HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We have another HUGE list this Friday (loaded in tried and true recommendations including some for recent releases) plus a bunch of new releases that gave me blurb jolts. 😉 Check out what we found to read! P.S. What are you reading? Are you loving it?
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 1 year ago, we had a craving for a different kind of Hero. Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books featuring Beta heroes…
- 2 years ago, I realized this: Reader Confession – My strange book listening vs. reading realization…
- 3 years ago, we made this list! Reader Recommendations – Friends to lovers romance books
- 3 years ago, my 4.5 star love for this cocky cop romance series was still in full force! Book Review – Disturbing His Peace: The Academy by Tessa Bailey
- 4 years ago, I reviewed this movie. Movie Review – The Girl With All the Gifts
- 5 years ago, I 5-STAR LOVED this book (so intense) and I wish she had kept the original cover. Book Review – Undecided by Julianna Keyes
- 5 years ago, we made one of our very favorite lists (that had us in a frenzy of OMG NO… but YES… but NO!!!): Books you’re dying to read, but are too scared to…
- 6 years ago, we wanted more Alpha males!!! In need of a Good Alpha Male Book? Latest Reader Recommendations…
- 6 years ago, I met Tijan and learned how to pronounce her name! I had been saying it ALL WRONG! 😂 Dear book friends… guess who I just met? Tijan!!!
- 8 years ago, I 5-STAR LOVED this angsty read (AND!!! Got the pleasure of realizing that I was a character at the end of the book!!!! SO. FUN!) Book Review – Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino
R. Renee: Good morning! I just saw that Sweet Thing is on sale …right now too!
- 9 years ago, this was the start of my love (and friendship) for one of my absolute favorite authors in the world. And this trilogy had us going CRAZY!!!!! Book Review – The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
- 10 years ago, I was still pretty much only into vampires… and I 4-starred this one! Book Review – Bonded by Blood by Laurie London
- 11 years ago, I read book #2 in this gothic “teacher-student” forbidden love romance (which was out of my norm at that time). 😉 Book Review – The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Office Hate: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Rachel Van Dyken <— LIVE!!! RACHEL VAN DYKEN’S LATEST! SHE HATED HIM!! “…After we graduated college and, thank God, finally parted ways, I thought that I was done having to deal with the enemy. And then I got fired, sending me careening right into a local bar—and Mark’s bed. My nightmare came true as we both soon realized that we would be fighting for the same job at Emory Enterprises. We had to live together under the same roof, and as the challenges got weirder and weirder, we got closer and closer—united by the trauma that is CEO Max Emory…”
- Can’t Help My Shelf (His Curvy Librarian Book 3) by Frankie Love <— LIVE!!
- Harvest Moon (Wolf Moon Rising Book 2) by Sam Burns and W.M. Fawkes <— LIVE!!
- Playing House: A Small Town Brother’s Best Friend Romance (The Playboys of Sin Valley Book 1) by Cassie-Ann L. Miller <— LIVE!!
- The Secrets That Find Us: The Secrets That Find Us (Devil’s Dust MC Legacy) (The Devils Dust MC Legacy Book 4) by M.N. Forgy <— LIVE!! PROSPECT HAS TO WATCH OVER THE FORBIDDEN MC PRINCESS!! “…I have a job to do: watch the club princess, don’t touch her, then report back to the president of the Devil’s Dust MC. But I have to step out of my place as a prospect to save the spoiled brat. She thinks she’s cute, trying to tempt me to break her dad’s one rule. What she doesn’t know is that I’ll throw her over my knee and spank the daddy issues from her until she’s looking nowhere but at me...”
- The Billionaire’s Big Gamble (The Miami Vices Book 2) by Breezie Bennett <— LIVE!!!
- Roommates (Life in the Brohouse Book 2) by Carmen Black <— LIVE!!! REVERSE HAREM!!
- Dare to be Wild (Daring Daughters Book 3) by Emma V Leech <— LIVE!!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE!
- All Rhodes Lead Here by Mariana Zapata <— RECENT RELEASE & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE ROCHELLE, SANDI & MONY LOVED IT!
