Guess what I did this weekend? I met up with some of our fellow book friends! *squeeeeee* I was so excited! A few I had already met (Sherry – from Utah and Penny from here in Florida) but THEY hadn’t met each other yet, and we all still had yet to meet Jimi Ann (from North Carolina). So we got together, and had a blast! I warned them all in regards to my Canadian cooties (although I’m finally getting over that cold!), and I did my best to restrain my creepy coughing fits (ew)! Yep… for a few days, last week, I sort of transformed into that sickly, drippy, wheezy, pale yet puffy-eyed person you avoid like the plague in the grocery store. But a week of bed rest and book-reading and a few choice medications helped tons, and I was ready for human interaction again!
News!!! Exciting exciting news!! Some of it is HUGE, some of it is silly, but all of it made me happy!
Kresley Cole will be going on a Lothaire Book tour!! And guess who’s touring with her!? Paul Marron. Yep. Stop squee’ing. Oh what am I saying!? Squee away 😉 Why Paul Marron you ask? Well, did you realize HE is the model on the cover of Lothaire‘s book? I had no idea. Didn’t even recognize him. That guy’s got a ton of different looks. – Thank you Sherry for that tidbit! 😉
- Jamie McGuire announced a short delay with the print version of her book Beautiful Disaster:
“I have some good news and bad news: Bad news… Beautiful Disaster paperback version has hit a small snag, which cost us a couple of weeks. :/ Good news…it’s coming!”
- Jessica Park‘s highly acclaimed novel “Flat-Out Love” (I loved it, too!)! Not sure how long that will last, but if you want a funny, sweet, romantic read with an interesting twist, get it!!
- Tina Folsom has released Zane’s story early (Zane’s Redemption (Scanguards Vampires #5)!!! It’s up and ready to go on Amazon as we speak.
- Laurell K Hamilton is currently writing, and has given us a progress update:
“Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) was loud in my head, though confusing. The character growth and the plot are sort of arguing with each other, or rather the large cast is puzzling me as a writer. Tougher job for me, more fun for all you guys. :-)”
Some of you have been wondering what happened to my “FanFic” post, and I’ve decided to… put it on hold. When I first posted it, I was barely even a quarter in (yup, it *gets to you* that fast). I was thinking, “Wow!! I gotta tell everyone!” I was a reading machine for a couple of evenings late into the night (it’s super long), and happily turning into a reading zombie, and then, I hit a few chapters that… left me uncomfortable. So I’m taking a break.
- First and foremost, to appease my “rock star” needs, I received confirmation from Cherrie Lynn (author of “Rock Me” and creator of one of my favorite bad-boy book heroes) that she IS planning a rock star book! YAY! She stated on her Facebook page:
Cherrie Lynn: I’m also really excited about an idea for a rock star romance that recently came to me.
which in turn made me totally *squee* in her Facebook ear:
Maryse: Cherrie! You just made me *squee* about the possibility of a Rock Star book. You know I AM SO THERE!!!
and then she responded:
Cherrie Lynn: LOL, I know you are, Maryse! I think a rock star book from me was always inevitable, I just hadn’t hit upon the right approach yet. But now I think I’ve got it. I’m excited too! 😉