oliver <— RECENT RELEASE and well… you can be sure THAT cover caught my eye. 😉 And I’m not getting too much from the blurb, but I think he’ a fighter? Biker? BUT! Authors warns they should be read in order and this is book #3.
- The Possibility of Trey (A Hellion MC Novel) (Hellion Motorcycle Club) by J.A. Hornbuckle <— He’s the president of an MC… “When Dallas meets with her boss’s, boss’s, boss she can’t get over her discrimination against men who ride. Trey had thought he’d be meeting with another man, not a beautiful girl. But as fate continually throws them together, the two find it thrilling that something wonderful is building between them. One that transcends their roles and responsibilities, their choices and prejudices, even their busy everyday lives.”
- Impossibly (Dante’s Nine MC) by Colleen Masters <—- BIKER BOOK and just released. This one sounds a bit crazy! He’s an MC member and an underground fighter (death matches!), and she “answers an unlikely Craigslist ad for a dream summer internship in Las Vegas, she has no idea she’s about to fall into the web of the dangerous and mysterious badass biker Declan Tiberi. He’ll move her out to Vegas, give her the funding, resources, and business connections to start her company…the only catch: she has to sign a contract promising that she won’t fall in love with Declan–if she does she’ll lose everything.”
- Gator by Bijou Hunter <— also recently released (short story). “My scars terrify most people, but she views me as the sun, shining light into the darkness of her past. I am a killer, yet gave her life. She is mine and I dare anyone to stand in my way.”
- Safe House (Steel Infidels Biker MC Romance) by Dez Burke <— BIKER BOOK JUST RELEASED – “Veterinarian Dr. Kendra Shaw has never ignored an animal in need. So when a call comes in about an injured eagle she doesn’t think twice about going alone to a secluded cabin to meet the caller. What she finds there sets her on a shocking path she never imagined…”
- Deviant (Blood & Roses) by Callie Hart <— I’m bringing this one back, ’cause even if it’s a serial, and this one ends abruptly, from the comments I’ve received, it would seem it’s addictive as heck! Kate says: “Just read Deviant by Callie Hart. Holy Jesus crap. Down the rabbit hole and I want more! Had the book tinglies for the first time in foreeeeeeeeeeeever. The thinking about it all day fog. Now I’m in the sad “I’m never gonna start another book cause they’re just not gonna be as good” sadness…” <— WHOA!! THAT is the feeling I’m looking for!!! 😀
- Sinners at the Altar (Sinners on Tour) by Olivia Cunning <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Crash Into Love (Entangled Indulgence) by Sofia Grey <— short story (older woman/younger man!) releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Off the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Power Play: A Novel by Danielle Steele <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Aftershock (Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin) by Sylvia Day <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Captured in Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Liliana Hart <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Seeing Stars by J. Sterling <— releasing this Thursday (March 13th 2014)
Full Measures!!! great read!!! great mix of angst, hockey player, heat, drama., sweat…;-) this read even though it is NA was captivating and enjoyable!
now what to read next???
Has anyone read a book called Against the Cage. It’s by an author I’d never heard of Sidney Halston. I got a copy from publisher and let me just say…WOW. I am in love with Jack. *Swoon*. The book was so funny (especially the beginning) but more than that had some nail biting moments and most of all…had some awesome smexy scenes. And, since I am totally into MMA right now, it was right up my ally. I love that it was adult and not YA/NA. God, I am having a boyfriend hangover right now. : (
No one I know has heard about it. How is this even possible???
So many good books here…..need to get busy 🙂
Renate, I’m hearing that “Changing Course” is awesome. It’s also only 0.99 cents (I bought it last week and it’s HIGH on my TBR list).
Kelly, I have a review copy too. It’s coming out in May (probably why nobody is able to read it yet or really heard of it yet). I can’t wait!!! I like to read books right around release time so I can swoon with you guys, and still be in it’s “energy”, you know? But I’m itching to pick it up so bad! 😀
Me toooooo Sherry. It’s crazy how many I wanna gobble up at the same time.
Ohhhh….I thought it already came out. That makes sense. hee hee. I think you’ll love it. Not too angsty (which I know you love angst) but still fabulous. BTW…thanks for all you do, Maryse. I love your blog!
I love Fridays!!!! Clickity click I go!!! Just finished the Driven Triology!!! I absolutely loved it!! It consumed my week!!! Highly recommend it!! Next up Saving Dallas Forever!!! Loved this series too and can’t wait to start this one!!
The Sex on the Beach books feature the same characters but 3 different authors got together to write each 1.
I read Bound by Brenda Rothert a few months ago, and liked it. The author has since written a sequel Captive, which I loved. I commented about Bound needing more sex, well she listened with Captive lol it was steamier, it really touched me. Highly recommended!
I liked Gator, it was a strange little story. I like bad bad guys, not good guys playing around at being a bad guy. This story was that for sure.