Rochelle: I just finished all Rhodes Lead here by Mariana Zapata. It had a slow start but the slow burn was great. All her writing is excellent. I love how she ties spots or outdoors into her stories. Never go wrong with Mariana.
Sandi: I loved All Rhodes Lead Here!
Mony: I loved this book! My favourite trope is enemies to lovers and Zapata delivers with Rhodes as the grumpy hot DILF. 🙂
And, as usual with Ms Z, it’s the kind of book where I had to be patient to read about all the changes and growth in Aurora, Rhodes and his son Amos (with great secondary characters). She did a great job, and I enjoyed and savoured all the bits as the story unfolded.
I felt the same as Harper about the last quarter or so..that part was too long and was disappointing in bringing it all together. But then I thought, so what…the book was really good!
Overall, I’d say this is an epic and beautiful love story about the evolution of two complex and interesting people. 4-4.5 stars for me.
Much better than Hands Down!
- From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata <— SANDI LOVED THIS ONE!
Sandi: Hi Maryse, happy pre weekend! I just finished From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata, I’ve loved everything I’ve read by her so far.
I just started The Seat Filler by Sariah Wilson. It seems good so far. Have a great weekend!
Maryse: I still haven’t read that one from her (and I love that author) so I have a couple to catch up on now. The only one I didn’t thrill over (just too long and drawn out) was Dear Aaron.
Let me know what you think of The Seat Filler. I like the blurb where it indicates that she’s faking that she doesn’t know who he is. 😉
- The Seat Filler by Sariah Wilson <— SLOW BURN RECENT RELEASE & LISA C RECOMMENDS IT!
Lisa C: I finished the Seat Filler. I really liked it! Slow burn. Good famous guy, regular girl story. Not too angsty. (I know you were asking someone else but I thought I would chime in). 🙂
Sandi: I’m liking it too, so far. I’m about half way through
Maryse: I LOVE that you did Lisa!!! I appreciate all the recommendations and I LOVE “normal girl” in love with a celebrity stories. Thank you!!! 😀
- Callan’s Atlas (Brigs Ferry Bay Book 3) by K Webster <— LIVE!!! K. WEBSTER M/M ROMANCE!! “...The color in my life bled from me months ago and never came back. Until him. Atlas Larson. Newest cop on the BFB police force. Too hot. Too strong. Too old for me. Too…everything…”
- Brave Boy (Perfect Boys Book 2) by K.M. Neuhold <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Cash & Cary (Men of Memphis Blues Book 1) by Sam E. Kraemer <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- 33 Minutes: An Asher Radman FBI Thriller: A Gay Romance Mystery by John Charles <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Fire in the Ice by Ryan Taylor and Joshua Harwood <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Yes & I Love You by Roni Loren <— ROCHELLE ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Rochelle: Just finished Yes & I love you by Roni Loren. A fun romantic easy read. Not heavy for my stressed out life.
- This Caged Wolf: Soul Bitten Shifter Book 3 by Everly Frost <— LIVE!!!
- What Are The Odds?: An estranged best friends-to-lovers romance by R.M. Virtues <— LIVE!!!
- Falling for Your Best Friend: a Sweet Romantic Comedy (Love Clichés Sweet RomCom Book 5) by Emma St. Clair <— LIVE!!!
- Beachside Promises: Feel-Good Women’s Fiction (Marigold Island Book 3) by Fiona Baker <— LIVE!!!
- Out of the Blue by Kathryn Nolan <— LIVE!!!
- Until Serena by Chiquita Dennie <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM DOING HER BEST WITHOUT HELP!! “…she’s doing everything she can to keep them afloat and not ask for help. That plan works out fine until Mother Nature, crying kids, a car that breaks down, and a sexy Alpha male with enough cockiness to make her swoon, collide and force her to leave her comfort zone...”
- Discord: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (The Library of the Profane Book 2) by JB Trepagnier <— LIVE!!!
- The Anabel and William Duet: A Football Romance (New York Knights) by Anna B. Doe <— LIVE!!!
