HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I hope everyone has a snuggle-weekend in plan, because I hear there’s a 6000 mile snow-storm/super-cold weather advisory that extends all the way through to Quebec where my mother is. Florida… well, we’re all good (for now 😉 ) We had our cold snap last week (even into the 20s where I live) but I spent the day at the beach in St. Petersburg yesterday strolling the boardwalk, and enjoying life as it should be. After the disaster area in the making of my landscaping due to everything crashing after our freeze, I needed this.
9:45AM UPDATE!!! —> Okay so as usual, time to build today’s Friday Finds list IS READY so if you’re looking for something to read, I have it here!!! Also if you have any I missed, let me know. 😀
Don’t forget to check out today’s feature post (and a favorite author here!!):
- Joey W. Hill’s first book in series “Board Resolution” is free, so she’s sent over fun facts + an AMAZING giveaway!! <— Today’s newsletter sponsor!!
- Reader Questions <— 5 new ones to be solved (and even more coming up over the weekend!!)
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 1 year ago, these were my top 2020 choices! Maryse’s Top Ten Favorite Books in 2020
- 1 year ago, this book 5-STAR BLEW ME AWAY! Book Review – In Five Years by Rebecca Serle
- 1 year ago, these were Kelly’s 2020 favs: Reader Favorites – Kelly’s Best Books of 2020 List
- 2 year ago, I enjoyed this angry unrequited love one!! Book Review – Release by Aly Martinez
- 2 year ago, we made this awesome list! Separated or Divorced Second Chance Romance Book Recommendations
- 2 year ago, I listened to this one and loved it! Book Review – Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- 4 years ago, this angsty one blew us away!! Book Review – Waiting for the Sun by Robin Hill
- 4 years ago, we were anxiously awaiting these: Reader Confession – What “next in series” book are you anxiously awaiting?
- 5 years ago, these were Antonella’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Antonella’s 2016 Top Ten
- 5 years ago, I 4.5 STARRED this one! Book Review – Wrecking Ball by P. Dangelico
- 6 years ago, so many in our book crew were going crazy for this series! C. S. Pacat – The Captive Prince Trilogy Reading Order
- 6 years ago, we made one of my “catnip trope” lists! The Ultimate Book List of Innocent and Sheltered Heroines (strict upbringings, or raised in a cult etc…)
- 7 years ago, I did a blast from the past post about Twilight. 😉 When I first read Twilight… a look into the start of my book obsession (and THIS blog).
- 7 years ago, so many in our crew were going crazy for this series! Sarah Lyons Fleming – Until the End of the World Series Reading Order
- 8 years ago, I began discovering Mia Sheridan! Book Review – Leo by Mia Sheridan
- 8 years ago, we made another AMAZING “book catnip” list. 😉 Ultimate List of Hermit and Recluse Romance Book Heroes
- 9 years ago, we were hopelessly in love and we wanted more! What To Read After Hopeless
- 11 years ago, I got hooked on this YA (but kind of NOT all that YA – eeeeeep!!) series! Book Review – Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast and Book Review – Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- 11 years ago, these were my favorites: My Top Ten Favorite Vampire Series and My Top Ten Favorite Paranormal Series
- 12 years ago, I devoured this series! Book Review – No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Fight Game by Nikki Castle <— MMA FIGHTERS!! THIS ONE WAS RECOMMENDED BY ONE OF MY ORIGINAL BOOK-BUDS (who is also an MMA fighter!!) and once interviewed me for her podcast!
Sandra: …I really love your blog and even though I’m not on Facebook (I may join Twitter just to follow you) I still visit your site.
Anyway, my MMA coach just wrote a book that’s getting some buzz, it’s called Five Rounds. The best part is that she’s deep into the MMA community (she cornered me on my first and only fight) and yet she loves writing romance. I found her book to be different because she actually knows the community well and to me captures the gym vibe. Her first book is light and flirty enemy to lovers and she’s set to release her second book soon. I’d love to send you a copy or put her on the recommendation list (she’s on Kindle Unlimited!).
Her next book in the series will be a bit deeper. Anyway I’m really excited, it’s rare to see a woman fighter/coach actually write in the romance genre. I feel like her character is a strong fierce woman. Also, we started a book club which is hilarious because after we spar or hit the pads in class we talk about our book boyfriends!
- Hot Vampire Next Door: Season Two (Midnight Harbor Book 2) by Nikki St. Crowe <— LIVE!!
- Second Chance at Love: A Secret Baby Romance (The Big Bad Braddock Brothers) by Lydia Hall <— LIVE!!
- Favorite Mistake (The Sweet Series) by Monica Walters <— LIVE!!
- Love and Other Puzzles by Kimberley Allsopp <— SOMEWHAT OCD (okay a lot!! LOL! 😂) but she decides to try something different… “…Rory’s life is perfectly predictable, ordered and on track – just the way she likes it. She walks her 12,000 steps a day, writes her to-do list and each night she prepares her breakfast chia pods and lays out her clothes for the next day. She’s doing everything right. So why does everything feel so wrong? Deep down, she knows her life and career – not to mention her relationship – are going nowhere, and so Rory, in a moment of desperation, takes an uncharacteristic step: letting the clues of The New York Times crossword puzzle dictate all her decisions for a week…”
- The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MONA LOVED IT!
Mona: I just finished The Host, thank you Maryse for letting us know about the sale price and your excellent review of it! I have a major book hangover and can’t find my next read!
- Heartstone Series by Saffron A Kent <— NANCY FOUND US THIS SERIES BOOK BUNDLE SALE!!! I JUST ONE-CLICKED IT!