Anyone ever get stuck in this cycle? Read an extremely angsty or ugly cry-inducing book and need something sweet or something that won’t punch you in the gut/heart/ovaries then get upset because *that* one doesn’t have enough angst or drama and end up reading the exact kind of book you were trying to cleanse your palette from. I just *know* I’m in good company here. 😉
On that topic, I’m itching for a series that follows the same characters in each book (not in the mood for a new couple with a HEA at the end of each book – don’t freaking judge! :P) and is crazy angsty like The Opportunist or Avoiding Commitment. Sooo…the Driven series or the Tristan & Danika series? Anyone??
Lisa M, I read the Driven trilogy this week too. My self imposed “no cliffhanger” rule forbade me from reading em till the last 1 came out & it. Was. Killing. Me. Lol
Nope I’m not doing it, I’m trying to be good and save money and re-read my favourites I’m not doing it nope nope!! Maryse if a irate scottish man starts yapping to u about one clicking and saving money and blah …..I was never here tell him!! Even better convince him it’s a totally legit addiction and cut me some slack!! Remember one clicking is an addiction thank you 🙂
I LOVED Falling for the Marine!! Characters and writing were great and it had every emotion you could want to go through in a book. I paid 2.99 for it and I’d do it again. It was close to perfect for a book in this genre. Highly recommend! 🙂
The Surrender Trilogy by Lydia Michaels! So so so good! I can’t believe more people haven’t read these. Angsty, sexy, just great reading! I think 2 of the books have been reduced to 2.99, the last 4 something, and so worth it.
Amy,go for Tristan & Danika.
I have to say I am SO overwhelmed! There are now so many book on my kindle, not even sure where to start, and yet I’m already anticipating next Tuesday for new releases. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you, Maryse, for this great website. Most of the books I truly love have come as recommendations from you. 🙂
The Plan by Qwen Salsbury price dropped to 2.99! CLICK
Thanks Kelly!! 😀
Lisa, I need to start both of those series!! Race car drivers and bikers. Yummy!
Lauren, that’s a unique concept! I wonder how they’ll come together… they look good!
Lori – Yay for the steamier! And i get you… the “bad guy” changing somewhat (er… as much as he can I guess) for that one girl… fun times!
Amy – right there with you… in regards to “angst breaks” and then not having enough ‘feels’. Oh as for the continuing characters, that’s why I decided to read the Kathleen Turner series. Have you read it yet?
LOL Laura!! Does he yap with a Scottish accent? That would be SO cooooool!!! 😛
Jill, thank you for that!! I love the military heroes, and since you loved it, I’m on it soon!!
Celeste, and your feedback is helping me choose my next ones. 😀 I love you guys!!
Lindsay… I LOVED that book!! Made me laugh like crazy, but there was still plenty of tension and alpha-jerkness. 😉
Oooh, I love alpha jerks 😉
Yah! Been waiting for The Plan to drop in price, click!
Amy – Tristan and Danika has waaaaaay more angst. It’s intense. If that’s what u r looking for then this is for u. Not only that but enjoyed this series far more than Driven. I got into the first book but then it just fizzled out for me. Still worth a look though.
Okay, Tristan & Danika it is. Thanks Helen and Deanna! And thank you Lori for the recommendation – that series looks intriguing. 🙂
Maryse, I haven’t started the KT series (yep, already bought the first three books) but it seems like everyone is loving it. How is the angst level? I need to know so I can plan it according to my “cycle.” No, not *that* cycle, my *reading* cycle. 😉
Yes Maryse he does if I was u I would go with ‘I’m sorry u speak to fast I don’t understand u’ I unfortunately don’t have that excuse so I do have to actually listen!
Hey Maryse!!! I am currently reading two books at the moment … Full measures which I cannot put down and Hell’s Knights….. 😉
Amy, definitely read Tristan and Danika….I already having pains in my stomach waiting for the release of the 3rd book on Tuesday!
I’m starting the first book today, Jean. It is a spinoff from the Up In the Air series, and I’m hoping it doesn’t spoil anything from those since I bought that series as well but haven’t read it yet. Fingers crossed here. 😉
I just finished THERAPY and wow, it was a bit much for me. It was a book about depression and it made ME depressed! I didn’t expect that kind of emotional read, probably my fault, and maybe I just wasn’t in the right mind frame for it.. Now I need a new book about rainbows and lollipops and happily ever after, it’s going to take something seriously happy for me to recover from this…
Ahhhh!! Just finished Saving Dallas forever!! Amazing series!! Lauren did you love the Driven series?? Maryse you will love both these series, Driven and Saving Dallas. The Kathleen Turner series was awesome too. I can’t wait for the next book… but it doesn’t come out until May!!! Grrrr!! Sounds like I need to check out the Tristan and Danika series.
I really like Deviant. Starts out pretty amazing! Also just finished
Destroyed by Pepper Winters. Also very good. She says not as dark
as the Tears of Tess series, but I would label it a dark, dark gray. I found it a little slow going in a few spots, but really picks up.
Also I really enjoyed the Up in the Air series, and am starting Tristan
and Danika. Then I think I will be visiting some biker boys!
Any idea when Effy Vaughn ( Abbi Glines) will have Bray out? It says March 28????