- Cruel Saints (Lochkelvin Academy Book 1) by Evie Kady <— LIVE!!!
- Bad Blood: A Dark Mafia Romance (Corrupt Gods Duet Book 1) by Cora Kenborn and Catherine Wiltcher <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ARRANGED MARRIAGE!! “…I’ll bend her. I’ll break her. I’ll turn our mockery of a marriage into a battlefield. And that river of bad blood that flows between our two families? I’ll make it an ocean of hate. *This is book 1 of a new dark romance duet. Tainted Blood, book 2, releases June 9th…”
- Safe (In Harm’s Way Book 1) by Stephanie Hurt <— LIVE!!
- Cups of You (Coffee Shops of Love Book 1) by Karmen Lee <— LIVE!!
- Until You: A Brother’s Best Friend Standalone (Off-Limits) by Catharina Maura <— LIVE!!!
- MICHELLE G ENJOYED THESE:
I should have chimed in yesterday. I had a ton of books on the release list that I read ARC’s for — my absolute favorite was
- The Girl with Stars in Her Eyes – the book and audiobook were both outstanding (in my opinion).
- I also enjoyed Tijan’s The Insiders,
- The Last Thing He Told Me,
- It Had to Be You,
- The Newcomer,
- Before I Saw You and
- Olympus, Texas.
- I’m still reading Sorrowland, which also released yesterday. It started slowly for me, but I can tell it’s ramping up.
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— A HUGE DARK FAVORITE HERE IN OUR CREW & JOY WENT CRAZY FOR IT, TOO!
Joy: I must rave about R. Lee Smith’s The Last Hour of Gann!!!!! OMG, Maryse. Addison Cain posted about it in her book group, way, way, way back before Covid interrupted our lives, but I recently broke it out and it was soooo worth it!
She wove a great story that is so different from what I’ve been reading in PNR. It’s long but good.
Michele G: I have to agree with Joy’s love of The Last Hour of Gann! It was so good….so long…but original, unique and immersive.
- Totally Engaged (Six 32 Central Book 4) by Mina V. Esguerra <— LIVE!! HER TENANT BECOMES HER NEW FAKE “FIANCE”!! “…Rose Alban, 41, has been happily living alone and single in Manila. When her entire family moved to the US she became responsible for their house and since then she’s transformed it into her home, her sanctuary, and base for a new and more fulfilling career. She was even able to convert the garage into a studio apartment, that she’s now renting out to her friend’s brother Pascal Cortes, 39, former MBA professor who’s now heading operations at an exciting education startup at a nearby business district...”
- Xander (The Black Stallions MC Book 1) by Aviana West <— LIVE!!
- False Start (Second Down Book 1) by Sasha Marshall <— LIVE!!
- To Catch A Feather: A heartfelt contemporary romance set in Scotland – Found in Fife Book One by R. A. Hutchins <— LIVE!!
- Breaking Dragon by Jordan Marie <—- BIKER BOOK & KATHY RECOMMENDS THIS SERIES!
Kathy: If you haven’t read Jordon Marie’s Breaking Dragon and the books in this series you should. They are so good!!
- Love Letters: A Hidden Springs Novel by Lisa McLuckie <— LIVE!!
- Island Charm by Audrey Wick <— LIVE!!
- Stay (Touch of Desire Book 1) by Autumn Breeze <— LIVE!!
- You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning <— MONY ENJOYED THIS ONE (and so did I)!
Mony: You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning – A unique slow burn romance. Max, who although appears to be a one-dimensional king of the one-night stands shows us he’s so much more than that (sigh). And Neve – smart, observant – yearns to feel more comfortable with her body and with men, and more authentic about who she really is.
Indie book, long-ish, needs edit but story has incredible “nuggets”. Worth it. 4⭐ (great cover)
Maryse: YESSSSSS!!!! I read that one back in 2013 and really liked it too! Here’s my book review.
V: Loved this book. Sarra Manning is a great writer and I love that her books are longer. Something you can sink you teeth into and not one dimensional like so much of the stuff written these days.