Meet the girls of Heartstone: Sassy, spunky and in love with forbidden, deliciously grumpy men. This boxset features:
Medicine Man (Heartstone Series book 1) – Simon & Willow’s story
No, Willow Taylor shouldn’t be attracted to Simon Blackwood at all. Because she’s a patient and he’s her doctor. Her psychiatrist. The medicine man.
Dreams of 18 (Heartstone Series book 2) – Graham & Violet’s story
You don’t go around kissing your best friend’s dad, do you? Even though that’s all you ever dream about.
California Dreamin’ (Heartstone Series book 3) – Dean & Fallon’s story
Everyone thinks Dean Collins is too old for Fallon Blackwood but she doesn’t care. Because they belong together.
- Ruining Dahlia: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mafia Wars Book 1) by C.R. Jane <— LIVE!!! REVERSE HAREM!! “...I was sold to my enemies. And not just my enemies. I was sold to monsters. I should know all about how to survive monsters though, I come from a family of them. We aren’t Butchers in name only, and surely the Rossi family can’t be as bad as the devil that’s been destroying me since I was eight years old. New York City, the powerful head of the Cosa Nostra, is my new home. Where Lucian, Raphael, and Gabriel Rossi now think they own me. The thing they don’t realize is that I’m more than what I seem...”
- Irish Doctor’s Valentine (Doctors of Denver) by K.C. Crowne <— LIVE!!!
- Having the Cowboy’s Baby (Rowdy Ranch Book 1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— LIVE!!!
- Mason: MC Romance Family (Heroes MC Fort Dix Book 5) by Autuhor Summers <— LIVE!!!
- After I do By Taylor Jenkins Reid <— ONE OF MY 5-STAR FAVORITES MADE AIMEE MAD BUT SHE STILL LIKED IT!
Aimee: So I’m giving this 4* only because this couple is so infuriating!!! To each their own when it comes to relationships but I felt like they were so immature! Tears were shed by me because it’s hard work when it comes to relationships. But happy it had an HEA!
- Midlife Valentine: A Later in Life Younger Man Older Woman Romance by Piper Sullivan <— LIVE!
- Deceiving the Duke (Gems of London Book 1) by Elizabeth Ellen Carter <— LIVE!
- The CEO (Silver Spoon MC) by Loni Ree <— LIVE!
- Have a Heart: A Beauty in Imperfection Anthology <— LIVE!
- Ruthless Vow: A Dark Mafia Arranged Marriage Romance (Mafia Marriages Book 5) by Willow Fox <— LIVE! ITALIAN MAFIA THAT SHOULD BE BRATVA!! “…I murdered my boss and stole his throne. He made me the beast that I am, and I made him pay the price. But there’s a girl that I want beside me while I rule the city. The only problem, she’s Russian and the little sister of my enemy. She’s innocent, naive, and has no idea what I intend to do to her family...”
- Wolf Outcast: An Enemies to Lovers Paranormal Shifter Romance (The Shifter Prophecy series) by Hailey Beckett <— LIVE!
- Between Flaming Stars (Offspring Legends Book 1) by Hayley Faiman <— LIVE!
- Wronged by Rin Sher <— LIVE!
- I Wanted It To Be You: Rebel Rendezvous #1 by Piper James <— UNREQUITED LOVE!!! SHE NEEDS HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND TO HELP HER! “…Maybe I’ll ask the guy I’ve crushed on for months…my online friend whose posts always seem to reverberate in my soul. Whose messages make me laugh. Think. Feel. The one who has his own crush…on someone else. What am I going to do?…”
- Cursed Mate (Shadow City: Royal Vampire Book 1) by Jen L. Grey <— LIVE!
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Lethal By: Cassandra Robins <— AIMEE LOVED THIS ONE!
Aimee: I finished an audible! 😀 9 hour drive was a perfect time to listen and it was good!!!
4* with 5* Narrators! The male voice was perfect for an MC prez!!! It was an MC who took a woman for a debt, romance shock😳
- Cross by Lena Bourne <— Aimee says swoon-worthy!!
Aimee: I also listened to Cross by Lena Born 4* has one of my favorite male narrators due to his deep baritone! Swoon worthy!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Damaged by Tijan – February 8th 2022
- Text for You: A Novel by Sofie Cramer – February 8th 2022
- The Arc: A Novel by Tory Henwood Hoen – February 8th 2022
- Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher – February 8th 2022
- Tempted by the Billionaire (A Forbidden Age-Gap, Boss-Assistant Romance) (Forbidden Confessions Book 9) by Shayla Black – February 8th 2022
- Trust Me by Kelly Irvin – February 8th 2022
- Secret Desire (The Secret Series Book 8) by Jill Sanders – February 8th 2022
- Jane and the Year Without a Summer (Being a Jane Austen Mystery Book 14) by Stephanie Barron – February 8th 2022
- A Chance for Us by Corinne Michaels – February 8th 2022
- Goodbye Again (Wyndham Beach Book 2) by Mariah Stewart – February 8th 2022
- Abandoned in Death by J. D. Robb – February 8th 2022
- The Bet by Karla Sorensen – February 9th 2022
- Caught by Love: Archer Steele (The Steeles at Silver Island Book 3) by Melissa Foster
- Making Her Mine (The Callahans Book 6) by Monica Murphy – February 10th 2022
- Dante’s Undoing by J. S. Cooper – February 10th 2022
- The Wrong Suitcase by Laura Jane Williams – February 12th 2022
- Shallow | A Novel by Randi Cooley Wilson – February 14th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!