Libby: I loved this book. I connected with heroine on so many levels. I loved the British-isms and all her references to the books she read (consumed) in her youth. I just wish I could find more books like it.
- A Ruthless Proposition by Natasha Anders <— AUTHOR DUBBED “QUEEN OF THE GROVELING HERO”!! 😉 MONY ALSO ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Mony: Ruthless Proposition by Natasha Anders*- Striking. From friend’s review…”the author should be dubbed the queen of 180’s or queen of grovel”.
First half: about Dante, a gorgeous “complete and utter waste of fictional human garbage” boss, and Cleo “a disgustingly accommodating” admin assistant. Second half is the pay dirt (so different from first half) …don’t want to give anything away, but it made me cry.
Loved it. 4⭐ * same author as The Unwanted Wife
- Roomies: A brother’s best friend romance by Kayla Wren <— LIVE!!! UNREQUITED CRUSH & NOW THEY’RE STUCK TOGETHER!! “…I’m out of college now, and I don’t have time for jerks—not even gorgeous, tattooed ones. But when my brother takes off traveling and leaves me his apartment key, guess who I find raiding the fridge? Adrian needs to get out. I don’t care if he was invited. I need this place more than anyone knows. He won’t back down. Well, neither will I. May the biggest jerk win…”
- Feral is the Day (Feral Night World Book 2) by Leeah Taylor <— LIVE!!!
- Easton Family Boxset by Abigail Davies <— SERIES BUNDLE!!
- Brutal Captor : An Enemies to Lovers Russian Mafia Romance (Ivankov Mafia Bratva, Series 1) by Amber Adams <— SERIES BUNDLE!!
- Little Lies by Elena M. Reyes <— LIVE!!! DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! SHE IS HIS & HE WILL NEVER LET HER GO! “...I AM DARKNESS. I AM SIN. I AM YOURS. A truth imprinted onto my skin—its sharp vines digging into my flesh as our bond strengthens with each shallow intake of breath my love takes. Her life is intertwined with the devil, a man who hungers for depravity and death, and yet, I bend my knee for her. Only her. Always her. She is mine and I will kill to protect. Kill to own her. Gabriella Moore will never leave me. Not by choice or circumstance…”
- Maelstrom (Red Door Book 3) by Dyan Layne <— LIVE!!!
- Tangled Rose: A High School Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Rosehaven Academy Book 5) by Leila James <— LIVE!!!
- Her Stubborn Mountain Man (Spring’s Mountain Men Book 1) by Jade Bay <— LIVE!!!
- The Preacher’s Daughter: The Pact by Melissa Adams <— LIVE!!!
- Bedwyn Saga series by Mary Balogh <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE & MONY LOVED THIS SERIES!!
Mony: I just read the Bedwyn Saga series by Mary Balogh and loved it! I liked this one even better than Bridgerton series!
Some of the strongest HR writing. Powerful characters. Each book is about one of the Bedwyn siblings, and they are not your usual. Clever Balogh shows us their development throughout the series, particularly the taciturn, arrogant, handsome Wulfric Bedwyn, Duke of Bewcastle, culminating in book #6 when he meets the sunny Christine Derrick. Recommend!
…It was fabulous and I’m in love with the Duke of Bewcastle.
A Summer to Remember (#0.5) – 4.5⭐
Slightly Married (#1) – 5⭐
Slightly Wicked (#2) – 5⭐
Slightly Scandalous (#3) – 3.5-4⭐
Only skimmed books #4 & #5 for Wulfric Bedwyn “sightings” (I’m like that 🤭)
Slightly Dangerous (#6) – 5++⭐
Once Upon A Dream (#6.5) – 3.5-4⭐ (also for Wulfric Bedwyn “sightings” 🤦♀️)
Jan: I’m in love with the Duke of Bewcastle too. One of my fav book husbands.
- Celebrity Dirt: A Fake Relationship Romantic Suspense Standalone by J.D. Hollyfield <— LIVE!!! SHE’S TRYING TO GET THE STORY BUT GETS HERSELF IN TROUBLE!! “…Steal an invite, pretend to be somebody else, get the dirt, make a name for myself. Sounds easy, right? That’s until I realized that somebody else is the same person who has a target on their back by Chicago’s most notorious mob boss. But he’s not my biggest problem. No, my biggest problem would be the mob boss’s broody, sexy right-hand man with a serious chip on his shoulder who tells me the only way to survive is to trust and do what he says… Now, I have to figure out how to play by his rules while getting the story…”
- Closing on Love (Oak Springs book 1) by Mina Cole <— LIVE!!
- Beautiful Enemy (The Enemies Trilogy Book 1) by Piper Lawson <— LIVE!!
- Leia Stone <— JOY HAS A LIST OF HERA FAVORITE SHIFTER BOOKS FOR US (and is looking for more recommendations):
Mony: Hi Joy, I also recently read Leia Stone’s Wolf Girl #1& 2, and Matefinder (striking book cover). Nice find. Great stories, and loved the alpha Hs in both series. Reading Alpha Girl (Wolf Girl #3) as a group read in June. 🙂
Joy: Melanie Karsak’s Shield Maiden series is great as well.
Joy: I’ll list a few others that were really good. I had a few dbf’s that sucked soooooo bad, lol but most of what I’ve read over the last 2 months has been great.
- Alpha’s Claim: Amelia Hutchins
- Rabid: Ivy Asher
- Wild Heart: C. R. Jane
- Wild Moon: C. R. Jane
- Shadow Beast Shifter series: Jaymin Eve
- We Only Have Til Monday: Cara Dee
- The Controllers series: L. V. Lane
- Don’t Kiss The Bride: Carian Cole
- Communion: Ella James
- Corrupted: Addison Cain
- Tales From Verania: T. J. Klune
If anyone can recommend some Wolf Shifter books, I’d appreciate it.
- Werelock Evolution series by Hettie Iver <— MICHELE G RECOMMENDS THIS ONE TO JOY!
Michele G: Joy, I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for or not, but I enjoyed the first couple of books in Hettie Iver’s Werelock Evolution series. This reminds me, she has a few more I haven’t read yet.
Joy: I love that series!!! There’s one book that I need to read and I’d forgotten about it. I’m glad you mentioned it!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Flock: The Ravenhood, Book 1 by Kate Stewart <— LIVE!! THIS TRILOGY IS A HUGE FAVORITE & now book #1 is available as an audiobook!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- My Cruel Salvation (Fallen Saint Series Book 3) by J. Kenner – May 18th 2021
- Fake by Kylie Scott – May 18th 2021
- The Hunting Wives by May Cobb – May 18th 2021
- The Break-Up Book Club by Wendy Wax – May 18th 2021
- Fallen Jester (Tin Gypsy Book 5) by Devney Perry – May 18th 2021
- Local Woman Missing: A Novel by Mary Kubica – May 18th 2021
- Wild North (The North Brothers Book 1) by JB Salsbury – May 18th 2021
- Doin’ A Dime (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale – May 18th 2021
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren – May 18th 2021
- Stalking Gideon Cain by Kerry Alan Denney – May 21st 2021
- Trust: A Friends-to-Lovers Rockstar Romance (Full Moon Book 1) by Stacy Stone – May 21st 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann – May 23rd 2021
- Tie Me Down: A Small Town Friends to Lovers Romance (Bellamy Creek Series Book 4) by Melanie Harlow – May 24th 2021
- Dream Spinner (Dream Team Book 3) by Kristen Ashley – May 25th 2021
- Wildflower Season: A Novel (The Carolina Girls Book 1) by Michelle Major – May 25th 2021
- Malibu Rising: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – May 25th 2021
- A Fate of Wrath & Flame by K.A. Tucker – May 25th 2021
- All My Darkest Impulses (House of Crows Book 1) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Fog Descending (House of Crows Book 2) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Circling the Drain (House of Crows Book 3) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Love the Way You Lie (House of Crows Book 4) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Good To Be Bad (Good In Bed Book 2) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente – May 28th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!